A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akbarnia
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Akbarnia Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Akbarnia graduated from Tehran School Of Medical Sciences. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Akbarnia has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Healthcare Center
- Alvarado Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 46 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia practice?
- Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia has 1 office location.
Dr. Behrooz Akbarnia practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Surgeons.