Dr. Benjamin Shadle MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 26th, 2016
Sleeve Gastrectomy
Three months ago I had a sleeve gastrectomy performed by Dr. Benjamin Shadle. I have lost 57 pounds so far and I am off all of my blood pressure medications (4 total), my cholesterol level is under the normal range, I no longer am diabetic, all my vitamin levels are great, and I have had no issues with any foods and I can drink fluids like I did before surgery. I truly believe my progress and the fact that I have had no issues with eating or drinking is due to Dr. Shadle’s expertise as a surgeon and a doctor. He is my miracle worker. When I told him that he of course wouldn’t take any of the credit and told me I did all the work. I can’t thank him enough for literally giving me my life back. When every diet and exercise program I tried failed, the procedure he performed on me didn’t. For anyone contemplating this surgery, I hope you follow through and do it AND, if you do, I hope you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Shadle as your surgeon. He is the best, most kind, and compassionate doctor I have ever met. His staff is professional and very welcoming as well. Thank you again Dr. Shadle for helping me to live a longer, healthier, and happier life.

March 11th, 2014
It's my pleasure to say that Dr. Shadle and his staff rock! They actively worked with me to get me to surgery. I can honestly say that from the beginning to the end I was treated with the upmost respect. I can't single out Dr. Shadle specifically because it was him and his staff.

March 7th, 2014
I hope this helps someone out when choosing the surgeon to do your surgery. After completing everything with another surgeon in the area to find out she doesn't like the procedure I've decided on and was quite rude and unwilling to listen I thought to myself it was time to find someone else. Dr. Shadle came highly recommend by my primary care so I went with the recommendation. Gosh, what a difference in staff and surgeons. A complete 180 is an understatement. I was instantly greeted with a smile upon stepping foot in the office. Met with the doctor and he actually listened! He spent a good 30 mins with me and my husband answering our questions in detail and didn't rush me through. I then met with the surgery coordinator, again very nice young lady and seemed competent. My visit ended on a good note and a lot of stress alleviated. Since then I've been in constant contact with christin, the surery coordinator and working my way to surgery yay! I love that they send emails every now and then to check my progress, so I don't fall through the cracks. Dr. Shadle is awesome and so is his staff, thank you Northern California surgical associates!

February 24th, 2014
Lack of Concern Over Patient Privacy
Due to privacy concerns (and past identity theft), I declined to provide a copy of my driver's licence to the office manager, Lisa. I did, however, offer to show my license each and every time I made a visit. She declined to allow this and when I asked to see the doctor, she refused to allow me to do so, saying he refused to speak with me about the policy and he was too busy. She then threatened to have me removed from the office when I said I would be willing to wait until he had some time to speak with me. To this day, Dr. Shadle has refused to reply to either of my letters to him nor has he made an attempt to speak to me about what occurred. My other review was removed, so in the interest of full disclosure, I am re-writing this so that prospective patients are aware that this may or may not be an issue for them. To me, if I am treated poorly by staff (and my concerns are ignored by the doctor) it is a sign that this medical professional's office is not the right one for me.

January 20th, 2014
He is a great surgeon!!!
Dr. Shadle has a great bedside manner. He is excellent in the latest bariatric techniques. The surgery was easy to recover from. I was back to work in a little over a week and I had a full rouxeny. I would choose him all over again and would refer my closest friends and family. He is caring, trustworthy, and very skilled.

October 10th, 2013
Excellent Care
I have been very impressed with care I have received from Dr.Shadle and his staff. From the time you enter his office you feel like you're at home. The office provides fresh fruit to all of their patients and everyone has a smile. Dr. Shadle is compassionate and listened to my concerns about bariatric surgery. I'm ready to begin my journey to a thinner life. I'm impressed by the level of organization and expertise provided by the staff. I'm in good hands, thank you Dr. Shadle.

October 4th, 2013
I spent countless hours researching not only the different procedures, but also the local surgeons. I've called multiple offices, went to their support groups and always left feeling unsure. I continued with my search in hopes of finding a practice/doctor who is not only intelligent but had great bedside manner and staff. It was important to me to feel comfortable for I was about to endure a life altering procedure. I needed to know that I'd be cared for before and after surgery. The initial call from Kristen, bariatric coordinator was pleasant. She was very friendly over the phone and made me feel as if she genuinely cared for me and my situation. Upon arriving for my consult I was greeted by the receptionist with a friendly smile and a professional manner. I met with dr.shadle and was amazed by his ability to make a confusing process seem so simple. You could see his passion for what he does. Dr. Shadle was honest and for that I trusted him with everything. I then had the opportunity to meet with Kristen and she again made me feel so comfortable, like I was talking to a friend. I'm embarrassed to say, but I was stressed and overloaded with information. It got the best of me and I broke down, with no hesitation she comforted me and ensured that I was not alone. I can't thank the office enough for such high quality of care. I'm 3 weeks post op and am doing great! I have dr. Shadle and his wonderful staff to thank! They were and continue to be my support system. For the first time since I was a teenager I have confidence in myself and look forward to the future!

April 27th, 2013
Dr. Shadle
I searched far and wide for a doctor and a Center of Excellence before coming across Dr. Shadle and his staff. I knew immediately upon meeting Dr. Shadle that this is where I belonged. He and his staff made the entire process, from the pre-surgical support programs to surgery and to the post surgical support programs, so easy. Dr. Shadle explained everything to me, answered any question that I came up with and made me feel very comfortable in the process. In today's fast-paced world of busy, busy, busy, Dr. Shadle takes the time to stop and listen. He gives genuine answers and truly cares about his patients. Dr. Shadle also has a bedside manner that is non-existent with most physicians today. He is a truly impressive, caring and kind individual. I am grateful to him for helping me reach my life goals and I know that I made the right decision. Thank you Dr. Shadle! :)

March 23rd, 2013
awesome Doc
Dr. Shadle, is the best, I had decided to pursue a gastric bypass due to the fact I had diabetes. I did not click with the first surgeon I saw and so I decided to get a 2nd opinion and I'm so very greatful I did. What a wonderful man, very professional!!!! I felt calm and reassured that he really knows his stuff. He really loves what he does and loves to help people, it shows. I will always appreciate his kindness towards me and all the support he has shown me. My surgery has been very successful and I will always be greatful to Dr Shadle. I left the hospital without having to take any more insulin or highblood pressure meds. Oh happy day!!!! As far as the staff in his office.....they are amazing. Thank you to all of you.

March 7th, 2013
THE BEST DOCTOR
Dr. Benjamin Shadle is the best doctor i have ever came across. he has excellent bedside manners and he really cares about his patients. He never rushes an appointment and always answers every question and concern and explains it very well. I will recommend him to anyone.

August 8th, 2012
Dr. Shadle has been one of the best doctors I have seen in years.He is very tenative and honest to my concerns. I will and I already have, referred friends to his practice and all with good reviews. He always takes the time to hear my concerns with the deepest empathy. His office staff has been very professional and caring when I have called in. Too bad he could not be my GP physician.

August 3rd, 2012
Dr. Shadle took the time to explain and answer my questions. Office staff is very professional. Would recommend him for surgery to anyone because he gives the impression that he truly cares and knows what he's doing.