A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Benigno Fernandez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Benigno Fernandez, MD, PA is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Depressive Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernandez graduated from Ponce School of Medicine .
Dr. Fernandez has 4 hospital affiliations:
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
- University Hospital - San Antonio
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fernandez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 10 plans