Physiatrists

Pacmed Clinics
1200 12th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144
206-326-2400
Locations and availability (2)

1.0

|  patient  |  show details
by Cynthia on May 10th, 2014

I'm experiencing chronic guarding from a work related injury where Wal~Mart mandated the associates stop using shopping carts to transport volumes of garments in apparel. This means we carry volumes of garments all day, 5 days a wk. The job requires hands to be free to re-hang, re-fold, hand, fold, pick up things off the floor (trip hazards) and clean up spills. Not possible when 1 or more arms are burdened with carrying a pile of garments. Every night from the mandate, for 10 days, bilateral shoulder pain-level 3. Emergencyu diagnosed "sprain". Bilateral shoulder injuries (multiple partial tears, full labral tear). I have a high pain tolerance; yet level 6-8.1st MRI showed 20% partial tear. 2cnd MRI, 1 yr. later, 50%.No physician in local market would order arthroscopic repairs. Ret'd me to work as a door greeter. At 1st, affected (r) arm/shoulder.Chronic guarding now affects jaw line, temples, neck, upper back, shoulders, arms, hands, mid back-extreme fatigue! I complained to all local physicians but no response.After 16 months of waiting for order for surgery, I left local market to find a physician anywhere who would properly examine and order repairs. Found a dr. who does IME's & he did an IME style exam. He ordered bilateral MRI's.Now increased to 50% partial tears.Wal~Mart also violated my TAD(temp assignment contract); re-quested me to stock as a door greeter (short handed) - had to ask manager to open stock w/their box knife-couldn't move my right arm independently. After several weeks of this, body went into spasm which affected my whole upper extremeties down to low back.Could barely stand, walk, sit, or get up from sitting or turn my neck at all. Level 6-8 pain with any movement. Started fascia trauma therapy. Not one IME examiner reported accurately and all did poor exam. Last IME 12.5.13 said "not work related" which closed my claim. My surgeon followed suit to get his bills paid and concurred, issuing a report "not work related". Dr. Lacey said the same thing, blaming my conditions on "old age". He was rude, did a poor exam and treated me like a rat in an experiment. When he asked me a question, when I looked to see what he typed on cpu he jerked the screen out of my view & said, "You are not looking at what I type!" I couldn't answer his question as he wouldn't let me see what he typed.He did x-rays & it was reported "transverse processes".I asked an LMP what is a transverse process from? LMP said "overly tight muscles." Pretty simple. Yet, Dr. Lacey covertly destroyed my subjective reporting on mechanism of injury and violation of TAD by Wal~Mart managers by stating, "not work related. This is called poor exam ethics and poor reporting. There is a website that discusses how to do a shoulder injury exam called AOEM. Not one physician on this claim did this exam. When I left the local area and found the dr. who does IME's and became my AP, he's the only one who did an exam even close to the AOEM website discussion on occupational injuries. Rate at 0.