Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Jan 6th, 2015

If you're looking for a doctor who thinks you're lying to him about your insulin pump having issues, or for a doctor who will deny you medical clearance for surgery to have possible cancer removed, by all means, go to Dr. Quintana. I've been a patient of Dr. Quintana's for the past 2 years. He is well aware that I am as brittle a Type 1 diabetic as they come. He is also well aware that my a1C levels are currently the best they've ever been out of the 25 years I've had diabetes. Mind-bogglingly, though, he has decided not to clear me for surgery to remove a possible sarcoma. Considering the fact that I have both a personal and family history of cancer, this is inexcusable. He claims that the incision will get infected. Funny how I've had multiple surgeries in the past with my blood sugars under far worse control than they are now and never once have I gotten an infection. I broke my leg last winter; the surgery to repair it required an incision half the length of my calf. No infection. I've had my ACL repaired; no infection. I've had lymph nodes removed, melanoma excised, and a fibroid the size of a grapefruit removed; no infection from any of those surgeries, either. The fact that Dr. Quintana refuses to clear me for surgery to remove possible cancer is inexcusable. Do yourself a favor and find another endocrinologist. I certainly will be.

A True Professional show details A True Professional
by Rich A. on Oct 5th, 2013

I met Dr. Quintana this year after my previous endo doctor retired, Dr. Quintana is a very nice doctor and his staff is friendly and courteous. He spent a lot of time with me, helped get my thyroid medication level set, and answered any questions that I had. It was very easy to get an appt. and follow up for medication and appts. His staff was awesome and treated me professionally. One of the thngs that I look for in a doctor is a sense of humor, kindness, and one who is happy in his/her profession. Dr. Quintana has exceeded in all aspect. I would highly recommend Dr. Quintana and I'm thankful that I met him and appreciate all of his efforts.