A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Basil Ahmed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Basil Ahmed is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Basil Ahmed, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Infectious Disease
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed graduated from University Of Baghdad.
Dr. Ahmed has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahmed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Basil S. Ahmed practice?
Dr. Basil Ahmed practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, and Hematology near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Palmerton, PA and Lehighton, PA.
See Allentown Internists, Allentown Oncologists, and Allentown Hematologists.