Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  Avoid, money hungry  |  show details
by Amy on Dec 4th, 2013

Terrible doctor, had to wait over 60 minutes after scheduled appointment time. After initial visit he had me do a CT scan when he already had my new MRI. Then saw him again and had to wait an extra 55 minutes past my appointment time. First visit he was nice and the second he wasn't. He then said he could not help me because I had medicaid and he didn't notice my insurance on our first visit. He then pawned me off on a pain doc in his practice that basically booted me because he couldn't write for my meds. The whole process took over six months and I,m still in pain with no help. Avoid him, just wants money and doesn't want to help the less fortunate

|  Dr. Bassam Hadi,M.D.  |  show details
by L. J. on Oct 26th, 2013 on doctor.com

Dr.Bassam Hadi,M.D. was available upon my occurrency. My Neck X-Ray showed major damage of broken bones. I needed immediate attention; surgery. Dr. Ha ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  Very nice and knowledgeable  |  show details
by J.S. on Mar 1st, 2013

My experience with this surgeon was very nice. I went to him for a second opinion after my original doctor told me I would need surgery right away. This was a shock to me so I went to Dr. Hadi for another opinion. He suggested I get steroid injections and physical therapy before anything invasive. I have had a several injections since then and I feel much better. I am happy I was given more choices that could improve my pain, other than surgery.

|  Great results  |  show details
by M.C. Edwards on Feb 19th, 2013

Dr. Hadi did surgery on me this summer and I am now pain free. I was debilitated, unable to work or function. My primary doctor recommended him and scheduled my consult. The office busy but pleasant and all my questions were answered. My surgery was scheduled without complication and everything worked out perfectly. I am very happy with my results and would let him operate on me again or my family.

|  STAY CLEAR OF THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2012

I have visited Dr. Hadi in the office on three separate occasions and every visit I waited for 1 1/2 hours. I was NOT HAPPY waiting so long but I understand that he is a busy doctor. During my first visit he seemed like a nice gentleman somewhat demanding but nice, but his office seemed quite hectic, confused and everything was in disarray. I initially made a minor complaint to his office manager and she was quite rude. I discussed this with him and he assured me this would not happen again. He brought the office manager into the room and scolded her in front of me and demanded that she apologize. I then felt really bad for her and I was quite embarrassed. After my first office visit he said that I needed to have surgery. I scheduled the proposed operation on 3 separate occasions. He cancelled my first two surgeries without a good reason. On my last attempt for surgery I walked out. He was running behind schedule I presumed as my case was already the usual 1 hours late. He then came to tell me he was going to cancel my case again because he wasnt sure what he needed to do. My family and I were of course concerned but at that point we had already agreed that we would go somewhere else because we just didnt feel confident with him. He then returned 15 minutes later and changed his mind and said he was going to do my surgery. We talked to him and told him of our concerns and told him that we wanted a second opinion. He disagreed with us and assured me I needed my surgery, nevertheless he promptly brought his partner in to speak to us who apparently without my knowledge or consent was going to do my surgery with him. Dr Khan reviewed my MRI and then came back and told me that in his opinion I did not need surgery. At that point Dr. Hadi and his partner ensued quite a vivid discussion/argument regarding my case and both seemed upset with each other. Shortly thereafter the anesthesiologist that was going to do the case stated this often happens and I should have a different doctor do my surgery. My family and I reached a point of extreme concern regarding his care and we packed our bags and left the hospital never returning to his office again. I have nothing but the upmost respect for Dr. Hadi, but I just dont feel confident regarding his knowledge and skills. Specifically, after reading the bad reviews here on this website; some reviews were good and others were very bad. Not really sure what to think regarding the reviews but what I can say you should trust your gut. Since this debacle I have seeked three different opinions and all agreed that I should not have surgery. For all persons reading my review please do yourself a favor and thoroughly research you doctors and get different opinions. Remember, this is your life and you will have to live with your consequences. Dr Hadi is a very nice doctor but according to the information I have gathered regarding my case and care I would NOT RECOMMEND him to anyone ever gain. I just dont feel confident with his decisions and apparently neither does his partner!

|  Abusive  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

Treated me like an addict after he botched my neck surgery. Had complications and continue to suffer. Can't wait for health care reform - doctors paid for positive outcomes. This guy will have to go on food stamps.

|  He is a fraud  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Overall I have to say this is the worst doc I have ever been to. Waited in his office for 1 and 1/2 hours. Finally saw him while he was yelling at his staff. Cnvinced me I need a fusion and didnt listen to my pain doc who said I shouldnt have it. Did fusion and now Im worse than before. He pawned me off on the pain doc who sent me to another surgeon. The othe surgeon said I never had a fusion. I dont know whts uo with this guy hadi but he gave me the run around for over 1 year, made me worse and now i need another fusion at te same level which he supposedly fused.

|  DON'T TRUST THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Money hungry! billed me 500 dollars for a consultation visit and then turned me away because i didn't have insurance and he feared not getting all his money. That was 3 years ago and now I am barely walking due to nerve damage that could have been corrected with earlier surgery. This guy just sent me to Pain Management. the end.

|  Dr. Hadi...  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. Hadi did my fossa decompression/laminectomy C-1 in 2008...I'm very thankful he was knowledgeable of my condition (Chiari Malformation) and made me feel comfortable. Overall, I was/am thrilled with the results..

|  BYE BYE BACK PAIN  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

I fractured a vertebra and Dr. Hadi immediately recommended kyphoplasty. Even as an RN, I had not heard of the procedure; but it was amazing. I still sing is praises for the relief of the pain.

|  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

very skilled and practices evidenced based medicine. He will only offer surgery as a option if he feels it is the strongest chance for cure or improvement.

|  show details
Mar 6th, 2010

Homophobe

|  Dan Price R.N.  |  show details
by Dan Price R.N. on Jun 28th, 2009

Dr Hadi, Has teriffic patient outcomes,He has personally worked on my mother and friends,He is an excellent surgeon and I recommend him to anyone suffering back problems that need surgery.Thanks Dr Hadi for excellent patient care and outcomes.

|  The best choice for me!  |  show details
by Mahotah Bailey on Jan 21st, 2009

After my back surgery and returning home, I had follow up phone calls from the staff. That was a first ever from any medical facility. I was very pleased with the speed of my recovery and am grateful to Dr. Hadi for his professionalism as well as the entire staff at the Marshall Nemar Pavillion. I highly recommend this doctor!

|  neck surgery  |  show details
by richard jones on Dec 30th, 2008

no complaints, couldn't ask for anything to go better. everything went great.