Dr. Benjamin Shaffer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Shaffer?

Poor diagnosis and treatment

Posted on February 21st, 2014

I saw Dr Shaffer for help after a back injury. He misdiagnosed it and prescribed treatments that turned my minor injury into a disabling one. He seems like a nice guy but if you have neck or back issues, I recommend you see someone else.

Incredible Surgeon and Outstanding Man

Posted on January 16th, 2013

Dr. Shaffer is an awesome doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and explains everything to you in a combination of medical lingo and plain English. My knee surgery was a success and the follow up care was excellent. He selected the best physical therapist and my recovery was wonderful. I have recommended Dr. Shaffer without reservation to my friends and co-workers and will continue to do so until be no longer is practicing medicine.

Ben Shaffer is an excellent surgeon

Posted on June 4th, 2012

Dr. Ben Shaffer, of Washington Orthopedic and Sports Medicine (WOSM) is an absolutely wonderful doctor. He repaired a full tear rotator cuff, a very successful operation and has provided stellar follow up and care, attending to every need that I've had in the rehabilitation process. I recommend Dr. Shaffer without reservation for any type of joint surgery. I was especially impressed with his surgery center and staff there.

Outstanding surgeon + a great guy

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

Dr. Shaffer has performed 3 elbow surgeries on me and a difficult rotator cuff shoulder surgery on my wife. Two of my elbow surgeries he performed were after my surgeon at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN said that there was nothing more that he could do for me. The results were VERY good. Dr. Shaffer is an outstanding surgeon and a great guy in the opinions of both my wife and me.

Worth the wait

Posted on April 26th, 2010

I had a torn rotator cuff that was mishandled by two other doctors back in Michigan before I moved to DC so nothing was ever done to repair. Dr. Shaffer took care of the problem and showed great poise all the way through the process. Wait times in the office can be a headache, but I would easily use him again.

Dr. Shaffer, an excellent choice

Posted on May 22nd, 2009

The cartiledge in my right shoulder suddenly disappeared within the space of a few months. I was essentially left handed. Two doctors came to the same conclusion. Dr. Shaffer was the third opinion and he explained the situation to me in the clearest terms. I underwent partial shoulder replacement in Oct 2008. He was prepared for a full replacement but this was unnecessary. I began Physical Therapy 5 days after the operation. 5 months after the operation I played my first round of golf. I have 98% mobility now, 8 months after the operation, perhaps 65% strength but it is returning fast day by day. I attribute this to three things; the absolute expertise of Dr. Shaffer is first of these - he is the "shoulder doctor" in Washington DC. The second was the expertise of the physical therapist; and the third was a committment to the therapy...(I worked out as much as 2 hours a day for 5 months..then throttled back a bit). I can without reservation recommend Dr. Shaffer; he is quite simply the best in Washington DC in my opinion.

Posted on February 13th, 2017