A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Basil Rigas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Basil Rigas is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rigas
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. Rigas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Basil Rigas, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Rigas graduated from University Of Athens. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Rigas has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Basil Rigas MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Basil Rigas practice?
- Dr. Basil Rigas has 2 office locations.
Dr. Basil Rigas practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: East Setauket, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Gastroenterologists.