Dr. Benjamin Gitterman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 12th, 2014
Long time doctor
I've been going to Dr. Gitterman for a combined 15 or so years. I've always liked him and he is honest and no nonsense. Over the years I did develop some mental health issues and I'm afraid that has changed his view of me a bit. I'm not a serious hypchondriac, but I have had visits that turned out "OK". I have anxiety and other issues that seem to make me nervous about my health. Dr. Gitterman is reassuring but I get the feeling he rolls his eyes after I leave. I guess he has plenty of other patients like me and we fit a certain mold.

January 31st, 2014
Good Communications
Dr. Gitterman has been my primary care physician for about 10 years. He knows me well and remembers things, even semi-medical issues, from visit to visit. He explains complicated issues in a way I understand and gently reminds me when I an not exercising, eating right etc. When I first met him, he was new to the practice and not as smooth as now. He has improved a great deal.

March 28th, 2008
Dr. Gitterman tends to jump to conclusions about diagnosis rather than taking your complaints seriously. Despite his inflated opinion of his abilities he does not either order or perform laboratory tests to confirm his "diagnosis".