Dr. Benjamin McGrew Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin McGrew?

Outstanding

Posted on June 19th, 2017

Will go back if needed

Excellent Physician & Surgeon

Posted on August 29th, 2016

I am 5 mos.out from surgery/treatment for advanced cancer. Dr. McGrew was a surgeon that went the extra mile to increase my chances of survival. He took the time to explain in detail his findings and the surgery he performed. I saw him last week and he took the time to tell me about a similar case that would serve to give me inspiration and hope.

Posted on May 29th, 2016

Wonderful care and treatment. Spends quality time

Abosolutely recommend

Posted on May 1st, 2016

Had significant surgery which returned my hearing in one ear to normal, after wearing a hearing aid in that ear for a year. Right doctor with the right diagnosis and thankfully, an option to repair.

No Bedside Manner

Posted on March 8th, 2016

Dr.McGrew did ear surgery on me a few days ago and when I woke up in the recovery room he never came to talk to me about how my surgery went. My family had to ask a nurse to page him and the nurse came back to say he was busy. This doctor couldn't even take 2 or 3 minutes out of his day to come and talk to my family and I and tell us how my surgery went. When we finally got his fellow on the phone (that was the only way we could reach her) she finally explained that there was a complication and that's why the surgery took longer than expected. So right after my ear surgery where there was a complication no one came to my room and talked to me about it. This doctor has absolutely no bedside manner and no common courtesy to come and talk to patients after surgery. I have never seen a doctor who doesn't talk to patients and families after surgery. That is unacceptable

Great doctor!

Posted on February 17th, 2014

Dr. McGrew is brilliant; he listens to my concerns and I feel that he actually cares about my health. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering from ear problems or balance issues.

Disrespectful, Rude, Impolite

Posted on October 20th, 2012

Would not listen to my explanation, in a rush, short and cynical with me, impatient, and acted superior. Truly felt uncared for. Definitely will not be back or recommend to anyone. Avoid this physician at all cost.

Dr, McGrew

Posted on June 29th, 2012

Answered all my questions to my satisfaction post surgery...Because scan was not indicative of all my problems I signed to have any poblems locaed during surgery repaired and he did. outcome very satifactory and will be following up with him with all future visits regardless that i have to travel several hours....past doctors never fixed my problem.

Excellent provider

Posted on April 10th, 2012

Showed up at UAB ENT at 12:30 for a 2:30pm appointment. Was inprocessed right away, administered hearing and other diagnostic tests. Met with Dr. McGrew shortly thereafter to confirm diagnosis and establish follow-up treatment plan. Completely satisfied with visit. Would definitely recommend him for other ENT issues.

Posted on June 5th, 2011

I really enjoy visiting Dr. McGrew! He is very professional and the staff seem very caring. He did all test possible to find out why I was having dizzy spells and trying to ease them aong with the tiniutus in my ears. Very caring!!

SEEMS SELF-INVOLVED

Posted on March 20th, 2011

I spent several months with Dr. McGrew treating a loss of hearing problem and severe tinnitus. He couldn't offer me anything but steroids the 2nd visit and seems kind of disinterested in my trouble. I couldn't recommend him to anyone. He doesn't apppear to be very innovative.

cattle prod attitude

Posted on October 18th, 2010

We had two meeting in which he said three things that he later could not recall. He seemed curt as if he basically could care less about me as a patient. After 4 visits, I realized that he never actully thought about my illness much. He is a typical textbook doctor. Do not reccommend!