Dr. Bassam Awwa MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2016
Was Good for my Daughter
My daughter had an anxiety disorder as a teenager and Dr. Aawa was helpful in listening to her issues and trying medication after medication until together they found one that helped her. He was very understanding of her issues where previous doctors were not.

September 9th, 2016
Dr Bassam Awwa doesn't know to properly treat students; has been sued before

January 27th, 2016
Dr Awwa has been a very perfessional Dr to me. I started seeing him when my fiance passed away to understand how to deal with the lose of my love one at such a young age. He has taught me so much in how to deal with all the challenge's I have had to get thru.I would recommend Dr Awwa to anyone if they are looking for a Specialist. I know they will be in good hands.

July 4th, 2015
Best Mental Health Doctor Around!
I have been a patient of Dr. Awwa's for eight+ years. Under his care I have made leaps and bounds in managing my depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. My life has changed in every way for the better. He gave me the tools to self-regulate my symptoms not only with medications, but also with cognitive behavioral therapy. He is kind, not intimidating, and a wonderful listener! I actually look forward to seeing him each month. I know that he genuinely cares about me, not only as a patient, but as an individual. He & the staff know me by name. I don't feel like "a number" at CBH. I will continue to see him for my mental health needs. I will continue to recommend him to anyone needing Mental Health Services.

June 26th, 2015
Don't even waste your time. Dr. Awwa has no compassion, at all to be in a field where patients are relying on him to manage their medications. Dr. Awwa it's not prepared for my appt, which was a half hour late, he didn't even know why I was there and only read the hospital notes when I was in front of him. It's like going to a meeting un prepared! He has no clue on MG available and dosages. The office staff Is very young and do not have a clue of what's going on. Please consider going somewhere more credible and competent.

June 24th, 2015
Courteous and Kind
Dr. Awwa has always treated me with the utmost courtesy and respect. I look forward to seeing him a few times each year.

March 29th, 2015
Not just another doctor
I've been with Dr. Awwa since I was in middle school and he has helped my family and I through so much. Very shortly after starting to see him, I was put on a medication plan that dramatically improved my condition. Yes, other Doctors could've done that. But Awwa cares. With every new medication, he made sure I needed it. He asked at all of my appointments exactly what was going on with me. He asks me about my grades, my music, and my friends. He does this not only to collect information about what I need in my plan, but to make me feel safe. He cares. He referred me to one of the other staff members for therapy that helped me so much. This is a professional man who wants nothing but to make sure every patient is given the same fair chance to succeed. He didn't turn me into a "drugged up teen". He allowed me to become human. And I thank him for that.

August 24th, 2014
The best doctor ever

January 8th, 2014
BEST PSYCHIATRIST EVER!
I have been in this office (starting with a DIFFERENT psychiatrist) since 2001. I was very displeased with the first person that I saw, and needed to find someone for one of my sons to see, as it turned out he has Aspergers Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. Dr. Awwa was a savior to us both! He is kind and gentle and takes the time to find just the right medication to work for you. He involves you in your care and sincerely wants to know what your opinion is, since you are working as a team to help you get better. He NEVER rushes us out of he office, which also means the wait time to see him isn't optimal, but I'd rather wait a little longer and have a GOOD appointment than get right in to see a doctor who rushes me out without hearing what I have to tell him/her.

June 14th, 2013
Dr Awwa- The BEST around.
I began seeing Dr Awwa in 1994 when I was having a severe depressive episode with panic attacks and deep anxiety . While it took time to find the right anti-depressant Dr. Awwa always took the time to listen and act on my feed back. During the 19 years I've been his patient, he is always sympathetic and responsive. When needed he referred me to counselors for talk therapy. After a 5 or 6 years and three job changes he suggested I may have ADHD1 and suggested I try taking Adderall when I started my next job. I finally found work and started taking the medication. It was like someone opened the curtains and the sun steamed into my eyesight for the first time. My job was wonderful...the best work experience I'd ever had. I also began drawing, something I'd never done before. The results were pretty good, so I signed up for some drawing classes and continued on with classes in oil painting. To this day have a avocation which fills me with pride and happiness. None of this would have been possible without Dr Awwa's compassion, acumen and insights. Yes sometimes there's a wait to see him, but he's worth the waiting. He gives patients his full attention an appointment will take longer than expected. When you need the time, you know he'll be there. So thank you Dr Awwa, I'm living in Florida now and miss your care. I'm finding it hard to find anyone who comes close to the level of care you provided.

June 29th, 2012
he is the only dr that i would have for my daughter, he was caring, very understanding, and took the time to get to know her and if there was a problem with the meds he would get her right in and fix the problem.

May 20th, 2012
terrible dr
I can't believe this guy works with people with psychiatric issues. I was simply switching drs and needed a dr to simply continue my treatment. Dr awwa made a comment about how it made him question my intentions because I have switched drs so many times.(while handing me a drug test order form) I live on CT RI border and have moved between the two about 4 times since I was 16.. then he talked to me a total of ten minutes and told me I was bi polar and needed a mood stabilizer. I was simply there to continue my ADD and anxiety treatment. The side effects for the mood stabilizer was blister in eyes and mouth in some people. I simply ask him to wait and get my file (I have files from now back to 2005) he basicly told me every dr I had had over the years were wrong and he didn't need to see them.