Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Review of Dr. Michaels show details Review of Dr. Michaels
by Carla Skidmore & Robert Skidmore on Sep 25th, 2014

My visit with Dr. Michaels was non emergent, and for my left ring finger which would not hyperextend. I had been sent to Dr. Michaels by Dr. Goldfinger, who wanted to be sure that the condition would not affect other fingers of that hand. Dr. Michaels was knowledgeable and took time to explain the etiology of the condition, which was a ruptured tendon. We discussed, at length, the surgery that would be necessary if I wanted to have this condition repaired. No other fingers would be affected if I had no surgery, and I opted to leave the situation alone. The surgery would entail taking a tendon from another finger, which had two tendons, and attaching that tendon to the affected finger. I would mean that I could not use my left hand until the healing was complete. Since I am right handed, this present condition does not preclude me from carrying out my ADLs. Dr. Michaels and his PA are both knowledgeable, patient and neither rushed the appointment as the doctor explained the procedure and Dr. Michaels concurred that my decision to not have the surgery was the best for me, given my age and the fact that the hand was not my dominant hand. The office staff, I am sorry to say, was not as patient or understanding. When I went in I was handed a laptop computer and told to fill in my entire history, which at my age, 77, is lengthy. I do have a laptop at home, but I use a separate mouse, which was not available for me to use at the office. The program was completely new to me and after "helping?" me twice, the receptionist grabbed the laptop and took it back to her station. The PA or RN with Dr. Michaels rapidly took down my hx when I was called into see the doctor. I apologized for being a PIA, but she told me that many patients have difficulty with using their laptop. I wish the receptionist could have been that helpful and kind. I gave one star for "courtesy of staff" but that applied only to the particular receptionist with whom I dealt, not the staff member who accompanied Dr. Michaels at the time of my visit with him.

Dr. Micheals show details Dr. Micheals
by Paula Legault on Jan 28th, 2014

The best at every thing he does !

He changed my life show details He changed my life
by Betsy S. on Aug 25th, 2013

I felt uncomfortable about my body since I was a teenager. Dr. Michaels made me feel good about myself. I am no longer ashamed.

Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Michaels listened to all of my questions and answered thoroughly. I liked that he didn't rush me, and showed me photographs of expected results. I had a breast lift and upper eyelids. I love the results. Very natural. I look like me, but 12 years younger! Office staff was very helpful from beginning to end

A Compassionate Artist show details A Compassionate Artist
by gs on Mar 4th, 2013

I recently had a mommy makeover with a breast lift and enhancement and tummy tuck. From the moment I walked into the office I was put at ease. The staff is friendly and courteous and bent over backwards to accomodate my needs. Dr. Michaels is a scientist and an artist, he performed my surgery without general anesthesia and I had no real pain after my surgery. I am so happy with my new body. It was such a good experience that I've gone back for skin treatments and botox for the past year.

Not a professional surgeon. show details Not a professional surgeon.
Aug 13th, 2012

When I sawDr. Michaels, we got along and had the same ideas on the surgery. I paid all my up front fees, then got nervous. I got nervous becuse he wasn't really comunicating with me as much as I wanted him to. It didn't seem like he exactly knew what I wanted. So I emailed him again asking him to communicate more and telling him how nervous I was. He then said he didn't think I was ready for plastic surgery and made me go back.I don't think Dr. michaels really cares that much about the outcome. He'll just mechanically do a job. I don't think he's very artistic either. Anyway. I think negatively about him.

ms show details ms
May 12th, 2012

i recommend any person thinking of having plastic surgery to look at pictures of past work. I was very disappointed with my surgery. I think i like my body better before the surgery.

Mar 19th, 2012

Very attentive, kind and professional. He thoroughly described all my options for surgery. Outcome of breast surgery awesome! I have since recommended him to 2 of my friends.

Jul 28th, 2011

Warm, professional doctor who took the time to answer all my questions during my consultation. I couldn't be happier with my breast reduction. Staff were very available before and after my surgery.

Terrible bedside manner, show details Terrible bedside manner,
Mar 13th, 2011

At the age of 19 I went to see Dr. Michaels for a breast reduction. Obviously, this is not a very comfortable experience to begin with and Dr. Micaels did nothing to try to put me at ease. I am 5'5", weigh 117lbs and have 32 DDD breasts. This is by no means normal. It causes me a great deal of back and neck pain, and limits my ability to exercise. Rather than showing me any empathy Dr. Michaels told me he thought that I should try to lose weight rather than have surgery. Considering that my BMI was around 19% and that is well within the normal weight for women my height, I felt this comment was entirely unnecessary and impolite. Not to mention that this stats qualified me to have the procedure done for fee by my health insurance company (who we all know don't approve any procedures that they can get out of). He then looked at my breasts with obvious disdain, shook his head and said if I "insisted" on going through with he it was sure I would be an A cup. This is entirely inaccurate. Overall, he made me so uncomfortable with his ability to be objective and professional that I cancelled the procedure and am using a different surgeon,who has told me he expects I will be a C cup.

by Besty Simmons on Mar 31st, 2010

caring doctor who listened to me. The surgical results were excellent