Dr. Bassem Elhassan Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Bassem Elhassan?

Best shoulder surgeon!!

Posted on October 8th, 2017

After four failed attempts to fix my shoulder I was referred to Dr. Elhassan. This man worked his magic with my shoulder. I haven’t felt this good in over three years! If you have shoulder problems...you need to see Dr. Elhassan!!

Best surgeon ever

Posted on July 13th, 2017

when all doors closed in my face because of my very difficult shoulder problem and essentially lost hope of using my shoulder again I found this incredible surgeon Dr. Elhassan who was amazing in every way possible. He reviewed my file examined me and then in a calm and confident attitude and smiling face he told me: I think I can help you. I was shocked and didn't know how to react and what to expect but had an immediate warm feeling of trust about this great man. He performed big surgery on my shoulder and put me in a cast and kept following me up closely and by around 5 months after surgery I was able to lift my arm above my head which I couldn't do for 7 years. And I still do feel little improvements in my shoulder every day. If I could I would go to every TV and radio and say specifically to those who got to a point of losing hope Like me, not to lose hope before seeing him because I'm confident he can find a way to help anyone who knocks on his door.

Amazing

Posted on December 29th, 2016

sincerely he is the most amazing person and surgeon I have ever met. I trust him fully. He operated on my son. After 7 years with 11 surgeries to try to restore his elbow motion , he performed on him a new procedure that he created and after two months from surgery my son was able to move his elbow. Neither me or him could believe it. It was a true miracle. I wish everyone who is not getting the help they need for their arm to go to him because I'm sure he can do what no one else can do.

Incredible surgeon

Posted on December 17th, 2016

He's the best

Posted on August 30th, 2016

Everything all these other people said and more!!! He did a triple tendon transfer(his own surgical procedure) on me to fix the atrophy and trapezoial palsy I developed. He's a miracle maker!

A true doctor/surgeon that we miss having these days

Posted on December 24th, 2015

I don't know where to start and what to say because I am speechless when it comes to talk about this incredible doctor. He treated my daughter who has very complex soft tissue disorder with extreme care and passion. He improved her function and symptoms in a way neither her nor anyone in our family believed it was even possible. I fly with her on interval basis from Alaska to have our follow-up with him. I am willing to go to the moon to make sure he will continue taking care of my daughter because he is a rare unique wonderful physician and human that in my opinion is rare to find these days.

Please review

Posted on November 9th, 2015

Not sure on follow up yet . But I had four surgions tell me my shoulder was u fixable and could not even attach a artifitail shoulder do to all the atrophy ,my cartledge was gone and degenerative bone disease . Also every tendon in my shoulder was torn - shredded including my bicep and bicep head I suffered in so much pain for so long ! When I met Dr Elhassan I cried when he said he things he could help me . He took my lameness dorcey from my back to do allot of the tendon transplants . I'm 43 , he has never seen a shoulder that was as bad as mine especially at my age - I forgot to add I also had NO rotator cuff left at all . Arm is in a half body cast for 8 weeks can't shower this thing can not come off for 8?weeks I kept tensing my shoulder and found myself using my have a little today . I lay here in so much pain praying that slight accidental movements of my shoulder could ruin what he repairs I'm so worried this is my only chance it's hard to not protect And tighten up a shoulder that hurst for years I don't always have help so could I mess up the surgery by trying to do my pen brace ... This surgion is amazing and I want him to take a look at both elbows nd at lease one arm I suffer with carpel tunnel idk why all my the tendons tear someday I would love an answer but right now I'm so greatful I found this surgion and he is so good I belive he can help fox the rest of me !! I have high hopes and faith this dr may be able to change my life in the better ! Thank you

Incredible

Posted on September 15th, 2015

I got the name of Dr. Elhassan from a surgeon friend after I have been dealing with significant shoulder problem that failed 3 prior surgeries. I was told if he couldn't fix me then no one else could. So I went to him though didn't have positive expectations. When I saw him first I felt that he looked much younger than someone with his good reputation. He had smile on his face all the time and after he reviewed my documents asked me relevant questions and examined me, he told me: I beleive I can help you and then he told me what was my problem that has been missed before. Apparently had problem with the functioning muscles around the scapula that nobody has mentioned it to me before. I felt very comfortable with him and decided to sign up for surgery because he was very confident and appeared to know what he was doing and talking about. I got excited that my pain and function might finally improve. Surgery took only an hour and half and after 6 weeks of wearing a sling and additional 4 weeks of rehabilitation my shoulder felt the best ever after close to 5 years of struggle. I'm so happy and fortunate that I ended up with Dr. Elhassan. He helped me get my life back and I can't thank him enough. I absolutely recommend him to everyone.

Amazing Doctor

Posted on March 27th, 2015

Absolutely amazing doctor. Very compassionate, respectful, out-of-the box thinker with complicated cases. He's the best.

True miracle maker

Posted on March 20th, 2015

I never thought I would ever write a review about anyone on the web but this one I have to do it because it is the least thing I can ever do to express my utmost gratitude to dr. Elhassan. I'm in my mid 50s and have been struggling with my right arm since I was young because I had polio. With time I essentially lost close to fully my shoulder function. In addition the pain was getting worse. I have traveled around the world: Switzerland, Australia, Germany,France, Italy seeking help but everyone was telling me to live with it because nothing can be done to help me. Then I went to Spain because I read about a surgeon who deals with cases like mine. I was very happy I met him because he was knowledgeable and nice and honest. His exact words were:" the only person who I'm aware of who could potentially helps you is Elhassan who works at the Mayo clinic. I have read about him, saw some of his cases and attended one of his lectures...he does amazing work around the shoulder that I haven't seen anyone else do....". So I get excited that there's still hope. Through the help of my family and friends I was able to go to Mayo and meet Dr. Elhassan. May be I was biased after what I heard about him but from the way he interviewed me and the way he examined me I felt he was so confident and he knew about my case much more than any other doctor who saw me in the past. Then he looked at my imaging and smiled. And then he said: I think I can help you. I couldn't beleive it. So I asked him what was his plan. He said that I had only one muscle around my shoulder which still has good function. He was going to move it to replace my lost muscles and replace my shoulder with an implant called reverse shoulder implant. Without thinking much i signed up for the surgery and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. After 8 weeks of being immobilized in a brace, the minute he took the brace off I was able to lift my hand above my head. I started to cry from happiness and couldn't stop crying for a while and I hugged him and kept on saying: this is miracle this is a miracle thank God for you Dr. Elhassan... And since the time of surgery which was almost 8 months I keep on improving every day. I want to tell anyone who reads this, that if they have major problem in their shoulder and arm and no one can solve it, not to lose hope because this miracle maker may have a solution for them.

Posted on March 16th, 2015

Absolutely amazing. I recommend him to everyone

Posted on February 14th, 2015

So kind... Very professional... Highly recommend...