inactive

Dr. Bennett Blitzer MD Patient Reviews

• Hepatology Cincinnati, OH

February 3rd, 2017
Excellent Specialist
He treated me for multiple issues with liver. He cured me of Hep C genotype 1a. I can't put into words how much I appreciated his carrying about the status of my liver and relating to my other major health issues.I received a letter yesterday telling me of his death. I will sorely miss him.

January 31st, 2017
A great man,Well respected,knowledge of information.
Dr.Blitzer help me more then you know.He was straight forward,,I respected that,He was known,all around the tri-state.Dr Blitzer had a gift.I KNOW THAT.when times were tuff for me,Dr.Blitzer always came through,Doctors wanted his craft.I will miss him,may prayers be with his family,colleagues,and friends.Richard Glauser

November 16th, 2015
Dr Blitzer is a rude man who thinks he is the best in the world.he has ABSOLUTELY NO BEDSIDE MANNER AND DOES NOT LISTEN WHEN YOU TALK..WHAT YOU SAY TO HIM MEANS NOTHING,IF YOU TALK HE WAVES YOU OFF OR WALKS OUT THE ROOM SAYING YEA YEA WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO HIM..THE YEA YEA HAPPENED AFTER A LIVER BIOPSY AND I WAS IN A LOT OF PAIN NOT PRESSURE AND HE ASKED ME A QUESTION AMD WHEM I ANSWERED AND IN THE MIDDLE OF ME ANSWEREING HE WALKED OUT MY ROOM SAYING YEA YEA..HE IS A NO ACCOUNT DOCTOR IN MY EYES..IF I EVER NEED A LIVER DOCTOR AGAIN I PROMISE I WOULDNT GO TO HIM IF HE WAS THE LAST LIVER DOCTOR IN THE WORLD.I CANNOT BELIEVE PEOPLE RATED THIS HEARTLESS MAN AS GOOD AE THEY HAVE,...

October 20th, 2015
a patient
Really the best to have if you have liver problems

April 10th, 2015
Good Doctor. Knows his business.
Overall good doctor. His bedside manner leaves much to be desired though.

December 31st, 2013
Former Patient
His attention to detail is great. He is orderly and prompt,whatever time your appointment is ,he doesn't keep you waiting. He's serious about your situation,explains things very clearly. Does a good job performing his job and when it's all said and done, he can be very sociable,very and even entertaining(lol). I personally enjoyed his services. Unfortunately for me I lost him, but I'm trying to again become one of his patients. Great Man,Great Dr.

July 14th, 2010
One of the best I've ever encountered!
Dr. Blitzer is very detail oriented, working very hard to understand every aspect of the situation. My case is complicated, with several diagnoses. He spent a great deal of time researching my condition, analyzing every medication and supplement and it's effect on the liver. He insists on knowing as much as possible about the patient and the symptoms. He listens patiently and answered every one of my questions in detail.He is always available to talk with my other doctors and works well with them to maintain coordinated care. He has a marvelous sense of humor and is a pleasure to work with.

December 15th, 2009
The finest and most caring
Dr. Blitzer is the most caring individual we have ever met. He will go to any extreme to be sure the treatment and diagnosis is correct and carried out. He will follow his patient's record with every specialist and internist. Demanding and precise. Just what a professional should be..

March 11th, 2009
Have never know a more professional or caring person...tops in my book...

September 24th, 2008
Dr. Blitzer is intelligent, efficient, experienced, and confident. He obviously has expertise in his field.He seems determined to find solutions to medical problems, and he sometimes collaborates with other professionals (though he seems to prefer to work independently and do everything himself).He seems controlling and aggressive, but this ensures that things will be done in an accurate and timely fashion. His office staff member is cheerful, patient, and professional. She promptly greets all who visit, and she never seems frazzled with demands placed upon her by patients and the doctor.On the other hand, it is evident when Dr. Blitzer is frustrated with a patient or situation. He seems to visibly lose his cool at times. He is very honest and blunt, which is good. His recommendations and opinions are sound; it's the manner or tone in which he expresses himself that can be a bit too harsh or cold. Additionally, Dr. Blitzer does not smile or welcome one in a way that immediately reduces the patient's anxiety. There is an air of discomfort when the patient sits in silence as he reviews past test results and works on the computer. It almost seems as if he is reviewing the tests for the first time as the patient waits?? I'm not sure if that's just the way doctors work? In other matters, he does seem to be very organized, "sharp," and punctual.After the initial diagnosis, he doesn't always explain the results or procedures in layman's terms, and he often doesn't discuss test results until the next visit, which could be months away. This leads the patient to experience either extreme anxiety while waiting, or to automatically assume all is well (i.e. no news is good news). Overall, though, I think Dr. Blitzer's "bark is bigger than his bite." He can be quite gentle and supportive. He will occasionally even laugh or joke. I think he truly cares about patients and strives to provide the best care. He seems to maintain confidentiality and the patient's trust. He appears to take an interest in patients' lives, and he remembers a bit about everyone. This makes one feel like more than just another case. A bit of casual conversation allows one to see Dr. Blitzer's personable side--he does have one!

September 16th, 2008
Is more interested in the disease than the patient. We are merely vessels for what really interests him.