Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Worst surgical experience show details Worst surgical experience
by Jen on Mar 24th, 2015

Dr. Gelber performed a discectomy on me after the first one he did failed. He cut my nerve during the procedure leaving me without feeling in my left foot. He told my husband he thought it was scar tissue he was cutting. He has never seen me since, always passing me off to his PA's. Prior to my surgery he asked me were I'd like to have my surgery. I said in your surgical center. He then rudely said well I won't be making more than 2 nickels off this surgery anyways. REALY? You say that to a patient. If I was not in so much pain I would have found another DR. I will never go back to DR. Gelber. He is rude, uncaring, unprofessional and made me worse off now than I was before.

Doesn't have time for you show details Doesn't have time for you
by John Doe on Sep 27th, 2013

My Wife and I went to see Dr. Gelber to see what is wrong with my back, and when we were in clinical room the doc came in with out shaking hands and went right to the computer to see MRI results. He said "I see nothing that requires surgery". at that point I explain the pain and showed him where it was. He looked at my back and said I will refure you to Dr. Rentfro for a facit block for nerve pain and jumped out of his seat for he said he was late for surgery. Needless to say WC sent me to another spinal Doc in Omaha for a second opinion. So My Wife and I went to Dr. James Devney and to make a long story short. Dr. devney took one look at the MRI in this clinical room and said you have a Disc problem! I said WHAT? I said Dr. Gelber said there was nothing wrong that required surgery and recommended a Facit block? Dr. Devney replied. you have two tears in your disc one on SI, and one on L5 and had shown me where they where on the MRI. Needless to say I was releaved that this was not all in my head! I mean Dr. Gelber made me feel like I was making it all up! and didn't care how I felt! The Tears where completely noticeable darkened in color from what Devney explained and Iam not a doctor! Dr. Devney was completely PERSONAL and CARING! Like I would make something like this up! Dr. Gelber needs to take a hospitality class!

Very Rude show details Very Rude
by Samantha Voorhees on Apr 12th, 2010

Lengthy wait, once in to see the DR he drilled me with questions regarding whether or not I had "cancer" (thank you very much I just lost my mother to cancer) due to medications I am taking. Asked me if I wanted to be an addict! All of this before any other questions or looking at my MRI..Ummm, through tears I said "that's why I'm HERE"..I'm tired of the labels and stigma from doctors like this. He didn't even give me a chance, immediately jumped to conclusions. If you have chronic pain and desire a PATIENT and CONSIDERATE doctor this may not be the best match for you.