Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

by Shannon Hicks on May 29th, 2016

Wonderful care and treatment. Spends quality time

Abosolutely recommend show details Abosolutely recommend
Apr 30th, 2016

Had significant surgery which returned my hearing in one ear to normal, after wearing a hearing aid in that ear for a year. Right doctor with the right diagnosis and thankfully, an option to repair.

No Bedside Manner show details No Bedside Manner
Mar 8th, 2016

Dr.McGrew did ear surgery on me a few days ago and when I woke up in the recovery room he never came to talk to me about how my surgery went. My family had to ask a nurse to page him and the nurse came back to say he was busy. This doctor couldn't even take 2 or 3 minutes out of his day to come and talk to my family and I and tell us how my surgery went. When we finally got his fellow on the phone (that was the only way we could reach her) she finally explained that there was a complication and that's why the surgery took longer than expected. So right after my ear surgery where there was a complication no one came to my room and talked to me about it. This doctor has absolutely no bedside manner and no common courtesy to come and talk to patients after surgery. I have never seen a doctor who doesn't talk to patients and families after surgery. That is unacceptable

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
Feb 17th, 2014

Dr. McGrew is brilliant; he listens to my concerns and I feel that he actually cares about my health. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering from ear problems or balance issues.

Disrespectful, Rude, Impolite show details Disrespectful, Rude, Impolite
Oct 20th, 2012

Would not listen to my explanation, in a rush, short and cynical with me, impatient, and acted superior. Truly felt uncared for. Definitely will not be back or recommend to anyone. Avoid this physician at all cost.

Dr, McGrew show details Dr, McGrew
Jun 29th, 2012

Answered all my questions to my satisfaction post surgery...Because scan was not indicative of all my problems I signed to have any poblems locaed during surgery repaired and he did. outcome very satifactory and will be following up with him with all future visits regardless that i have to travel several hours....past doctors never fixed my problem.

Excellent provider show details Excellent provider
Apr 10th, 2012

Showed up at UAB ENT at 12:30 for a 2:30pm appointment. Was inprocessed right away, administered hearing and other diagnostic tests. Met with Dr. McGrew shortly thereafter to confirm diagnosis and establish follow-up treatment plan. Completely satisfied with visit. Would definitely recommend him for other ENT issues.

Jun 4th, 2011

I really enjoy visiting Dr. McGrew! He is very professional and the staff seem very caring. He did all test possible to find out why I was having dizzy spells and trying to ease them aong with the tiniutus in my ears. Very caring!!

SEEMS SELF-INVOLVED show details SEEMS SELF-INVOLVED
Mar 20th, 2011

I spent several months with Dr. McGrew treating a loss of hearing problem and severe tinnitus. He couldn't offer me anything but steroids the 2nd visit and seems kind of disinterested in my trouble. I couldn't recommend him to anyone. He doesn't apppear to be very innovative.

cattle prod attitude show details cattle prod attitude
by Donald Edwards on Oct 17th, 2010

We had two meeting in which he said three things that he later could not recall. He seemed curt as if he basically could care less about me as a patient. After 4 visits, I realized that he never actully thought about my illness much. He is a typical textbook doctor. Do not reccommend!

textbook type doctor show details textbook type doctor
by Roland Davys on Aug 11th, 2010

Saw Ben McGrew, MD for 8 months and I felt like I came away wiuth next to nothing but a bit bill and no real answers nto my problems with my hearing. He was vague and often only told me PART of the info I need to make the right decision. I am sad that he does not take more of an interest in his patients and not run people through like cattle for the $$.

dr. McGrew show details dr. McGrew
by john holey on Mar 23rd, 2010

Looks clean, but seems to take the easy route to diagnostics, the familiar. When people are sicj they need innovation and enthusiam....he lacks that.