A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. BASSAM OMAR:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. BASSAM OMAR is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. BASSAM OMAR, MD, PHD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart DiseaseCardiac Intensive Care
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. OMAR graduated from American University Of Beirut. He has 1 awards.
Dr. OMAR has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Infirmary West
- USA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. OMAR accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 12 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 5 plans