Infectious Disease Doctors
71 W 156th St
Ste 304
Harvey, IL 60426
708-333-3113
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Bad experience  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2014

My husband was in the hospital. This doctor was called in as a consult. He put him on an antibiotic that he had become allergic to a few days earlier. Obviously he didn't read the charts. He diagnosed him with a deadly disease, which in fact was absolutely wrong. He sent him home with the scripts, we had them filled, started giving them to my husband, his whole body turned red, we took him to a dermatologist, where it was discovered that this poor excuse for a doctor, prescribed the allergen. The dermatologist took him off it immediately, and also said the diagnosis from the doctor was incorrect. He is now well on the road to recovery. Thank God we took him elsewhere. The board of Ingalls hospital will be told of this, along with the attorney general of the state of Illinois. Upon meeting him, I found him arrogant and abrasive.

Sep 4th, 2012

Having been a patient of Dr. Zakhireh for almost 20 years, I can attest to his exceptionally thorough and immediate concern. He totally commits to providing the best medical diagnoses and treatments for his patients' complete health regimens. Assisting Dr. Zakhireh is an office staff of knowledgeable, efficient, effective and concerned professionals. Thank you, "Dr. B.Z."

|  The Best  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I didn't know physicians like Dr. Zakhireh existed anymore. Bull's eye diagnosis, thorough, caring, patient and taking REAL time to explain EVERYTHING. He educated me in my own care which has helped me with my recovery.I wish more doctors were like him. A true gem of a doctor.

|  YOU CALL THIS MAN A DOCTOR???  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

I have never met a more unprofessional doctor in my entire life! My father has been in the hospital for 16 days so far with pneumonia and kidney failure. This doctor's associate (who we love) has been taking care of my father since he has been in the hospital. This man who has never seen my father came in to talk about his pneumonia. My father was complaining of belly pain and this man tapped on his stomach a few times and says that he has a distended bladder and he needs a catheter immediately to relieve the pressure. I said, right away that I don't think he needs this because he is finally urinating because the kidneys are starting to come back. I then asked him to check the CT scan before he puts in the catheter. He argued with me that they only took a scan of his chest, where I said NO they took it of his belly because of this pain. He stormed out of my dad's room ordered two nurses to put in the catheter. These were not even his regular nurses. My dad's nurse walks in because I tracked her down. She could not believe he was doing this as well. The nurses put in the catheter and then my dad's nurse does the bladder scan and says that his bladder is empty. If he needed a catheter the bag would have been full and it wasn't. Two minutes later this horrible man came back in and says take it out, he doesn't need it. So he put my father through the pain of inserting a catheter for it to be in two minutes. The belly pain was actually a hematoma. This man will never touch my father again! He is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met in my entire life, what doctor does not look at the big picture before he makes decisions. Don't walk away from him RUN!

Dec 27th, 2010

Dr. Zakhireh was very professional and caring. He explained things to me and my family. His diagnosis was accurate and I received excellent advice from him. His staff were really nice. I would trust Dr. Zakhireh with my loved ones.

|  M.S.B.  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

Dr. Zakhireh was very professional and knowledgeable. He was also very caring and answered my questions with patience. His diagnosis and treatment was excellent. I would recommend this doctor to my family and friends.

|  Great Bedside Manner  |  show details
by Susan M Ritter on Aug 13th, 2010

I received care from Dr. Zakhireh after two hospitalizations. I found him to be thorough, accurate, and very caring. Of all the doctors I saw at the hospital, he was the one that always made me feel positive and hopeful. When I visited his office for follow-up care I was also impressed by his staff who seemed just as helpful and positive. I would not hesitate to send any family member or friend to him.

Apr 23rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

He was taking care of my mother and I asked the nurse if he had rounded yet, and to my surprise he had already came to the hospital. He never came in the room to see my mother, nor did he ever explain what was going on with my mother. I feel this is bad m

Read Full Review at yahoo.com