Dr. Bedros Kojian MD Patient Reviews

• 10 reviews

June 6th, 2016
Mediocre
I went to see him for a second opinion regarding an endometriosis diagnoses. He thoroughly examined me even though I was menstruating, then got records transferred from my other physician, who had already ordered & got the results back from an ultrasound & a Ca125. After receiving those, he called himself, which was nice, but which wasn't was that he wanted me to get both tests done again? I refused because having a medical background myself, knew that was unnecessary. I think I must've offended him because when I told him that the Radiologist & my other Doctor confirmed an endometriosis diagnosis, he told me he wasn't comfortable performing surgery on that condition due to the massive amount of adhesions that are likely present in the abdomen. I respect that! I decided to keep him as my doctor to do annual paps because he's so close to my home & made a couple appointments with him to do that but had to cancel because each time the appointment came up, I was menstruating.. Endometriosis. When I tried to make a third, I was informed I had been fired as a patient because of those cancellations. Hmmm.. That's fine. He's competent but he's an old man who, no doubt, will be retiring or kicking the bucket soon so I figured I was better off. On the bright side, his staff is wonderful; very polite & competent.

March 1st, 2015
He's a good kid.
I was referred to him via my PCP's office. I received a list of OBGYNs in my network but one of the nurses highlighted his name. The other nurses and receptionists were being nosy and asked about the recommendation and they ALL were giddy over Dr. K. Average wait time is about 20 minutes, but I was also told by both his receptionists and nurses that this will be the case. He is busy...which is good. He is high in demand. He also will take as much time as needed to speak with his patients. Ladies, we need to be patient NOW...if we can't be, then motherhood will be that much harder. I will take a short wait and a Doctor who will treat me with respect and share their knowledge with me over someone who cuts it short to make sure he can fit in his next appointment. Maybe scheduling is a problem...but no one is perfect, and no business is perfect. It's a sacrifice I am willing to wait. The receptionists are also the sweetest ladies ever. They keep in touch with you as you wait and take the time to share resources with you. He is also very willing to listen to the desires of the family and is experienced in various methods of child birth. I think he understands that following the mothers desires will create minimal stress and will allow open dialogue if circumstances change and require a change in birth plan.

September 17th, 2013
Rude
Initial visit doc was approx 45 min behind but appeared knowledgable & experienced, next visit his receptionist was rude, incompetent & wait was over 1 hour, last visit same rude, incompetent reception but upon politely mentioning to doc he defended her & became rude & condescending himself diminishing situation thus felt maltreated & disrespected. Will not return, can get better treatment from different md

February 22nd, 2013
Dr. Kojian and his staff rocks!!!!!
Dr .Kojian is an awesome Doctor! he has delivered two of my 4 children.He is the best Ob bye far, He has also taken care of other female issues/surgery's for me.he has the best bedside manner as well. I would recommend him to everyone.Im glad the nurses at CHOC recommended him to me (=

November 13th, 2012
He's the one
So glad I found dr kojian. He is great.

July 30th, 2012
Dareen
Am a picky person and I found dr kojan excellent ! Friendly ,professional and caring ...i had a c section and everything went very smooth ...Thank uu dr

December 21st, 2011
Dr Kojian is a miracle worker
I have a very complicated pelvic region due to numerous colorectal surgeries. I was post menopause but having severe issues. He was confident he could do a vaginal hyster when other surgeons said they wouldn't risk it. I was desparate as I have severe pain and other symptoms but couldn't take hormones. He is on time for appts - except if he has an emergency at the hosp. I would gladly wait for him. He literally RUNS from his office to hospital and back. He'll followup at home and return any message directly. I had ZERO complications and am pain free and now can take hormones. I owe Dr Kojian so much. If you feel helpless, he will provide help. If you feel hopeless, he provides hope!

August 19th, 2010
Alba
I love Dr. Kojian and his staff. He is very caring and gentle and is great at answering questions and putating you at ease whenever you have any concerns. He goes to Armenia, his Motherland, every year to do probono work for less fortunate women there and delivers babies as well. He is truly an angel and became a doctor for the right reasons. He saved my mothers life 20 years ago when he diagnosed her with cancer and I'm proud that he is now my doctor. He's the best!

December 24th, 2009
Great Doctor!
Highly recommend him. I went to another Gyn when my insurance would cover him and I did everything possible to get back on a different plan that covers him. Can't imagine seeing a another doc. Been with him for 15 years! Love you Dr. Kojian!

September 6th, 2009
- Waiting room wait time is around 30 min.- Patients are given an appointment every 15 min, so even if you are on time, you are 2-3 people behind.- One of the nurses is always moody.- No routine ultrasound on your first appointment to determine how far along you are.