Dr. Bassam El-Borno MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Lancaster, PA

December 14th, 2016
Terrible
I've been in therapy and on medication since I was 15 and this has been the only doctor to insult me and have absolutely no idea how to treat my problems.

May 23rd, 2016
All the same, great Doc, intense attention from.
I have been with the Doc, for about 6 years, and we have quite a bond...yes, sometimes we argue, I happen to know a good bit about drugs,lol, but we respect each other. He is a good Dr. Don't lose him, if u can be his patient.😀I don't like the answering service, if I would change 1 thing, Doc, hire a girl in your office, just for that purpose. Who is a registered nurse, can make a lot of the decisions, based on the records, entered in computer? Take weight off you. Be kind to you and us.:)

July 25th, 2015
We have had our ups and Downs.
I am 30 years old now. I started seeing Dr. B around the age of 15. I respect the man. I think he is the most remarkable Doctor I have ever seen. He has helped me through good times and bad. It's been about 4 years since I have seen him last. I would love to have him treat me again but unfortunately I just don't know if he will take me back as a patient. There were times that I was rude to him and not nice at all. Maybe it had to do with my age at that time or perhaps just taking my stresssers out on the wrong person. Anyway, I still recommend people to give him a try. Best doc hands down. He is very thorough, intelligent, straight forward / direct with his patients ,and goes out of his way to try to resolve "unusual" issues you may be experiencing. Anyway, I highly recommend him. He knows his stuff. I think I may have to call him and see if he will except me back as a patient. I've definitely matured since we had our falling out and Family Doctors try their best with mental health but let's face it, nothing compares to a Dr. that is fully trained in the field and actually reads the DSM! End rant haha.

July 4th, 2015
A Life Changer. " AWESOME DOCTOR " !!! Two Thumbs ups ! :) :) :)
My family has been seen by Dr. El-Borno for over a year now. Words can not describe how lucky we are to have found not just a doctor but a professional friend & caregiver that goes the extra mile where most do not. Today with most psychiatric visits you see two doctors. One for stabilizing medicine & the other for describing what problems exist and what needs to be corrected within each family. With Dr. EL-Borno there is no gap. It's a direct approach that we should have never gotten away from. This makes him an exceptional and unique doctor as he knows everything that is going on with each patient. Before you get caught up in a team of doctor's for profit, I promise you he will do all he can to change your life and everyone you love for the better. Thank you so much Dr. Borno for changing our life & making it whole again.

June 7th, 2015
This is the kind of care all doctors should strive to achieve.
I along with my mother have been patients of the Dr. for around five years now. There has never been a more thoughtful, concerned and giving doctor ever. When I lost my job and wasn't able to pay for my visits he told me that he would personally cover the costs until I found work. That sort of personalize care for patients is unheard of, and his 'bedside manner' is incredible. It's simply a pleasure to have a visit there. I wouldn't change doctors for my life. This man is one of those people who truly cares and I am lucky to have found him. Can't stress enough how much I've improved in his care.

May 25th, 2015
My family has been seen by Dr. El-Borno for a year now. I would highly recommend him as a doctor. He has helped us in many ways. He has a very caring nature not only with my family but everyone I've ever seen him interact with. I truly believe he has a heart of gold and is in this profession to help everyone he treats. Usually with Psychiatrists you only see them to have medications prescribed, however, with him, you see him for everything each and every time which is very rare. We are truly blessed to have met him.

March 5th, 2015
Proceed with Caution
Ask questions. Be wary if he minimizes your concerns. He is disarming. Proceed with caution.
Doctor's Response

Now, although your supposed concern for others may indeed be suspect here, your suggestion that consumers educate themselves is worth noting. Likewise, one must refrain from relying on Dr. "Google" as the definitive source, as then proper education will feel like minimization, if not disarming altogether.

February 19th, 2015
A One in a Million Doctor
Dr Borno is a brilliant diagnostician who is equally adept at treatment. He has been a lifesaver to me. Over the past 15 years, he has successfully treated numerous members of my family. His wisdom and many skills provide me security in the knowledge that he is a physician in whom I may trust. I highly recommend him. He has truly been a gift to our family.
Doctor's Response

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to offer your views. It has been a privilege caring for you and those you love and I am truly honored by your confidence over the years.

August 7th, 2014
Wonderful doctor
I have been cared for by this Dr. since I was 8 years old. I am now a month shy of 30. I still am seen by Dr. Borno along with my parents. We love him! I refused several times to see other doctors. I know he is the best for my personal issues. He's very caring and incentive on my health. He has been prescribing my parents and I medication for years and has been extremely benifical to our health and well being. I would and have recommended him to anyone. I've never felt anything negative. He makes me feel safe and secure. I will not be going to anyone else. He is not only my Dr. he is family. He took the time to watch me grow and get to know my family and I over the years to best treat my issues. I feel that's the best way to give an accurate diagnosis and be able to accurately diagnose a problem. Get to know the person. Over 20 years of great service I've revived along with my family.
Doctor's Response

It's been an absolute privilege watching you grow over the decades and bear witness to how wonderful a person you turned out to be. Rest assured that it has always been your own astounding courage and assiduous effort, as well as that of your parents, that culminated in such a notable adult as yourself. Nevertheless, thank you kindly for your generous appreciation.

August 7th, 2014
A Godsend!
It has been 10+ years with Dr. El Borno, and I shudder to think where we would be without him. He has been very patient, available and calming when things were not so good. He promised us he would be there and he has been! Never giving up hope when we just about did. Now we have a very productive 22 year old who is always smiling. Believe me I had doubts! He is also there for the whole family, not just the patient. That is very important. Mental illness effects all members of the household. I would recommend him to anyone. We were blessed to find him an hope he is practicing for a very long time.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking the time and putting forth the effort to provide such a kind review. I too feel "blessed" to have watched your child grow and blossom and I look forward to being there for years to come.

August 4th, 2014
Caring, Professional & Effective
Dr. el-Borno has been my psychiatrist for nearly 13 years, which is longer than I've ever been with any doctor in any field. I have found him to, first of all, be a very careful listener to my mental health concerns, both for my own and my children. I have three adopted special needs children who, over the years, have required his assistance from time to time. He made me feel, at all times, to be an integral part of the treatment team. I never felt diminished or petty in my concerns. If it was a concern of mine, it was also a concern of his. One of my children has needs that are, at times, severe. For that reason, the school district asked me to have her seen by the largest mental health hospital in our region. After nearly a year of not being heard, feeling like I wasn't a part of the treatment plan, having multiple medication changes, and being seen by a team of five professionals (with no positive results), I finally fired the team and took my child to Dr. el-Borno. Within a month, he had her off of a cocktail of medications and on only two new medications. And within a week, my little girl was back. It has been eight months since she has seen him for these issues (and they were severe), and she has not regressed at all. He's a godsend to our family! For my own mental health needs, which fluctuate widely and somewhat regularly, I have always felt I could come to Dr. el-Borno without embarrassment, and be honest about what I was feeling. He always gives what I am saying and feeling his full attention and he is sure to explain in a clear fashion how to take the medication(s) he is prescribing. He is also prompt in returning phone calls, no matter how important. I recently told Dr. el-Borno that I am sure and completely without a doubt, that without his care to my mental health needs, I don't believe I would be here today. I can't even imagine dealing with the psychiatric needs of my children and myself without him!
Doctor's Response

Thank you kindly for providing such a warm and heartfelt endorsement. In reply, I can only add that regardless of the care provided over the years, always remember that it has been your own inner Strength and Courage that have seen you through, and it is for these principle reasons that you're here today. You've truly been a wonderful mother and I know that your family is fortunate to have you in their lives every day. I hope to always be there whenever you're in need. With much appreciation and gratitude.

July 31st, 2014
Best Doctor I've Seen (out of quite a few)
Dr. El-Borno does not act like he has the right to treat his patients as if he is "better" than them simply because of his doctorate, unlike most doctors I've seen. He is humble, yet confident in what he knows; he has the ability to joke around like nobody's business, and always leaves me feeling cheerful and sure of what he says as the complete and utter truth, whether I'd like the truth or not. Lastly, I can easily say that he does know what he's doing and saying because I have done my fair share of medical research (as he knows), and unlike most doctors, he is genuinely up-to-date on social and official medical/prescription based topics.
Doctor's Response

Thank you kindly for your endorsement and especially that it is offered by someone as remarkably mature and well educated as yourself. I look forward to continuing our collaborative effort at further enhancing your overall sense of wellbeing. With much appreciation and humility.