Dr. Benjamin Potkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 22nd, 2016
Dr Potkin was great, he spent the time with me I needed, was very thorough and kind. Great guy!

April 28th, 2015
What an AWESOME doctor
I was going to another dr. when he really did not know what was wrong with my heart! Then I went to Dr. Potkin and he new right away what was wrong. He spent a good amount of time with me explaining what was going on and he is sooo kind,and also knows his stuff. I have never had problems with the staff they are all kind and respectful. The t.v. is on for the people in the waiting room. I have never seen the staff watching it. If I have to wait for awhile I know it is because he gives such time and attention to All of his paitients. This man is a wonderful Dr. and I would recommend him to everyone! He even called me at my home!

June 4th, 2013
We "love" Dr. Potkin
We would give anything if he was the only Doctor we have to see. He listens, he cares, he treats us both with the best of care and advice. We okay everything that is said or is going to be done to us, by Doctors, with Dr. Potkin right away for his okay. The staff has ALWAYS been friendly and helpful. Our wait time has not been over 15 minutes.

May 28th, 2013
Poor way to treat the sick...
Staff bully patients....doc a no show....environment dirty and smelly...it's plain that they don't care about patients...staff would rather watch soap operas on tv...not going back

February 10th, 2013
The best
Dr Potkins is the best doctor I have seen. He did not lie to me and told me the truth. He was straight and to the point and gave me all the options of treatment

August 18th, 2011
Boo hoo
I decided to leave some feedback for Dr. Potkin (my doctor for 4-5 years now) because I saw these other comments when searching his name. It seems to me only the most altogether personally unpleasant and upset patients would set out to spend their time to leave bad comments about someone. My personal experience with Dr. Potkin is great. My primary care doctor referred me to him for a cardiology work-up and I ended up being treated for heart disease with a defibrillator and came out of the experience with Dr. Potkin feeling 100 times better than I did and I owe him 100% of the credit. So unlike the two below comments I had a great experience. (I too had multiple test done.... you're lucky they turned out to be "normal". How would you know they were normal without actually doing the tests???) Go to Dr. Potkin for his experience and professionalism and you won't be steered in the wrong direction.

June 4th, 2011
Never saw Dr.Potkin despite 5 appointments. I saw Alex who was introduced as a doctor and I later found out he was a PA. The office ran multiple tests on me, and in the end I was told everything was normal. Office very disorganized. Doctor talking on cell phone during appointment about personal matters. I have to say--it has been the worst experience with any doctor in Santa Cruz. Definitely not "the best"

May 29th, 2011
7 years with Dr. Potkin
I have been Dr.Potkin's patient for nearly 7 yrs. I have always enjoyed the Dr. himself and he always takes time to listen to me and take issues seriously. He's kept me alive this long and he is a good physician.However, his staff leave a great deal to be desired. My average wait for him is TWO HOURS. No, I'm not kidding. During one of those 2 hour waits, I was told repeatedly that he would just be a few more minutes. Imagine my shock when I found out he was not even IN THE BUILDING and never had been! Not his fault, he was in emergency saving a life and had no idea how his staff was handling it. Most of his patients are little old people who need help getting to the dr. It is no small feat for them to get dressed obtain a ride and sit for that long a period of time in uncomfortable chairs. I hate to think of them being afraid to speak up for themselves. One of his technicians accidentally got a little rough with me during a nuclear stress test and injured my arm. I didn't make a big fuss, it was an accident, and it was just a strained rotator cuff, but I felt it should be brought to Dr. Potkin's attention. His response was sympathetic enough. However when it came time to do the test again, he called to tell me that his technician was not willing to perform it and I would need to find another place to get the test done. I was shocked!!!! It is well documented that she did indeed injure my shoulder, my primary care physician treated me for it. I had completely forgotten about it, it's been two years. I shudder to think how many other older patients she has injured who are not able or afraid to speak up for themselves as I have. There have been a few other blatant incidents along these lines over the years. I really enjoy Dr. Potkin and wish I could keep him as my physician, but under the circumstances, his staff has become so difficult I'd rather start over again with a new doctor. It's a real shame.

May 18th, 2011
The Best!
Excellent doctor. I wish he was my only doctor for everything. He really cares about his patients and never treats you like just a number. He always remembers me and about me no matter how long between visits. Dr. Potkin is my hero in saving my life.

September 15th, 2010
Energetic and accurate
I have been seeing doctor potkin for about a year now and I must admit although it is hard to get a morning appointment with him he is there for you when it really counts and is unparalleled in the area when it comes to surgery. He is one of the most energetic doctors i have met and strives for accuracy.

September 10th, 2010
great doctor
The most skilled in the Monterey Bay area.