Dr. Bellur Ramanath Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Bellur Ramanath?

Great advise

Posted on May 16th, 2012

One of the great things about seeing Dr Ramanath is he takes into account the age of the child. My daughter has been seeing him since she was about 5 years old. Through the years he has given her advise at her check-ups. Such as when she was starting middle school about peer pressure & not smoking. In high school he has talked to her about the importance of school & usually makes comments that make you take notice. For example did you know you get pink eye if you roll your eyes at your mom!! Love that one! His bedside manner is outstanding. Now that my daughter is 18, it will be hard to find a Dr to meet the standards he has set in our book!

Changing Pediatrician

Posted on April 18th, 2011

I was referred to this pediatrician by a co-worker since we were new to San Antonio. She felt she had a good experience. My child has been evaluated since the move 8 months ago and now is known to be special needs. We have had multiple instances of needing forms filled out and doctors notes faxed, etc for therapy and respite day care. I was initially quite appreciative of the extra help from the front desk staff. But as time went along, the main staff-member who was helping us seemed to grow impatient with alot of the extra paperwork. (Just a personal assessment from many phone calls.) I can overlook it since I know doctor's notes requests and various faxes can be quite a pain in addition to all of the work they have to do on a regular basis. But I knew it was time to go when the doctor flat-out refused to write a much-needed doctor's note for her diet at respite daycare saying that I should "work it out" with the daycare. Rules are rules, especially when a facility is federally funded and licensed. I can't change their rules and I really needed the doctor's help with getting a diet-related request okay'd. I researched and found that Dr. Cristopher Gulde has excellent reviews with mentioning of special needs kids. We have an appointment and I do hope the new doctor's bedside manner includes patience and understanding for the "special" needs of "special needs" kids. I will not refer anyone to the previous pediatrician. I have a friend with a special needs child. I could always hear the frustration in her voice when trying to get even the simplest of tasks accomplished with insurance, doctors, specialists, and doctors offices. I am now beginning to understand her grief - because some of these docs don't.

Posted on February 9th, 2011