Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Cervical results show details Cervical results
by Christy on Nov 8th, 2015

Dr Gelber was polite and introduced himself professionally. At first, he was a little abrupt, skimming over my records I sent over. He then skipped over my MRI interpretations from another doctor so they didn't "skew" his opinion. My significant other is very social and brought up sports with the Dr. Dr Gelber then changed his tune and was very much into the conversation. After checking me out he gave us information on what he could do for me. He even took the time to show us how to read results and teach us what each view means. He is a great doctor, knowledgeable, personable, and he teaches his patients, which in my opinion is a big part of being a member of the medical team. I'm awaiting surgery next week with him and feel confident in his ability and feel confident that he will answer any questions I have. His staff is also very nice. The doctor also dictated in front of me, so that I could correct him if he made any errors! I appreciate that.

Your time is not as valuable as theirs and they don' t value what you say show details Your time is not as valuable as theirs and they don' t value what you say
by BA Edwards on Oct 13th, 2015

As a "lapsed" patient, I arrived early and with extensive pre-appointment paperwork filled out. Time: 10:15am. No problem. At 10:45 I informed the receptionist that I had a must-leave time of 11:30. She said that she would let the necessary person know. I was called back at 11:00. I answered the nurse's questions, all of which I had previously answered in the pre-appointment forms. Still, no problem. As she left around 11:10, I asked her if anyone had told her that I had to leave no later than 11:30. She replied in the negative, but said that she would let ???? (I don't recall whom) know. The PA arrived around 11:15 and began to ask the same questions posed twice previously. Before any more time got away, I let her know that I had to leave no later than 11:30. She seemed a tad perplexed, so I asked her if anyone had informed her. She said that no one had. Midway through her questions, I asked her if she had looked at the nurse's notes on me, taken just minutes before. She was a little miffed at my question. (I didn't have the heart to ask her whether or not she had availed herself of the pre-appointment info I had brought.) I also chose not to ask her if she had reviewed the patient records I had sent over to Gelber's office from three different places. It was obvious that she'd not seen them. To her credit, the PA comported herself well, even though put out, and responded, "I just want to be thorough." She recommended that a particular test be performed before any further assessment be made. It was about 11:27 by now. She asked me if I wanted to wait to see the doctor. I told her that was my intention in setting up the appointment but, since I was now out of time, I'd have to forego it. She then directed me to the checkout station. Once there, the kind lady helped me set up a time for the aformentioned test, asking me yet again some of the questions I'd been asked thrice before. Frustrating experience.

Oct 1st, 2015

I found Dr. Gelber to be an excellent doctor. He really advocated for me in my wc case. I believe he is very knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. He is very much down to business. I would recommend him very highly to anyone!

Worst surgical experience show details Worst surgical experience
by Jen on Mar 24th, 2015

Dr. Gelber performed a discectomy on me after the first one he did failed. He cut my nerve during the procedure leaving me without feeling in my left foot. He told my husband he thought it was scar tissue he was cutting. He has never seen me since, always passing me off to his PA's. Prior to my surgery he asked me were I'd like to have my surgery. I said in your surgical center. He then rudely said well I won't be making more than 2 nickels off this surgery anyways. REALY? You say that to a patient. If I was not in so much pain I would have found another DR. I will never go back to DR. Gelber. He is rude, uncaring, unprofessional and made me worse off now than I was before.

Very Rude show details Very Rude
by Samantha Voorhees on Apr 12th, 2010

Lengthy wait, once in to see the DR he drilled me with questions regarding whether or not I had "cancer" (thank you very much I just lost my mother to cancer) due to medications I am taking. Asked me if I wanted to be an addict! All of this before any other questions or looking at my MRI..Ummm, through tears I said "that's why I'm HERE"..I'm tired of the labels and stigma from doctors like this. He didn't even give me a chance, immediately jumped to conclusions. If you have chronic pain and desire a PATIENT and CONSIDERATE doctor this may not be the best match for you.