inactive

Benjamin C Hester MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 1st, 2015
Great office, friendly staff, knowledgeable doctor! Love Etowah pediatrics!

October 7th, 2015
Best Doctor in Town!
I would not even consider taking my child anywhere else, other than Etowah Pediatrics! The entire staff and Dr Hester have always treated us like first class patients. Dr Hester has always showed concern for any condition or worry I have had with my daughter. He has always been patient to listen and caring to comfort me. Every time I visit Etowah Pediatrics, I feel like I am walking into a "family" environment. This is by far the best office in town!

March 6th, 2015
I would not take my kids anywhere else

February 25th, 2013
parent of former patient
Dr. Hester was my granddaughter's doctor is the day she arrived. She was involved with a DHR case and now Dr Hester's great office manager Misty Bowman (to which does not deserve to have a phone on her desk) refuses to take my granddaughter back even tho I did not have her transferred out. I have contacted Montgomery medcaide and I have a recent letter stating that Dr. Hester is the doctor. His office manager said it was Dr Hester's decision on whether or not to have a patient. She would not let me speak to him and said if I left a message for him he would just have her call me back. In past years Dr Hester has always seemed to be a concerned doctor and always returned after hour calls or weekend call himself not his great attitude office manager Misty Bowman. I have also contacted the state of this issue and I hope to get resolved soon.

July 20th, 2012
The Best
The Great Children Doctor Every

February 28th, 2012
I had heard great things about Dr. Hester UNTIL we starting using him. He misdiagnosed my 5 month old son's cough twice. Once he said he had a sinus infection, then hand,foot, and mouth disease. We finally took my son to Children's hospital only to discover it was actually asthma. They gave him a breathing treatment and his coughing has improved greatly. We have since discovered that the commonly misdiagnoses children with sinus infections when there is really something more serious going on. He is very nice but has very laid back attitude that comes across as uncaring. Also, and this may be petty, but there is NO changing table in the bathroom. It's a pediatrician's office?!?!

February 21st, 2012
My son went to his office for bout a year and i had some problems with his medicade but when i went in there to get my son back in they said that they thought it was best if they didn't care for my son anymore. But wouldn't give me a reason as to why they said "we don't have to give u a reason".... so rude... just think they could atleast give me a reason as to why they think its best that they not care for my son

October 11th, 2011
My daughter use to go to Dr. Hester. I say use to becasue she was having really bad headaches and he said they were hormonal. ok sounds possible however she had no energy and loss of appetite and this continued for several days. i called and they had him llok at her records and when i called back they said he determined it was the common cold. give her cough meds and all will be fine. she did not have any symptons of cold. turns out major migraines can cause her symptons...which lasted for a week. he totally missed this one! I was very dissapointed as I have never recieved this kind of care before from him or his staff. Guess it cant always be correct but the common cold. I feel he should have had us come back in and re examined her. Took her to another Dr who took us serious and ran all kind of tests then referred us to childrens neurology where she was properly diagnosed. sorry but Dr Hester missed the boat on this one.

October 6th, 2011
We Like Dr. Ben Hester
Dr. Hester has always been a very friendly, outgoing, and caring doctor when we have been in his office. Always the same - he cares for his patients AND takes care of them. We have been going to his office for almost five years and I would never entertain the idea of going elsewhere.His staff is most helpful,courteous and professional. I never leave the office with any question not answered and explained to both the child and the adult.

October 4th, 2011
Dr. Hester is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered. I will not subject my child to his care again.

March 13th, 2010
thorough doctor
Dr. Hester has always taken the time to listen to us and is great with our son. Every time we call on the weekend, he is prompt in calling us back and does not seem bothered by our questions. The staff is excellent and very personable.