Dr. Benjamin Domb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 17th, 2016
Financial nightmare
This has been a two year process for me, wish I'd have taken my business elsewhere. After being diagnosed with a labrum tear I was scheduled for surgery. One person at the office told me to start PT prior to surgery and another told me to not waste time and money on pre op PT so stopped. Less than a week before my scheduled surgery insurance denied me because I had not completed the PT. when I finally became elegible again the office scheduled me for surgery in Indiana in an out of network and told me if I wanted an in network site I'd have to wait 6 months for an appointment. And don't get me started on the $5000 deposit! Never ever sign a waiver or give a deposit until you speak to your insurance! I learned this lesson the hard way. He's trying to bill me almost $2500 now because that was the part not covered by insurance and i gave him the deposit. But he makes it sound like this deposit is for your benefit. I went to him because my mother in law had a fine experience with him and spoke highly. But the more people I talk to with similar injuries have nothing good to say. He has tried to spread himself too thin with so many offices and high volume, this should have been a big red flag to me.

April 15th, 2016
Hip Surgery, Excellent experience and outcome! Talented and compassionate doctor!
Recently had hip surgery by Dr Domb. Excellent experience from start to finish! I have been suffering from hip pain for years now, and after many inaccurate diagnoses by multiple specialists, I was referred to Dr Domb by a colleague who also had hip surgery by him, and had an equally excellent experience and outcome. His staff was helpful and thorough and guided me through the process, and Dr Domb's experience, reputation, education and bedside manner were top notch. He is not only a very skilled surgeon, but a compassionate physician. I am now 3 months post surgery and feel better than I have in years! I am finally able to return to my active lifestyle and get back to doing the activities I love, pain free! Many, many thanks Dr Domb!

April 6th, 2016
Not good
Absolutely regret having surgery with him. Never explained anything, just said he would fix me. After the surgery, when I still had pain and problems, I was advised to no longer see him. Went to another doctor who eventually gave me my life back after having to do 4 more surgeries (2 on each hip).

March 22nd, 2016
I didn't meet him until after my surgery, but my hip feels as good as new! If you're looking for someone to fix your hip, Dr. Domb's your guy.

March 20th, 2016
Beware of the $5000.00 Deposit and massive over charges.
I went to Dr. Domb as Hip scope patient. I chose him as he seemed the only OS close to me other than going to NY who had the experience necessary. Only time will tell whether it has been worth the extensive repair vs. a THR. I will post back on that later and revise my post on the outcome. One thing you need to be aware of is the $5000 deposit. This is required for all patients no matter what your insurance carrier you have. You are supposed to get that refunded once your insurance has paid out but,thus far nothing has been returned and its been over 3 months. I keep getting the same response from his billing service which is not located here but, in Florida. They keep saying it's being reviewed and they have sent the correct backup information requested from the insurance company. I have dealt with insurance companies a long time and usually you have some answer from them after 3 months. Also he billed over $300,000.00 for a 2 hour surgery which includes his awful care surgery center bill more expensive than any hospital I have ever been in over $100,000. I have had many surgeries including very serious ones and no one has ever billed that much. It would seem that if you billed out that much you would never get paid by any Insurance company nor, would the patient receive a refund on their deposit??? Something is wrong with this picture. So if he collects $5000.per patient and he performs surgery on 12 patients per day or even 10 or 5 which is supposedly what his staff indicated you can do the math and he would never receive payment from an insurance company only the patient. He seems like a great surgeon only time will tell not that one but, I don't expect to ever receive my deposit back. I suppose $5000. is a cheaper way to pay but, not when your already paying a $6000. deductible and premiums over $500.per month. I just hope the surgery was worth it?

February 21st, 2016
Dr. Domb requires $5000.00 as a deposit before he will operate. It takes many months to get your money back even if your insurance has paid in full.

February 12th, 2016
Lack of Information - Surgery Mill
I am sure that Dr. Domb is an excellent surgeon but the whole processes is rushed.. For the first appt., I saw Domb for maybe 3 minutes and was told that surgery was needed. No explanation about the surgery process, how to prepare, etc.. Then you only get a call to explain the MRI and a call to schedule. No where along this line of communication was the 5k deposit mentioned and if not agreed upon, no surgery for you!! I just found the whole process sad as you are nothing more than a number as I had to go back to my original ortho for explanations.. Seeking someone else who will treat me like a person..

November 19th, 2015
Disgruntled. After the required $5000.00 deposit before they would agree to perform the surgery. I still receive collection notices from groups I have never heard of. No-one seems to know how to return my "deposit" even after the insurance has long since paid out the claims.

November 1st, 2015
Rush, felt like a car going to a shop for repair
Doctor domb didnt spend time with me to explain me about The Surgery he recommended. When i asked him what was going to be done he explain very briefly and he gave me a print paper with a website and told me i could read more about it There. When he left i was rushed By The assistance Who try to enter The room twice while changing my clothes. I left very dissapointed and sad since i really though i could trust him for my Surgery

August 31st, 2015
Just wish I saw him more than his assistant.

August 18th, 2015
Excellent doctor. My only concern was the lack of follow-up after the initial visit, when it was determined I would undergo physical therapy, receive a cortisone shot, and if I continued to have issues, would schedule surgery. The procedure is a rough one, and I felt more contact after the initial visit would be appropriate. Overall, my experience was good & I do plan on going through with the procedure. I'm comfortable recommending Dr. Domb for orthopedic surgery.

February 10th, 2015
I have had 2 failed surgeries by him; knee and hip. I repeated the knee surgery by a different Dr and that has healed great. The anchor and the sutures on my hip ripped weeks after surgery by Domb and I have been left worse than I was prior to surgery. Please do your research before seeing a surgeon. Do NOT see Domb. There are forums on Facebook for FAI/labral tear patients and MANY patients report failed injuries as well.