A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Basil Ahmed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Basil Ahmed is Average.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ahmed
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Ahmed Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Basil Ahmed, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmed graduated from University Of Baghdad.
Dr. Ahmed has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Basil S Ahmed MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Basil S. Ahmed practice?
- Dr. Basil Ahmed has 1 office location.
Dr. Basil Ahmed practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Allentown, PA.
See Allentown Internists, Allentown Hematologists, and Allentown Oncologists.