Dr. Benjamin Berry MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

March 28th, 2013
Nasty and rude receptionist
I recently made an appointment with Dr Berry for a routine well care exam and removal/replacement of my IUD. All of my information was taken at the time of making the appointment. Two days before my appointment I was called and told I would have to reschedule because the doctor was in surgery. I rearranged my schedule for another appointment with the doctor. Two and a half hours before my appointment the receptionist Patty called me to ask if I could come in early for paperwork. Then she stated asking me questions about my HMO and proceeded to tell me that my visit would not be covered by my insurance company. I assured her that I had called my insurance company and they had told me that I was covered without a referral completely for my visit and procedure. She said she would call the insurance company her self. Then she called me back and said that HMSA said they could not cover the visit. I then called an HMSA representative and she told me again that I was definitely covered and offered to call the Drs office herself. The nice woman from HMSA changed my primary care doctor to satisfy Dr Berry's office's request as well as offered to send an official letter saying that I was covered for the visit. After driving across the island for my appointment I was denied by Patty. She was rude and patronizing and insisted that I could not have my appointment even if I was willing to pay out of pocket. I even tried to have her talk to the HMSA rep together, but she nastily told me that she would not, and that I was not going to se the doctor that day. Reception is the first line representing a doctor. If the front desk, (who was obviously lying about their reasons for not keeping my appointment) is so rude and unprofessional, it does not speak well of the doctor.

February 24th, 2013
THE BEST OBGYN I have ever had!!
I have had several OBs in my life, all of which were good or great, but Dr Berry is hands down the best! His gentle nurturing manner is coupled with his invaluable knowledge and experience to make a top notch OB. He saw me through 3 high-risk pregnancies and took the most excellent care of me through and after all 3. He answers all my questions, allows plenty of time for our appointments and his follow up is second to none. I can't say enough about Dr B! i trusted my most precious cargo to him - my children. After 7 years of seeing him pretty regularly (trying to get pregnant 3 times, 3 pregnancies, 3 C-Sections and post pregnancy care) I am sad to only see him once a year for my annual. He truely cares for his patients and it shows. He is always available and his office hours and 2 locations are so convenient. His staff is incredibly professional and friendly too.

February 10th, 2011
absolutely horrible
I don't recommend this doctor as an OB. Overall it was a pretty bad experience. Finally, when I tried to get my records from them to transfer to another OB they were very difficult and rude, I continued to be polite despite their unwillingness to part ways amicably, one of the staff ran after me in the parking lot to tell me that Dr Berry's wife told her to charge me an extra 38 bucks for making the copies of my records. I have only ever been polite to these people. Nicole was very ugly to me during my last conversation. I said "don't worry about it" (meaning the inconvenience of the difficulty I had prying the records away from them) and she replied "oh I'm NOT worried about it" furthermore I read over my records and found several mistakes. It says that my son was delivered at 56 weeks?! He was delivered exactly 8 days after his due date. The due date that they determined. What nonsense. I am Rh negative. I had to practically beg them to get me a rhogam shot. It took over a week after I had a bleed to get it. In the notes they make it seem like I was reticent to get the shot. Nonsense! At the time I specifically said I don't care what it costs! Please get me that shot... The first time the nurse forgot to order it. ect ect we went round and round... Anyway it's all over now thank God.