Dr. Benjamin Bengs Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Bengs?

HELP ME !I just need an opinion!!!

Posted on September 27th, 2017

I am a 55 yr old female. I have had apprx 17 surg. procedures btwn both knees. My right one has been replaced twice, with my first one being replaced after just 9 months. It kept dislocating. I have been told NOT to let anyone do anything with my left. My Ortho guy says it is time to replace the left one. I HAVE HAD MY KNEECAPS REMOVED in the mid-late '70s. Has the medical devices made a drastic chang? I am now, and have been, bone-on-bone. I am not asking for you to do the surgery, I'm asking if you were in this situation would you have it done? Recommend your daughter/son/spouse to have it done? I currently do not have an Orthopaedic Doctor. I have an appointment with a Dr. Waters at the end of November. It has taken 8 monthes to get it. Any thoughts? I am getting Medicare, if that makes any difference. Thank You (or whomever is reading this) Sue Ellen Stewart Indianapolis, Indiana 317-681-4523

Brilliantl surgeon

Posted on February 18th, 2017

He operated on one of my hips and one of my knees. He is wonderful: kind, considerate and technically brilliant.

Desperate patient

Posted on November 14th, 2015

Broke a Femur bone on Monday due to a fall. After careful review, we chose him for immediate surgery. His schedule was completely booked yet, he managed to operate on me less than a day. Excellent results, bedside manner, follow up visits. Highly recommend him. Good luck with yours.

Posted on November 13th, 2015

I just had a partial knee replacement at UCLA with Dr. Bengs as my surgeon. My surgery went perfectly with no complications. UCLA is the best hospital I have had surgery at. I would highly recommend both Dr. Bengs and UCLA!

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Very talented. Works miracles.

correction

Posted on January 30th, 2015

As a rule, I try not to interfere with the exchange of free ideas and experiences that is reported on these sites, good or bad. However, I wish to correct the above reviewer who alleges I operated on the incorrect part of the spine, as I think this is a serious charge. I have not performed surgery on ANY spine since I finished my training in 2006, since I am a hip, knee, and fracture specialist. I have never even had privileges to perform these operations at my hospital, nor ever intend to do so. The above reviewer has named me incorrectly and I have reported this as fraudulent to this website. BCB

knee replacement

Posted on August 22nd, 2013

Dr Bengs was recommended to me by a patient who got tkr too. He is friendly, informative, reassurring to the patient tells you good and bad. I have not had the surgery as yet but this was the first meeting. Now, onto the staff- Kathy is very terse, very unaccommodating borderline rude and not a helpful person - maybe overwhelmed but still no excuse for rudeness and inefficiency. If I was to rate Bengs on his staff alone I woul not be getting operated on.

Knee pain!

Posted on January 28th, 2013

Dr Bengs didn't just tell me I needed surgery. He said when you feel you do call me, and then again you may never need one, it's up to you! I am a very active 70 year old woman, that still runs and plays tennis, but i think my yoga helps me the most! Thank you Dr Bengs for your wonderful bedside manner!

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

Dr. Bengs may be a good surgeon but he is severly lacking in bed side manners and caring about his patients.

Mareda Goodman

Posted on November 20th, 2011

I dont feel comfortable recommending Dr Bengs. I did not feel like he focused on me when it came to examining my right knee. He did not provide full ...

Posted on June 22nd, 2011

I found Dr. Beings caring and professional. He replaced both my knees and restored my active life style. He was informative and always spent time with me when I had questions.

Posted on December 12th, 2009

Dr. Benjamin Bengs is direct, very knowledgeable, makes you feel comfortable with the procedure, gives you lots of information beforehand and is extremely patient. His clinic assistant Kathy is courteous and treats you as though you are her only patient. I had both hips replaced by Dr. Bengs and I am on the mend from my second surgery. I had a very good experience with this doctor and would highly recommend him.