Dr. Benjamin Williams Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Williams?

Confused

Posted on September 1st, 2015

Was referred to this doctor for sleep problems. As I do when seeing any new doctor, I looked up his reviews online, and after reading the horrendous reviews about him, I figured my experience with him would not be very nice. Because of that, I was very surprised when I saw him. He turned out to be a very pleasant, light hearted man with a great bedside manner and sense of humor. Literally thought I looked up the wrong doctor online. He took a lot of time with me going over my history, prior sleep studies and current problems, asking a lot of questions and made sure I was comfortable with his treatment plan. He was extremely thorough and patient. Would recommend.

Incapable Neurologist - Choose Another Doctor

Posted on February 8th, 2014

Now that my father has seen other neurologists for his Parkinson's, I truly understand what an incapable neurologist Dr. Williams is. I would endure pompous, belittling bedside manner for a doctor who is brilliant & makes decisions in the best interest of his patients, which I cannot say about this doctor. We continued seeing him because one thing he did well was hire incredible staff. He strongly recommended surgery & deep brain stimulation (DBS) & when my father wanted to ask questions to understand, Dr. Williams treated him as if he shouldn't have to explain his recommendation. We researched what we could, put our trust in Dr. Williams' expertise & moved forward, only to later understand from other experts that his recommendation for DBS was severely premature, unwise for Parkinson's patients with memory loss & began the onset of many more complications. Additionally, he made a critical mistake in prescribing medicine post surgery that sent my father into a terrible week-long psychosis. He consistently met our questions with criticism and cynicism. My father has a PhD in genetics and our family is educated as well as interested & invested in the healthcare of our loved ones. We are not easily offended and not difficult patients to serve. I would like every child, spouse, family member, friend & caretaker to know that it is not wise for you to select Dr. Ben Williams to treat anyone that you care about. Please do your research and choose a more sensitive & engaged healthcare provider for such a critical need as neurological care.

Posted on June 24th, 2013

Dr. Williams is a highly competent doctor. Due to his professional persona, either you like him or don't - there is no gray area. The air about him may be off-putting to some, whom aren't around that daily. However, that doesn't make him a horrible physician. Personally, I didn't have a problem with him. He was very professional, thorough, to the point, and quite funny. Perhaps I say this because my personality matches his, so I do understand from the outside looking in, how others can misinterpret this as being rude/ a snob - especially when it comes to healthcare (which is a very emotionally charged area) - perhaps not..... Take everyone's opinion as a grain of sand, and formulate your own opinion. It's your healthcare (or that of a family member's): so, don't write off someone/come to an automatic assumption without the benefit of time and personal experience, because who knows - Dr. Williams could be the physician who truly helps you out.

Posted on April 20th, 2013

Condescending, rude, arrogant. Very unprofessional, even spoke ill of our referring physicians. No helpful information. Disgrace of a medical provider-- I cannot imagine why UTSW would allow him on staff.

Terrible Experience

Posted on December 21st, 2011

Dr. Williams was condescending and rude. I went to see him because I needed help and a neurologists insight. He talked at me rather than with me. I have never wanted to walk out of an office like I did with this doctor. Dr. Williams treated me like I was wasting his time. He is unprofessional. I will never recommend this doctor and I will not be seeing him again.

Would recommend him to anyone.

Posted on September 9th, 2011

I'm a workman's comp patient, which comes with a stigma with most doctors. I had to have an EMG/NCV test(google it) done to prove what the MRI wouldn't show. I was very nervous as this test is rumored to be very painful. (It wasn't) The office was very welcoming in both staff and environment. The technition that did the NCV was very kind and patient. She explained every step and there were no suprises. Dr. Williams was equally as kind. Great bedside manner and very professional. He answered all my questions and explained everything. He even told me my diagnosis before I left his office. I would return to see him and I recommend him.

ABSOLUTELY AWEFUL!!!!

Posted on November 29th, 2010

This man should have his lcense taken away! We took my grandfather to see him, my grandfather has alzheimers, can barely hear or get around anymore. Dr.Williams refused to speak to my grandfather and told him to be quiet anytime he tried to ask a question. He has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. Spare yourself and your loved once the time and dont go see this doctor

Posted on October 16th, 2017