Jan 27th, 2016

Dr Awwa has been a very perfessional Dr to me. I started seeing him when my fiance passed away to understand how to deal with the lose of my love one at such a young age. He has taught me so much in how to deal with all the challenge's I have had to get thru.I would recommend Dr Awwa to anyone if they are looking for a Specialist. I know they will be in good hands.

Best Mental Health Doctor Around! show details Best Mental Health Doctor Around!
by Alaina on Jul 4th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Awwa's for eight years. Under his care I have made leaps and bounds in managing my depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. My life has changed in every way for the better. He gave me the tools to self-regulate my symptoms not only with medications, but also with cognitive behavioral therapy. He is kind, not intimidating, and a wonderful listener! I actually look forward to seeing him each month. I know that he genuinely cares about me, not only as a patient, but as an individual. He & the staff know me by name. I don't feel like "a number" at CBH. I will continue to see him for my mental health needs. I will continue to recommend him to anyone needing Mental Health Services.

Jun 26th, 2015

Don't even waste your time. Dr. Awwa has no compassion, at all to be in a field where patients are relying on him to manage their medications. Dr. Awwa it's not prepared for my appt, which was a half hour late, he didn't even know why I was there and only read the hospital notes when I was in front of him. It's like going to a meeting un prepared! He has no clue on MG available and dosages. The office staff Is very young and do not have a clue of what's going on. Please consider going somewhere more credible and competent.

Courteous and Kind show details Courteous and Kind
Jun 24th, 2015

Dr. Awwa has always treated me with the utmost courtesy and respect. I look forward to seeing him a few times each year.

Not just another doctor show details Not just another doctor
Mar 28th, 2015

I've been with Dr. Awwa since I was in middle school and he has helped my family and I through so much. Very shortly after starting to see him, I was put on a medication plan that dramatically improved my condition. Yes, other Doctors could've done that. But Awwa cares. With every new medication, he made sure I needed it. He asked at all of my appointments exactly what was going on with me. He asks me about my grades, my music, and my friends. He does this not only to collect information about what I need in my plan, but to make me feel safe. He cares. He referred me to one of the other staff members for therapy that helped me so much. This is a professional man who wants nothing but to make sure every patient is given the same fair chance to succeed. He didn't turn me into a "drugged up teen". He allowed me to become human. And I thank him for that.

by John, B. on Aug 23rd, 2014

The best doctor ever

BEST PSYCHIATRIST EVER! show details BEST PSYCHIATRIST EVER!
by Gloria Williams on Jan 7th, 2014

I have been in this office (starting with a DIFFERENT psychiatrist) since 2001. I was very displeased with the first person that I saw, and needed to find someone for one of my sons to see, as it turned out he has Aspergers Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. Dr. Awwa was a savior to us both! He is kind and gentle and takes the time to find just the right medication to work for you. He involves you in your care and sincerely wants to know what your opinion is, since you are working as a team to help you get better. He NEVER rushes us out of he office, which also means the wait time to see him isn't optimal, but I'd rather wait a little longer and have a GOOD appointment than get right in to see a doctor who rushes me out without hearing what I have to tell him/her.

Dr Awwa- The BEST around. show details Dr Awwa- The BEST around.
by Constance Vernier on Jun 14th, 2013

I began seeing Dr Awwa in 1994 when I was having a severe depressive episode with panic attacks and deep anxiety . While it took time to find the right anti-depressant Dr. Awwa always took the time to listen and act on my feed back. During the 19 years I've been his patient, he is always sympathetic and responsive. When needed he referred me to counselors for talk therapy. After a 5 or 6 years and three job changes he suggested I may have ADHD1 and suggested I try taking Adderall when I started my next job. I finally found work and started taking the medication. It was like someone opened the curtains and the sun steamed into my eyesight for the first time. My job was wonderful...the best work experience I'd ever had. I also began drawing, something I'd never done before. The results were pretty good, so I signed up for some drawing classes and continued on with classes in oil painting. To this day have a avocation which fills me with pride and happiness. None of this would have been possible without Dr Awwa's compassion, acumen and insights. Yes sometimes there's a wait to see him, but he's worth the waiting. He gives patients his full attention an appointment will take longer than expected. When you need the time, you know he'll be there. So thank you Dr Awwa, I'm living in Florida now and miss your care. I'm finding it hard to find anyone who comes close to the level of care you provided.

Jun 29th, 2012

he is the only dr that i would have for my daughter, he was caring, very understanding, and took the time to get to know her and if there was a problem with the meds he would get her right in and fix the problem.

terrible dr show details terrible dr
May 19th, 2012

I can't believe this guy works with people with psychiatric issues. I was simply switching drs and needed a dr to simply continue my treatment. Dr awwa made a comment about how it made him question my intentions because I have switched drs so many times.(while handing me a drug test order form) I live on CT RI border and have moved between the two about 4 times since I was 16.. then he talked to me a total of ten minutes and told me I was bi polar and needed a mood stabilizer. I was simply there to continue my ADD and anxiety treatment. The side effects for the mood stabilizer was blister in eyes and mouth in some people. I simply ask him to wait and get my file (I have files from now back to 2005) he basicly told me every dr I had had over the years were wrong and he didn't need to see them.

Jan 17th, 2012

I was seen in both the new london and norwich office for over a year. After my last visit i finally decided to find a new dr. I find it absolutely ridiculous that you sit in the waiting room 5 times longer than the time your in with the dr. They take on way too many patients. Every time I called and left a message i would never get a call back. I tried being making my appointments at 8am when they opened so i would be the 1st patient seen and that didnt work because dr awwa was always late. On a bunch of occasions he came in at 845. I felt like he didnt actually listen to anything that came out of my mouth. He half listens and then gives u a prescription and sends you on your way. unless u have all the time in the world and dont mind if your dr listens to anything u have to say, find another dr.

unbelievable ...i cant' believe he has a license show details unbelievable ...i cant' believe he has a license
Jan 13th, 2012

very unprofessional. Never on time if you have a 9:00am appt. don't expect him to drive into the office parking lot in his hummer or mercedes til 9:45 if you're lucky. He prescribes meds like the're candy even if you don't need or want them. Seems like he puts people on suboxene just so they don't leave him.

Nov 15th, 2011

Amazing bedside manner. Sincerely cares about his patients. Has gone above and beyond in helping my family on multiple occasions!

Thumbs Up! show details Thumbs Up!
by Lois Arias on Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr Awwa is kind, compassionate and is well versed in the medications that his patients need. His therapists are wonderful.

smart doc show details smart doc
Sep 24th, 2011

i think he is very smart and has helped me a great deal with a terriable doctor who perscribed oycodone to me for years, until i was completely addicted, he is helping me get my life back. so who ever is posting this stuff about him is wrong.

Didn't mind the wait show details Didn't mind the wait
Nov 8th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Awwa after moving to a new city/state by the EAP counselor at my husband's job. I was bedridden prior to our move, unemployed and the transition has been difficult for my husband, son and myself.I was seeing an excellent psychiatrist and therapist in NJ for over two years. Obviously I was concerned about starting the process over.I was extremely pleased with Doctor Awwa. Although the wait tie was long, he spent at least a half hour getting to know me. I felt he was compassionate and I look forward to working with him and a therapist in his Stonington Office.

best doctor show details best doctor
Nov 4th, 2010

Dr. Awwa was very understanding and alawys gave me chances to get sobriety,if you wanna change and stay off drugs dr.awwa is the doctor to see.Suboxen works and its not a replacement like methadone,soif your sick and tiered of being sick and tiered then try suboxen and you will see that life can be possible with out drugs!!

Awesome Stonington Office show details Awesome Stonington Office
by slg56229@yahoo.com on Oct 30th, 2009

I see Dr. T and am very happy with my visits. AJ is very professional with a warm smile and a nice personality. Dr. Awwa is very experienced in helping people get better as we are sick people getting well, not bad people getting good.

$$$ show details $$$
Jul 17th, 2009

i seen this doctor for about a year and i wasnted alot of time and alot of money. he didnt care about my problems, just when he was getting his check. he wouldnt speak to me without first discussing payment options. he put me on a whole bunch of differnt meds and didnt even care how they effected me or if they even worked. i wouldnt recomend him to anybody, unless you somone cold and impersonal.

unprofessional show details unprofessional
Mar 6th, 2009

all about money this doctors is i was a pateint for 3 years and not once was i sent for bloodwork which is a must for the medication he was giving me at the end he wanted to go from 100 dollars a month to 440 dollars a month unethical unprofessional not a good doctor