Dr. Benjamin Peeler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Peeler?

Our Daughter's Surgery

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Dr. Peeler is one of the best heart doctors in the country. When it comes to placing your trust in a doctor to perform surgery on the finest of hearts, he is the gentleman to do it. Hands down. Our daughter was born with Tetrology of Fallot and he was able to do the repair at six months. She is doing perfectly and we know when it is time for her to have her valve replaced, we know exactly who to see! Thank you Dr. Peeler, you saved our daughter!

Posted on August 12th, 2015

Our three year old son was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Dr. Peeler performed the Norwood, Glenn, and Fontan procedures on our son. We cannot express how thankful we are for Dr. Peeler and his team at Levine Children's Hospital. We met Dr. Peeler when I was 18 weeks pregnant with our son and had just received the news of our son's condition. After meeting him and discussing with him the procedures, my husband and I felt confident that he was the surgeon for us. We were not wrong. Dr. Peeler was excellent and our son is doing well today because of him and his team! He is the best of the best!

Terrific Surgeon

Posted on September 17th, 2014

Dr. Peeler did a terrific job of replacing my Pulmonary Valve. The operation was only 4 hours long, and I was only in the hospital for 4 days. You can't beat that! I'm 54 years old, which is much older than his normal patients. This was my 3rd open-heart surgery, with my previous one when I was 13 years old. His staff (at the Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute) as well as the people in the CMC-Charlotte Hospital were all great. My thanks again to each and every one of you!

Excellent Surgeon

Posted on August 14th, 2014

I was very happy with Dr Benjamin Peeler and his Staff for performing surgery on my one year old son. After the surgery my son has recovered very well and thanks to God and Doctor that everything went very well. Dr Peeler and his staff are highly qualified professionals and they know very well what they are doing and doing surgeries in a highly stressful environment with precision and accuracy speaks about their experience and knowledge on the subject. They are the best. They did an excellent job. Thanks again.

Posted on April 14th, 2014

Dr. Peeler and his staff were very attentive to our son's needs and our needs before, during, and after our son's open-heart surgery. Dr. Peeler and his staff were very friendly and professional throughout our experience at Levine Children's Hospital. The doctor and his staff work great together and as a team. They did a great job! Thank you so much for taking care of our son.

Highly recommended

Posted on August 25th, 2013

I knew Dr. Peeler was invested in my son's care when he called me on a Saturday afternoon to discuss whether my son was a candidate for correction of his pectus excavatum. We had been pursuing a surgeon locally but that didn't work out and I am VERY glad it didn't because it lead us to Dr. Peeler. My son was the most severe case he had ever seen and I want to cry every time I see my son without a shirt, it is nothing short of miraculous. I just wish I had found him sooner. Daniel is now a healthy 6'6 teenager, playing the trombone, rock climbing and doing everything else his peers do. Thank you Dr. Peeler!

Brings hope.

Posted on May 20th, 2013

Not going to get sentimental or anything. You have a child that is born with a heart defect. This is the guy. Do whatever it takes for him to be your childs surgeon. What ever it takes.....

Posted on June 17th, 2012

My son was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, one of the most complicated congential heart defects in which the left side of the heart is undersized and non-functional. Dr. Peeler performed three staged open heart surgeries as needed for this condition: the Sano-Norwood (with aortic graft), Bi-lateral Glenn and Extracardiac Fontan. All the surgeries were text-book perfect! Today, my son is a happy and active seven-year old, making outstanding grades in school, playing soccer and acting like any other normal kid, thanks to Dr. Peeler's skill. He is also very approachable and explains everything well - great bedside manner. Charlotte is fortunate to have Dr. Peeler so close - we miss him at UVA! I'm glad my son completed all his surgeries before Dr. Peeler relocated. Thank you Dr. Peeler!

Posted on October 14th, 2011

There are not many surgeons who perform surgery for Pectus Excavatum and we were more than happy to take our son wherever necessary for him to have this problem corrected. But it turned out we did not have to go far to find one of the best in the country! We were truly lucky to have someone with Dr. Peeler's expertise and experience available to us. Dr. Peeler was very caring and took great care of our son. He did not rush and took things one step at a time in the days after the surgery which allowed for a problem-free healing. He has also chosen a terrific team to work with him which is also vital to the entire process and they deserve credit as well.We would have travelled to wherever to have Dr. Peeler as our son's surgeon!

Posted on September 17th, 2011

Our experience with Dr. Peeler was excellent. He is very knowledgeable in his field.

Amazing pediatric cardiac surgeon

Posted on September 14th, 2011

My husband and I knew Dr Ben Peeler professionally long before our daughter required open heart surgery. As an anesthesiologist at His former hospital, I completed my residency watching Dr. Peeler perform miracles on children, from neonates to young adults. When our own daughter was diagnosed with an av canal, we looked into many places (children's hospital of Philadelphia, boston children's, etc) and after all our research, our decision was still easy - Dr Peeler would do our daughters heart surgery. He is incredibly talented as a surgeon, and his decision making is excellent. He has the years of experience you want in a surgeon, and his bedside manner is caring and compassionate as well as professional. His support staff is excellent and Levine Children's Hospital is a beautiful and comfortable new facility. Our daughter had heart surgery one month ago, and left the hospital after three days. No one could believe it. Her result was amazing. We feel so grateful to Dr Peeler, our decision to go out of state for our daughter's surgery was difficult, but worth the travel. Dr Peeler is one of the best in the field, and this is coming from a mother of one of his patients as well as from an anesthesiologist who has seen his skillful work in the operating room first hand.

Posted on October 6th, 2017