Dr. Beatriz Olson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Beatriz Olson?

January 30th, 2015

Disappointed

I had great hopes for my appointment and was taken aback by her abruptness, almost rude manner. She asked good questions but her personality was so off putting I will not go back.

June 4th, 2013

Dr. Olsen didn't take my symptoms seriously and I ended up in the hospital 2x. She also altered my records.

I saw her for a lump in my thyroid. It turned out to be thyroid cancer. After surgery I had a hard time getting my TSH stable and Dr. Olsen perscribed a high dose of cytomel and it caused horrible side effects. I was then told to take a high dose of synthroid and I called her office saying I didn't feel well and was told to go outside and paint. I ended up in the hospital with severe hypothroidism. I then swung in the opposite direction and ended up with an undetectable TSH and ended up in the hospital again. There was no follow up from Dr. Olsen. I also found my records had been altered in her file to include notes that she had changed my medication, called me etc... and these notes were not in the original files faxed to my primary care physician. I believe switching to my doctor at Yale saved my life. She was condescending and a bully.

March 29th, 2010

55 y.o. former critical care nurse

Dr. Olson is an incredible find, even though she doesn't take insurance! After I compained up and down to the lovely desk lady about having to pay $300 even if I didn't need a thyroid ultrasound, Dr. olson ushered me in 15 minutes early and spent 90 minutes with me. She really listened, took copious notes, she answered all my questions and did an amazingly thorough physical examination. In spite of the fact that I had had thyroid ultrasounds in 2009 and 2006, Dr. Olson repeated it and found a calcified nodule and lymph node that the other ultrasounds hadn't found. As a result, I will be biopsied at Yale tomorrow. She couldn't have been more caring, nicer or more competent and I know because I've been through so many "doctors" it makes me ill to think of it. I went to her because I was tired of having to be my own physician because of the deplorable state of medicine and doctors in this country. Believe me, she knows her stuff! This is certianly the best $300 I have ever spent on a doctor.

May 5th, 2008