A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Basil Rigas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Basil Rigas is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Basil Rigas, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Rigas graduated from University Of Athens. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Rigas has 6 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- Stony Brook University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Basil Rigas MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Basil Rigas practice?
- Dr. Basil Rigas has 1 office location.
Dr. Basil Rigas practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Gastroenterologists.