Dr. Basma Abu-Ashour MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Monroe, MI

January 25th, 2017
will not return
Child had been seen in emergency room. Tonsils swollen til throat nearly closed ER said there was scar tissue in throat. Dr dismissed issues and said child should return to school next day. Took child to ER again next day and has been scheduled to see Ear Nose and throat specialist.

January 2nd, 2014
thumbs down for Dr
things that I did not like is when I asked for my 16 year old daughters ADHD meds to be up to 10 milligrams she told me to take her to a psychiatrist and it is not New Years Eve not New Years Day but the day after and the office is not open also if you call for a refill you have to wait 24 hours before being able to pick up so I would not recommend this doctor

December 3rd, 2010
Dr.Abu has been our family peditrition for 8 years now. Both my son and daughter have recieved excellent care from her and her staff. They are very friendly and are great with kids. My kids look forward to seeing her and don't mind the doctors office unless there getting shots.

October 14th, 2010
Hmmmm
I am not impressed in the slightest. We waited an hour and 10 minutes after our wait time while walk-ins were taken in front of us. Is this really a pediatrician's office? There is no sign of it being a child friendly atmosphere. No one had name tags or even scrub coats on. The doctor talked over and did not listen to me or my daughter. This was an new patient intake appointment for my 5 month old grand daughter. And she gave the baby her stethoscope to play with- the same stethoscope that touches each of her patients, which of course ended up in the baby's mouth. No one had gloves on or washed their hands. Is this really the best that is available for low income patients? How disappointing.

August 2nd, 2010
Dr. Abu
She was great when my daughter was born, but she has gotten so busy in her office that she could record what she says and just let you play it to listen to what is wrong with your kid..the medical assistant dosn't wear gloves or wash her hands when giving shots either..