A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Belinda Shirkey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Belinda Shirkey is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Belinda Shirkey, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shirkey graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock.
Dr. Shirkey has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shirkey accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Anthem - 4 plans
- Evercare - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Belinda L. Shirkey practice?
Dr. Belinda Shirkey practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Gilbert, AZ and Hawthorne, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.