Dr. Benita Dieperink Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benita Dieperink?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Benita Dieperink?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2013

Great doctor.

May 4th, 2013

Uncaring, unprofessional, makes assumptions

Rather than ask me questions, she assumed quite a lot, it turns out, over the last year. Because I didn't mention x, she thought that y. Because I didn't mention y, she thought z. Here's an idea: ASK YOUR PATIENT QUESTIONS. I have been too busy getting actual diagnoses for actual physical ailments to remember to tell you in the 5, 10 minute time that we have what's going on. She was frequently late -- by 10 minutes to as much as an hour -- but the one, two times I was late, I was given a passive-aggressive stare of the clock. Um, you're a psychiatrist. You can't tell me how you feel? Because of her, I now have a somatoform disorder on my list of diagnoses. But again, had she have asked, I could have told her all the diagnoses I have received for my REAL physical ailments in the last year. And I didn't even find out that she had diagnosed me with somatoform until I asked what my diagnoses were. (What kind of doctor doesn't tell you her diagnoses?) So after I closed my jaw, which was hanging open from that bit of news, I ticked off all the diagnoses I've had. Her response? Well...you have migraines, and no one knows what they are caused by. Really??? Well, no one who has migraines, including my spouse, knows the underlying reason. I mean I have TRIGGERS, as all migraineurs do, but no CAUSES. And as for the lack of reasons for neuropathy? If she knew anything about my connective tissue disorder, she'd know that it can lead to nerve inflammation. But she doesn't. She's just a psychiatrist, and an ignorant one, who seems quite happy to remain that way.

October 29th, 2009

Great psychiatrist

Very caring and professional. She sometimes does run late which results in a long wait time, but overall she gets the issues and is open to working w/ her patients.

August 16th, 2017