Dr. Benjamin Asher MD, PC Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 29th, 2015
Overrated and Snotty
I saw Dr. Asher for my very severe and very painful muscle tension dysphonia. He practically bullied me, telling me my condition was a "spiritual" problem. Give me a break! He acted like the whole thing was my fault, charged $250 for half hour myofascial release massage. He's an egomaniac, HATES to be told he could be wrong (I told him what a highly respected voice therapist said caused my condition, and he wasn't even open to the possibility that she could be right). "99% of Muscle Tension Dysphonia is psychologically rooted," he insisted. I found somebody else who charges $185 for NINETY MINUTES of myofascial release, doesn't tell me my pain is "in my head" and does MUCH more for me than this quack ever did. I read somewhere that his glutathione infusions are a miracle for polyps. That's great, but don't bother with this snotty, condescending doctor if you have muscle tension dysphonia. He came very highly recommended - BIG disappointment!

May 4th, 2008
thorough. He is the kind of doctor that spends quality time with you. There is never anyone double booked. This is so rare and wonderful.

December 2nd, 2014