Dr. Basti Thampoe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.7

no change

June 12th, 2016
Avoid!!! Rude doctor!
Horrible bedside manner. Rude and condescending. Would not recommend to anyone.

December 15th, 2015
Dr. Thampoe was the doctor at Methodist West when I was there recently. He was professional and personable. He went out of his way to be helpful as a doctor, and as a friend. My family and I were all impressed and happy with his service to us.

October 23rd, 2015
Horrible!
Thampoe was condescending, said he worked 15 hours a day, and we needed to trust him (he was about to leave for Sri Lanka for 2 weeks the very next day). Was supposed to have done a referral consult for my husband to see a specialist, but never did. Scheduled a procedure without our consent that turned out to be a waste of time, as my husband still had pneumonia and couldn't have anesthesia without being intubated, so we declined. Also, the transport to that other hospital to do so resulted in my husband picking up more germs and is getting worse now. Avoid this doctor like the plague or you will end up with it!

March 10th, 2015
Quack
Horrible bedside manner, condescendingly rude person. It's obvious he's become a slave to the hospital and is only driven to meet "test and procedure" quotas to drive up revenue. Dr. Thampoe threatened to terminate my care in the middle of a hospital stay for refusing extrenous blood tests. Basti also yelled at me and argued that he had been to medical school and was always correct. I would never recommend this quack.