Dr. Belinda Schwertner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Belinda Schwertner?

Endometriosis

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Belinda Schwertner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 19th, 2013

Horrible Experience

My wife and I have decided to find another doctor in the middle of her pregnancy - if that tells you how our experience with this office has gone. I will start by saying the one positive note I have, Dr. Schwertner seems to be a kind and caring person. After that, it is all downhill. The worst thing about this office is her staff - namely the receptionist, Amy. This office is hands down the worst encounter I have ever had with medical staffing (and this would include minute clinics). You would think you were walking into a morgue with the cold and rude personalities that greet you. You can forget about a "Hello" or "Goodbye", much less help with questions you have about invoices or insurance. Amy is rude, unprofessional, unpleasant, and talks to patients like they are stupid and inconveniencing her. This is the person you have to ask billing, insurance, appointment, and paperwork questions to. I asked several questions about the additional charges I was receiving for ultrasounds that I understood to be part of the lump sum payment of services and never got an answer, only attitude - so these extra charges went unresolved. Additionally, if you go to this office, prepare yourself for 30 minute to 1 hour waits every appointment. We even took the first appointment in the morning to avoid delays and still sat in the patient room for 30 minutes. Finally, between the uncomfortable staff, rogue charges and long waits, we decided to change doctors. After calling twice to get ahold of Schwertner, I informed her of our decision and reasoning - She seemed care free which explains her acceptance and retention of such employees and practices. I would not recommend this doctor.

August 20th, 2013

Keep looking!

I had this doctor 5 years ago thru the pregnancy of my son. I developed preeclampsia and was placed in the hospital at about 27 weeks. My son was born very premature and spent some time in the hospital. When I became pregnant again I called her office to become a patient for this second birth as well. When I called I was advised that I had a bill in 2007 that went to collections. I explained that I had medical insurance during that time and was unsure what happened. I then explained that I would be more then happy to pay whatever amount they wanted me to and that I believed Dr. Belinda Schwertner saved both mine and my son's life. Jenna the office receptionist I was speaking too advised me that she would speak to Dr. Schwertner directly and see if she would accept me as a patient again. The next day Jenna called me back and advised me that Dr. Belinda Schwertner would not accept me as a patient and would not go against her own office policy. This doctor's only concern is money. I really feel that had her office staff done their job they would have resubmitted the bill for payment and it would have been paid. At the very LEAST someone should have explained this to me THEN. Pregnancy is a very scary thing whether it's your first or fifth and your best friend during this time is your OBGYN. If you are looking for a doctor that cares about you and your child then you need to KEEP looking, as this doctor only cares about money!!! (my bill was less then $70)

February 7th, 2013

Do not use this doctor. Awful office staff.

All they care about is their money, not patient care. Her office staff is rude, dishonest and disrespectful. Be careful.

November 19th, 2012

Poor office staff

I misplaced my note for date and time of my appointment. No one called from the office to remind me so I missed it and now the doctor does not want to reschedule. Hello??? Have you not heard of automation to remind busy people that they have a dr appointment? Even my veterinarian sends me a text message when my dog is due for shots!!!! I can only imagine the outdated instruments this doctor uses for examins (think medievel times, leeches anyone?). And to boot, the staff person was rude. I would not fit well with such incompentence, so I suppose this is all for the best.

June 23rd, 2012

Rude Receptionist

So if you don't have problems, you don't need to see doctor. She does not have to be so rude when peoples call and make the appointment. I called and had the same bad experience as other patients. She's the first person you talk to before you can see the doctor. No matter how good the doctor is, if she still let this person keep her job, I would not see this doctor. There are many other good and nice ones out there. Sorry!

February 14th, 2012

Great Doctor, unfriendly receptionist

As most everyone has said, Dr. Schwertner is a wonderful, down to earth,easy to talk to doctor. But her receptionist is NOT a people person. Had I dealt with her the first time I made an appointment I would probably gone to another doctor. So, don't let the receptionist/front desk turn you off, once you get past her, all the other staff members are great.

April 26th, 2011

PT

WOW, YOU PEOPLE ARE HARSH. I HAVE BEEN A PT FOR 7 YEARS AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER STAFF AND HER. IT AMAZES ME THAT PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK THE RECEPTIONIST IS TO BLAME FOR THE WAIT TIME AND APPOINTMENT TIMES. THE DOCTORS ARE THE ONES THAT SET THE RULES FOR THE STAFF. WHEN SOMEONES GIVES YOU AN ESTIMATED TIME AND THAT TIME RUNS OUT, DON'T BE MAD AT THE STAFF WHEN THEY CAN'T CONTROL THE DOCTOR. HAVING WORKED IN THE MEDICAL FIELD BEFORE, I SEE IT FROM BOTH SIDES. IF SOMEONE IS RUDE TO YOU IT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU WERE RUDE TO THEM??? JUST SAYING. LOVE HER OFFICE STAFF AND HER!

February 21st, 2011

sad patient

Dr. Schwertner is a sweet caring lady and a good doctor. It is unfortuate that her office manager and secretary are of the rudest I have ever encountered. I don't know how such a compassionate woman works with such hateful people.

January 13th, 2011

Great Doctor! Bad Receptionist

Dr. Schwertner is a great doctor but her receptionist is the most unprofessional and rudest person I have ever met. During my first trimester I called because of some heavy spotting and Amy told me she would not get me in to see the Dr sooner because there is nothing they can do about a miscarriage so just wait it out. She was very cold and matter of factly about it. Thank god all was fine. Its a shame such a great office has such a mean person working the front desk.

March 16th, 2010

staff is unprofessional

I like Dr. Schwertner, but her receptionist sucks. She is just plain rude every time I deal with her. She gave me the wrong patient file on one visit and acted like it was my fault. She is condescending and thinks there's no need to give an estimated wait time when Dr. Schwertner is running late - and she is ALWAYS running late.

January 15th, 2010

Gave me someone elses test results

This Dr and staff's professionalism was horrible! The Nurse and the Dr both gave me all the wrong test results, then called too late and said I've made a little mistake, little, NO, I don't call pregnancy and having a UTI a little mistake. They gave me another patients test results.It was very apparent they just did'nt care about my health. I wasn't pregnant and had no UTI. Then they billed me for tests and a visit I didn't have and demanded payment...I wouldn't ever refer this Dr or return to this clinic.

October 17th, 2016