Dr. Benjamin Teitelbaum Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Benjamin Teitelbaum?

August 15th, 2016

I shall NEVER return to this office!

I have never had a experience like this one.! It has bothered me so much that several years later, I am now stopping to write a review. When he first came in the room he was verbally abrupt and curt. When looking up my nose he held the instrument so tight on the other nostril, it hurt. Then he yelled at me several times for being tense, yet with the pain level, I was unable to relax. After which he sprayed some kind of chemical treatment into my nasal cavity and gave it an extra hefty dose. As a result my face swelled up for 2 days and it hurt. He appeared to be nervous or anxious and I am not sure why, as I was trying to cooperate. When I called at the end of the first day, stating my concern for the swelling, I was questioned as if I didn't know how I was feeling or knew how to evaluate the results. The treatment he provided was not effective for more than several years, so it looks like I am back at the drawing board, but this time I will find a doctor who will treat me carefully when I'm examined.

March 17th, 2016

Reading all the negative reviews kindda scared me at first but so far I've had nothing but good office appts and so far a good surgery. He seems to be very knowledgeable in the area I had a problem with. He has always been very pleasant and soft spoken and he smiles. Based on my experience so far, I'd recommend him to family and friends

February 17th, 2016

Office nurse sure doesn't like her job.

Had my tonsils out. Dr. T did a great job. Surgical staff was incredible. BUT the follow up by the office staff, particularly Renée, was inexcusable. I had to go into the offixed after a night in the ER and I felt as I'd I was bothering her. Come to find out, without her help or access to the dr. I had a massive sinus infection. Could have fixed it days earlier than detection if Renée was willing to listen and assist in my recovery. I will Not recommend this office to anyone because of her and her poor disposition toward me, a patient in need.

August 12th, 2014

Very Happy

I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Teiltelbaum. I was able to schedule an appointment within one day at Central California Ear, Nose, and Throat, and that appointment happened to be with Dr. Teiltelbaum. I had a growth in my nose and was about to go back to work (I'm a teacher). He examined me, and given he did not have anyone else waiting, he was able to remove the growth on the same visit. He was very professional, listened to me, and I would go back to him again.

January 24th, 2014

Rude doctor, do not see

We are patients at this doctors clinic. Our daughter had a serious throat inflammation that was affecting her breathing but they would only give us an appointment that was 3 months out. They said if she stopped breathing go to the ER! While at the office for an appoint with another type of doctor my wife saw Mr Teitelbaum and asked if he could just glance in my daughters throat because she was very worried. He looked at her with anger and she said please just 2 seconds. He responded "I don't have two seconds, I have 3 patients to see that are paying". But he didn't just leave it with his rude response, he then called for security to escort her out of the building!! I understand doctors are busy, but when a very worried parent asks about a potentially life threatening condition a doctor can at least turn down the request with some compassion and dignity. This man is no doctor. Would not see if I were dying.

October 23rd, 2013

Dr Lied to me about what was required by my insurance

I was referred to this doctor for a tonselectomy. He immediately said we needed to have a sleep apnea test performed and be on steroids and use a cpap machine for at least a month before the insurance would authorize a surger. Its been 4 months since I first saw him and he still did not pre authorize the tonselectomy surgery. I went back to my PCP and requested a referal to another doctor. He immediately reviewed my information and said I need surgery. My tonsils are now touching because of the delays caused by Teitelbaum. I have emergency surgery scheduled for the beginning of next week. Run and find another doctor. Do not waste your time with this doctor.

September 5th, 2013

Arrogant yells at patients, had tantrum, shockingly unprofessional!

My dad had a profuse nose bleed while at St Agony. He lost a lot of blood, after 3 hours of very poor care by the nurses and us family members assisting my dad (suctioning blood, cleaning out his mouth constantly, getting blood all over, holding ice pack on his nose, Squeezing his nose) so he Didnt choke in his blood, after demanding an ENT dr, Our family dr showed up after we contacted her because we were so upset they weren't treating dad for this profuse and seemingly dangerous nose bleed and no drs were showing up. Our family dr and another non-ENT dr who showed up late worked together in my dads room to temporarily insert a device to stop the bleeding. They said dads nose needed cauterizing because it was so profuse. 4 hours and still no ENT dr.... Note: THE DOCTORS SAID MY DADS NOSE NEEDED CAUTERIZATION and that dad needed something more because the bleeding wouldn't stop. My dad was transported down to prep. My sister and dad then got yelled at by Dr Teitelbaum when his majesty arrived- (it was a Sunday afternoon and he was in casual clothes so obviously he was upset we were interrupting his golf game or a social function). My dad was weak, tired from the infection and 3 hours of nose bleed and coughing and gurgling blood... only to go to be prepped for a procedure - only to have dr Teirtelbaum say "oh you don't need anything, you're fine! Why did you do this ? See what you did? You wasted all of our time and money! look at all the money that was spent on getting the room ready! And see all these people that had to be here for you?! ". He went on with the same rant , my sister and dad were shocked - and dr t is lucky I wasn't there. This guy may be nice to his golf buddies but he was a raving ranting arrogant dr who should have admonished and rebuked the drs who ordered my dad to the procedure prep room... If anyone should have been admonished or rebuked, it certainly wasn't my dad or sister who was by his side when dr teitelbaum had his mini-tantrum. If we had the power to order any drs around, he would've arrived much sooner and then we would fire him because he's so unprofessional. To clarify, my dad had insurance. so I'm not sure why dr t was so arrogant and used such a condescending tone saying the "taxpayers" had to pay for all the wasted costs related to my dad no longer needing the cauterizing. He's bad news. Stay away from him. There are plenty of other ENTs in Fresno or just go out of town- even better idea...

May 20th, 2010

No Respect

I waited three month's to get an appointment with this Doctor. The week before my appointment I get a call that he suddenly has surgery (I would be less cynical if it was not for the fact that my appointment was right before a long holiday) and instead of scheduling me sometime in the near future, he expected me to wait another three months. You may think this is a sign of how popular he is, but mind you, this is Fresno. Any doctor that is not facing some type of discipline has a three month wait period. I just cancelled my appointment and made one with a doctor in L.A. Frankly unless you have a chronic condition, I would just go with another doctor in a metropolitan area.

May 4th, 2017