Dr. Benjamin Blank DO Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2016
Uncaring doctor no education on hepc
I went to Dr Blank for many year my alt ast and ggt were always high he totally ignored the fact that I may have hepc I trusted him and should have not after asking him for years why those numbers were high I went to another doctor who gave me a blood test for hepc and I had it I now have f2 fibrosis this would not have happen if he took pride in himself I wish doctor blank was.more professional and concern about the wellbeing of his patients he is a horrible doctor not cornered about patients just money I would not rate him a one if there was a -0 that would be my choice

April 7th, 2016
I have been going to this doctor for years. I had blood work done and my results were ready 1 week ago. Every day I was told that the doctor would call me but he was too busy. I was told the only way I could get my results is to make an appointment(and pay for that). This practice has gone down hill and the staff is horrible.

January 20th, 2016
Best HCG Weight Loss in South Jersey!!!!
Dr. Blank and his staff took the time to answer all my questions. I was nervous and unsure about trying yet another diet. Dr. Blank was so understanding, knowledgeable and supportive. Its hard to find a doctor who is so down to earth. A visit with Dr. Blank is like having a cup of coffee with an old friend.

January 20th, 2016
Everything is good except getting prescriptions refilled. That part of the practice is abysmal

January 12th, 2016
3 Weeks for a referral ... and stuck with the bill
Very poor experience with this office -- Staff is very unfriendly. Went in for a referral (saw a NP not the Dr), didn't get a call till 3 weeks later. Now they have sent me a bill for that visit. Tried to reason with the office manager, she agreed the service was poor, but could do nothing for me with the bill. I actually had to go to another dr to get the referral (so had to already pay!!!! no one returned my call at Dr Blanks). I asked to speak with the dr as I am sure this is not how he runs his practice -- she told me "Oh Ill be honest, hes not going to speak with you" WOW... really... I guess i'm not one of his important patients. How sad this is, seems to be just about the money.

January 5th, 2016
For you
My family has been going to Dr.Blank for several years. However with that being said his practice is much to big for himself now. He doesn't have the human concern he used to have ,always on his computer when in for your visit. We are paying for a Dr. Not a nurse practioner,not attention shown to a computer, back in the day he would call you with the results of tests not anymore. Yes we realize times have changed but it hurts when your family puts so much trust in a Dr. Who isn't and probably can't be present anymore. Personally he is a very nice man. But time has really changed him. Sorry and sad to say this but true.

September 13th, 2013
I am 61 years old, my health issues include heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, rectal cancer. I went to the office in 2009 feeling lethargic and tired. Was diagnosed with anemia and prescribed iron tablets. After a scheduled colonoscopy recommended by my cardiologist I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. Three months ago I had diarrhea for a week, made an appointment and my diabetes medicine was increased, no xray, CT scan or stool test. Went to see my surgeon a week later and was diagnosed with Colitis. Getting through to the prescription refill line is now almost impossible. Every time I call I get a recording that the box is full, try later. This goes on for days. I should have a brain scan done for going back to the practice. If anyone knows of a credible PCP in the area I would appreciate his name. Seems like once he got involved with the weight loss plan that is his primary concern, that and the profits from it.

July 30th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Blank for quite some time. Fortunately for me, I really didn't have the need to see the Doctor that frequently. However when I did, the problems I had were numerous. The office is the most disorganized one that I have ever seen. When I needed referrals , there was always a problem. When I called I either got hung up on or left on hold. I am leaving the practice and I can't even get my records sent to my new doctor. The real reason for leaving is the fact that his Nurse Practitioner didn't even know simple anatomy. When I asked about a possible labrum tear in my hip, she shot back in a condescending manner that it is highly unlikely since the labrum is in the shoulder. Secondly I had the rare visit with Blank and he scheduled an x-ray for me and stated to me ,he knew it wouldn't show anything but when I come back for a follow up he will give me script for an MRI. He is only in it for the money. I called his Office to speak with him about my concerns and the response from his staff was to schedule an appointment and he will speak to me. He couldn't even spare two minutes to call me back. A patient for over 25 years. Shame on you. This is the last practice that I would send anyone to. Good luck to the patients that are still going

June 4th, 2013
Be careful, you're on your own with this practice
I was new to the area and Dr. Blank was recommended by a family member. I'm not sure what they were thinking!? You often see a nurse practitioner and not the doctor. This would be fine if the nurses knew what they were talking about. They interpreted my blood tests incorrectly, leading me to think I had a problem that I didn't have! Luckily the lab mistakenly sent a copy of the results to my home and I was able to see the truth! They also LOST a specimen - never went to the lab. Offered to do a second test a MONTH later. Gee thanks, hope it wasn't anything serious. Dr. Blank himself was just ok. I wouldn't put up with his staff just to see him. They completely messed up my billing and never really apologized for causing the mess. The person in charge of billing is very rude and needs a customer service course. Girls at the front desk seem ok but sometimes confused. There are way too many problems at this practice to trust them with my health.

January 3rd, 2012
Hard to get an appointment
Dr. Blank seems like he's never in. Often you are forced to see one of his nurse practitioners and even if you call early in the morning to get an appointment that day for a cold, chances are you are SOL. Since they are such a small practice, they do sometimes call presciptions in for you if you're not able to come into the office but only if you've seen them in the last 6 months, otherwise again you are SOL.

May 13th, 2011
this doctor needs to understand the basic of being a passionate and human doctor. He needs to get good manners education. Most often he has the patients seen by the nurses. He doesn't have the sense of urgency or concern for his patients.

March 22nd, 2017