Dr. Bendt Petersen III MD Patient Reviews

Back surgery follow-up
Very professional and helpful

June 21st, 2017
Worst Doctor Ever!!!
After sitting in his waiting area for about an hour and a half Dr. Petersen informed me that he "didn't have time for this". I was referred to this doctor by my job after a car accident. Dr. Petersen is the rudest and uncaring doctor I have ever seen. He is very disrespectful! I hate that I wasted my time at his office. I wish I was referred to another group because I see by reading these reviews that I wasn't the only person he was rude to. I hope Orthopedic Group looks into these complaints and actually cares about their patients because Dr. Petersen clearly does not care!

June 20th, 2017
Good office minor
Didn't have to wait long in lobby before I was called back. Was in room about 7 minutes before the doctor came in. The nurse's were great. They didn't seem to have an attitude. I would give them five stars.

June 17th, 2017
He is my Doctor. I am thankful for him.

March 2nd, 2017
Trusting a Stranger
I met Dr. Petersen at the ER over 3 yrs ago & I trust this man with my life!! He's professional, thorough & genuinely cares about his patients!! I've have to also say his nurses & other support staff are absolutely wonderful!!

January 24th, 2017
These reviews scared me
After reading all these reviews I was really worried to take my husband to see this doctor. But he was very quick and straight to the point and told us how he was going to fix it so we will see how things go from here.

June 13th, 2016
Worst Physician Experience So Far
I have never in my life taken. The time to leave a review, positive, negative, or otherwise. But my visit with Dr. Petersen today was so horrendous, I feel as if everybody should be warned so they can avoid his condescending attitude and complete lack of compassion. During y first appointment he had my mri, but said he needed xrays to look farther into the problem. I brought xrays today for him to look at and he says "I don't need to see them, I have your mri', didn't bother discussing any options, doing an exam or anything except suggesting physical therapy. Which I'm totally fine with, except I have not met my deductible and cannot afford it right now. As this particular problem affects my career, I'm becoming upset. He sets his pen down and asks "well what else do you want me to do?" As if I went to medical school and am aware of all other options. As he's leaving the room to get the nurse, me mutters "god d****t " (excuse my language) under his breath as he throws down my chart. He's condescending, rude, and completely unhelpful. And if I had read these other reviews beforehand, I wouldn't have ever wasted my time to see him.

February 22nd, 2016
Put me through torment
Did not tell me that results of an MRI showed a mass at the back surgery site where he had nicked the dura (his repair had opened back up). I had to have another back surgery to have rods and screws removed so neurosurgeon could remove the mass and repair the dura. All Petersen ever said was " what I did looks fine. I don't know what's wrong with you" I had all the symptoms, he just couldn't admit he'd messed up.

February 2nd, 2016
Terrible bedside manners!!!!
I don't even know what too say about this doctor. Very rude and wanted to invade my personal business instead of treating me as a patient. He asked why was I disabled and if I was suing for my injury and that he did not want to be involved in a lawsuit!!!! Rude

April 1st, 2015
Very unprofessional, extremely rude. Horrible experience!

March 2nd, 2015
Did not care!
Left my mom in the hospital after lumbar fusion without checking on her. Did not care about her recovery or lack of.

October 14th, 2014
Back surgery
Doctor Peterson has the absolute worse bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. My husband was put on leave from work and doctor Peterson refused to work with him on workmans comp. It took nearly 5 months for my husband to get approved for workmans comp due to Doctor Peterson not cooperating with the paperwork. His bedside manner has at best been curt and mostly plain rude. My husband finally had his back surgery which proved no results other than worse back pain. When Peterson had the MRI done he explained to my husband that everything was fine as there was nothing to be causing the pain in his back. My husband said "well I can tell you everything is not fine I am in terrible pain" Doctor Peterson refuses to give him pain meds to ease the pain or cooperate with my husband who has been very patient and tried to put his trust in this scumbag of a doctor. Finally the last visit my husband told Doctor Peterson he would have never had surgery if he had known he would have this bad of pain. Doctor Peterson stormed out of the room which is typical of him and his temper tantrums. Please do not waste your time with this doctor. He is truly a jerk, rude, ruthless, and has no empathy for people or helping them. I hope Karma gets him he deserves what he has put out. I wish I could put a minus 10 on his ratings because he doesn't even deserve a one star.