Dr. Bassam Shamma MD Patient Reviews

January 7th, 2016
dr shamma is by far the worst

October 20th, 2015
Excellent physician
He is the best. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is confident, very professional and trustful. Highly recommended.

March 20th, 2013
Awesome doctor!!
I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!! I had complications during the end of my pregnancy and had to deliver 3.5 weeks early, he and his staff were incredible!!

February 21st, 2013
Fantastic, very impressive
Dr. Shamma is great. His office is in Thomas Memorial. For those who have negative comments, I'm guessing you are referring to the other Dr. Shamma who is also an OB GYN. Our first visit he spent an hour and a half with us. You always see him, not someone else. He does his own ultrasounds and is extremely thorough. He was very in tune to our needs, and cared about our questions and concerns. My husband really likes him also.

January 20th, 2013
He is awesome !!!
There wasn't anything I disliked about Dr. Shamma's office. He is awesome along with the nurse & receptionist. I never had to wait & really liked that I seen Dr. Shamma every single appointment. He is very thorough & knows exactly what he is doing. I would recommend him to everyone. He was great delivering our big baby boy as well. I will not use another doctor besides him.

December 1st, 2011
Wonderful doctor!
I was referred to Dr. Shamma by another wonderful doctor, Dr.Betty Goad when I became pregnant. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the quality of care that he is providing. He listens and adresses our concerns and shows excitement for my pregnancy. My husband and I are blessed to have such an amazing doctor! I would recommend Dr. Shamma to anyone! I dont understand the negative comments on this page. There has to be more to the story than what is being posted. It's terrible to write negative things about a professional without sharing the whole story. People should attempt to destroy others reputations without fairly stating all facts.

June 13th, 2011
Great OB/GYN
I have been seeing Dr. Shamma now for over 5 years. I was referred to him from my previous OB/GYN who was no longer delivering. I had a very hard time with pregnancy. I have had several problems conceiving. Dr. Shamma was very helpful when it came to my previous conceiving issues. He was always available whenever I needed him. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to be brought back to the examining room. He takes his time with me and does not make me feel rushed. I would recommend him to anyone is need of an excellent OB/GYN.

April 5th, 2011
Thorough and timely examination, testing, surgery
I was referred to Dr. Shamma by another OBGYN for a diVinci type surgery. I found Dr. Shamma to be very thorough and timely in determining what was going on in my situation. He did the ultra sounds himself and not a PA. I was pleased with the tests ordered to further determine the status of my situation. He explained clearly to my husband and myself my situation, his finding, our options, surgery plans and no pressure. My condition was as he had suspected and was corrected. He doesnt overbook patients and than is very much appreicated.

February 12th, 2011
Haven't given birth yet and very nervous!
was recommended Dr. Shamma from Thomas Hospital after finding out I was pregnant. We chose him, because we could not get ahold of the doctor recommended from family. First visit went great, but second I waited in the lobby longer than he had me in the back. I felt rushed. then third visit it was like he ignored me. The only thing I can ever remember him commenting to me about was my weight. "Apparently I needed to stop eating gravy!" Although I haven't gained weight and lost some he still tells me I should lose more. I always have these questions I want to ask, but every visit is so rushed that I forget. I will admit since I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, he has been more attentive. I hear some people say he is great, but I don't know. The only reason why I haven't changed yet is because my husband says he thinks he just don't have people skills and push comes to shove in the end will prove to be a good doctor. I hope he is correct!!!!

May 20th, 2009
Hes a poor doctor
He lies after sergury saying everything was easy and smooth then tells me 2 days later he had problums removing everythig. i was the hardest people hes had removing linning ect.

March 9th, 2009
Great Doctor
Know His Job, and Works Well In Emergencies.