Benjamin D Shadle, MD

8120 Timberlake Way
Ste 109
Sacramento, CA 95823
916-688-7000
Locations and availability (2)

by Bill on Mar 11th, 2014

It's my pleasure to say that Dr. Shadle and his staff rock! They actively worked with me to get me to surgery. I can honestly say that from the beginning to the end I was treated with the upmost respect. I can't single out Dr. Shadle specifically because it was him and his staff.

by Ashley on Mar 7th, 2014

I hope this helps someone out when choosing the surgeon to do your surgery. After completing everything with another surgeon in the area to find out she doesn't like the procedure I've decided on and was quite rude and unwilling to listen I thought to myself it was time to find someone else. Dr. Shadle came highly recommend by my primary care so I went with the recommendation. Gosh, what a difference in staff and surgeons. A complete 180 is an understatement. I was instantly greeted with a smile upon stepping foot in the office. Met with the doctor and he actually listened! He spent a good 30 mins with me and my husband answering our questions in detail and didn't rush me through. I then met with the surgery coordinator, again very nice young lady and seemed competent. My visit ended on a good note and a lot of stress alleviated. Since then I've been in constant contact with christin, the surery coordinator and working my way to surgery yay! I love that they send emails every now and then to check my progress, so I don't fall through the cracks. Dr. Shadle is awesome and so is his staff, thank you Northern California surgical associates!

|  Lack of Concern Over Patient Privacy  |  show details
by Amy on Feb 24th, 2014

Due to privacy concerns (and past identity theft), I declined to provide a copy of my driver's licence to the office manager, Lisa. I did, however, offer to show my license each and every time I made a visit. She declined to allow this and when I asked to see the doctor, she refused to allow me to do so, saying he refused to speak with me about the policy and he was too busy. She then threatened to have me removed from the office when I said I would be willing to wait until he had some time to speak with me. To this day, Dr. Shadle has refused to reply to either of my letters to him nor has he made an attempt to speak to me about what occurred. My other review was removed, so in the interest of full disclosure, I am re-writing this so that prospective patients are aware that this may or may not be an issue for them. To me, if I am treated poorly by staff (and my concerns are ignored by the doctor) it is a sign that this medical professional's office is not the right one for me.

|  He is a great surgeon!!!  |  show details
by Carly S on Jan 20th, 2014

Dr. Shadle has a great bedside manner. He is excellent in the latest bariatric techniques. The surgery was easy to recover from. I was back to work in a little over a week and I had a full rouxeny. I would choose him all over again and would refer my closest friends and family. He is caring, trustworthy, and very skilled.

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2013

I have been very impressed with care I have received from Dr.Shadle and his staff. From the time you enter his office you feel like you're at home. The office provides fresh fruit to all of their patients and everyone has a smile. Dr. Shadle is compassionate and listened to my concerns about bariatric surgery. I'm ready to begin my journey to a thinner life. I'm impressed by the level of organization and expertise provided by the staff. I'm in good hands, thank you Dr. Shadle.

Oct 4th, 2013

I spent countless hours researching not only the different procedures, but also the local surgeons. I've called multiple offices, went to their support groups and always left feeling unsure. I continued with my search in hopes of finding a practice/doctor who is not only intelligent but had great bedside manner and staff. It was important to me to feel comfortable for I was about to endure a life altering procedure. I needed to know that I'd be cared for before and after surgery. The initial call from Kristen, bariatric coordinator was pleasant. She was very friendly over the phone and made me feel as if she genuinely cared for me and my situation. Upon arriving for my consult I was greeted by the receptionist with a friendly smile and a professional manner. I met with dr.shadle and was amazed by his ability to make a confusing process seem so simple. You could see his passion for what he does. Dr. Shadle was honest and for that I trusted him with everything. I then had the opportunity to meet with Kristen and she again made me feel so comfortable, like I was talking to a friend. I'm embarrassed to say, but I was stressed and overloaded with information. It got the best of me and I broke down, with no hesitation she comforted me and ensured that I was not alone. I can't thank the office enough for such high quality of care. I'm 3 weeks post op and am doing great! I have dr. Shadle and his wonderful staff to thank! They were and continue to be my support system. For the first time since I was a teenager I have confidence in myself and look forward to the future!

|  Dr. Shadle  |  show details
by Kristine D. on Apr 27th, 2013

I searched far and wide for a doctor and a Center of Excellence before coming across Dr. Shadle and his staff. I knew immediately upon meeting Dr. Shadle that this is where I belonged. He and his staff made the entire process, from the pre-surgical support programs to surgery and to the post surgical support programs, so easy. Dr. Shadle explained everything to me, answered any question that I came up with and made me feel very comfortable in the process. In today's fast-paced world of busy, busy, busy, Dr. Shadle takes the time to stop and listen. He gives genuine answers and truly cares about his patients. Dr. Shadle also has a bedside manner that is non-existent with most physicians today. He is a truly impressive, caring and kind individual. I am grateful to him for helping me reach my life goals and I know that I made the right decision. Thank you Dr. Shadle! :)

|  awesome Doc  |  show details
by Teri M on Mar 23rd, 2013

Dr. Shadle, is the best, I had decided to pursue a gastric bypass due to the fact I had diabetes. I did not click with the first surgeon I saw and so I decided to get a 2nd opinion and I'm so very greatful I did. What a wonderful man, very professional!!!! I felt calm and reassured that he really knows his stuff. He really loves what he does and loves to help people, it shows. I will always appreciate his kindness towards me and all the support he has shown me. My surgery has been very successful and I will always be greatful to Dr Shadle. I left the hospital without having to take any more insulin or highblood pressure meds. Oh happy day!!!! As far as the staff in his office.....they are amazing. Thank you to all of you.

|  THE BEST DOCTOR  |  show details
by RUTH on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Benjamin Shadle is the best doctor i have ever came across. he has excellent bedside manners and he really cares about his patients. He never rushes an appointment and always answers every question and concern and explains it very well. I will recommend him to anyone.

|  The best bariatric surgeon in Sacramento  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

I first met Dr. Shadle in March 2012, due to complications from gastric bypass surgery performed at UCSF. Dr. Shadle came to my room to introduce him self as the surgeon that would perform emergency surgery due to a shadow around my pouch that was seen on a CT scan. Dr. Shadle was so kind, gentle and allowed me to explain my fears. He reassured me that I would be fine and that he would be with me till I was 100% fine, and here we are four surgery's later and he still with me. After the original surgery I developed more problems which Dr. Shadle without hesitation and always taking my fears and my questions into account. He would come and see me every day and he made sure before he discharged me that I would be fine. Every person or member of his practice is always very helpful and aware of each patient as an individual. I have regretted that he did not do my original surgery. There is so much to say about Dr. Shadle, but if I had to summarize He is excellent, I am living proof that this doctor works for the best interest of the patient. He is genuinely concern, he listens, caring, professional. Thank you Dr. Shadle for making every effort possible to make me feel better, thank you for always caring and making sure that I will be ok, hospitals are not the place where you want to be, but with Dr. Shadle looking after you, you just know things will be better. My family and friends are thankful that you were the Doctor on call the night I came in through the emergency room at Methodist. Thank you, I will never stop thanking you, or your staff. I am sure that you saved my life and improved my quality of life as well.

|  Esopigus  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2012

I had the gastric bypass surgery in 2001the and everything went fine thanks to Dr. DONALD Waldrup. About 18Monday months ago I started having trouble swallowing food. My primary doctor sent me to Dr. Islamic, who by the way is not a very good doctor. I was seen by this doctor 3to times and not once edit he reverberated take my temperature. So, for months I misty lived with thus pain and not being able to eat. Finally, a new doctor came to town, Dr. Shadle. In June Dr. Shadle did the surgery and life was normal for about 9o days. All I know is when I needed surgery, Dr. Shadle was there and actually helped me. Now if I need a second surgery, I know Dr. Shadle will do the right thing and not just make me live witty it. I would recommend Dr. Shadle to anyone.

Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Shadle has been one of the best doctors I have seen in years.He is very tenative and honest to my concerns. I will and I already have, referred friends to his practice and all with good reviews. He always takes the time to hear my concerns with the deepest empathy. His office staff has been very professional and caring when I have called in. Too bad he could not be my GP physician.

Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Shadle took the time to explain and answer my questions. Office staff is very professional. Would recommend him for surgery to anyone because he gives the impression that he truly cares and knows what he's doing.

Aug 3rd, 2012

I will highly recommend him to my friends if they needed the same procedure done. He was a good listener. He exceeded my expectations. He was really good. Definitely would go back if I had to have surgery again. The office staff were really professional. The ambience of the office was so calming. Overall a great experience.

Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr,Shadle is tops in my book. From the moment I met him he has been totally honest with me, advising against what he felt was unnecessary surgery and scheduling the surgery I needed promptly. He made sure that I fully understood what he would do and every possible outcome. In every way he was caring and thoughtful to me and to my family. He performed the surgery successfully and with the least possible inconvenience to me. He and his staff were thoughtful, friendly and did everything possible to put me at ease at all times. The only reason i had to wait in his office was because I arrived early for my appointment. I have had surgery in the past and don't even remember the name of the doctor. I will not forget Dr. Shadle and if at all possible, I will return to him if the need arrises.

|  stay away  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Stay away from this doctor, he will unneccesarily operate on you.

May 23rd, 2012

I was sent to the ER by my primary care physician. After numerous tests, Dr Shadle explained the results of these tests along with his suggestions and my options. Dr Shadle had such a gentle and caring bedside manner, he made it a point to assure me he would be accessible if I had any concerns. I instantly felt I was in good hands. And I highly recommend Dr Shadle and his staff.

|  Dr. Shadle is great!  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

He is highly educated and extremely humble. He spent quite a bit of time with me during the office visit explaining all possible options for my ailment. He was extremely flexible and accommodating with me since I wanted to avoid surgery if at all possible. When it was clear I needed surgery (on a holiday) he answered his personal email and then made good on his promise to get me in for surgery ASAP. The outcome was great as was his follow up after the surgery. I highly recommend him!

Feb 15th, 2012

First he is nice man and did a very good job for me it was my first surgey at the age of 53 good job

|  Dr. Shadle is amazing  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

He has excellent personal/people skills and tremendous professional accomplishment. He has been wonderful to me, and I cannot imagine going though all that's necessary for my surgery - without him him. And he is very accessible.On this my second day out of surgery, I have done so well, and I'm attributing my low pain, no problem stay in the hospital so far to Dr. Shadle and the staff he has gathered around him.

Dec 22nd, 2011

Dr. Shadle was the best. I have every confidence in him. I would recommend him highly.

Oct 12th, 2011

I think that Dr Shadle truly cares about his patients, for him it seems more like a calling than a job. We had a great experience and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a very smart, professional, and caring surgeon.