Dr. Benjamin Burkett MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 3rd, 2016
Was only office that I had been to that that u were back quick and the doctor explain to u what u needed to know.

August 10th, 2015
I stepped on a nail during the early winter of 2015. Infection did not manifest itself for over a month. I had the disprivilege of meeting Doctor Burkett and his staff at Beptist Hospital in Madisonville, KY. The good doctor sent me home without any real method for wound care. When I demanded his office do the wound care, I got my dressing changed one time. After which, the nurse showed my wife how to do it. I had to beg for a better pain medication, even efter specifying that my pain threshhold was quite low. Needless to say, I couldn't bring myself to do my own wound care. My wife didn't have the stomach for it either. I missed the second follow-up appointment due to thinking it was later in the day. After realizing I had missed the time, I phoned his office. They never called me back, and after a while I decided not to pursue this with him or his office any longer. Thankfully, my wound healed without any further intervention. However, given my history of MRSA, I was appalled at the lack of further antibiotics, even while the wound was still open. Doctor Burkett lacks a good bedside manner, and his staff is utterly awful -- from the receptionists to the nurses. I would not and could not give this doctor a decent review.

August 8th, 2015
My mother went to Dr Burkett for consultation for a compression fraacture and possible kyphoplasty. Her primary care physician's office made the appointment. After waiting over 2 hours we finally saw the doctor. He came in and didn't introduced himself and said "well what are you here for today?" After filling out 5 pages of forms I wondered why he didn't know why we were there! Then he looked at her MRI images and said he could do the procedure but he didn't think it would do any good. Also, could put her in a brace but didn't think that would do any good either. After I asked a couple of questions and I got what I felt like was just smart aleck answers, we were done with him.

May 4th, 2015
Spinal fusion surgery

November 24th, 2013
jerk
this doctor not only didn't listen to me when i talked to him, he actually asked me "what do you want me to do?" I had broken my L3 vertebra and my doctor sent me to him thinking he could help me

April 3rd, 2013
Recent Surgical Patient
My experience with Dr. Burkett and his staff has been as good as I could have hoped. I had surgery almost a month ago, and my recovery is going well. Leading up to the surgery, and afterwards, Dr. Burkett showed real interest in my condition and visited me in the hospital each day I was there, including, I think on one of his days off. He is congenial, and has joked with me after we have gotten to know each other a little better, but he is not a joke-a-minute guy. He doesn't havae to be. He just has to try and fix me, and he has done that. I read some review that said he was dismissive, and I just can't see that happening. At least not from my experiences. His staff at Red Bank are super friendly and interested in the patients. Wait times are like other medical offices. Sometimes earlier patients come in late, and that pushes things back, or some patients take more attention than is anticipated. No big deal. I would recommend Dr. Burkett and Christ Hospital to anyone needing orthopedic treatment.

September 17th, 2012
An Orthopedic Doctor You Can Trust
I was diagnosed with a disc herniation that caused severe sciatic down my leg. About 2 years later, it got to the point where I felt numbness in my feet and sharp pain in my back that I had to seek a Orthopaedist. I received a referral through the UnitedHealthCare network and proceeded to call Dr. Burkett's office. To date, it was one of the best calls I've ever made because it led me to the doctor that performed my surgery. He and his staff were very friendly and professional. We ruled that surgery was the best choice after going through all the conservative methods and based on the MRI chart. I couldn't be happier that I chose Dr. Burkett because a year later, I am back to being healthy and recently ran the Flying Pig Marathon. Thanks so much.