Dr. Bennett Radford DO Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

August 19th, 2015
I literally reacted to everything for my test and then told me I was allergic to trees and grass. My hives have been gone for two months now and I haven't been taking my meds. Still think I'm aergic to trees and grass?

February 12th, 2015
I have been a patient for many years and have found him to be easy to talk to and very good at answering questions and being compassionate.

February 5th, 2015
Choose someone else
This guy is after the all mighty dollar and that is IT. He is condescending and arrogant. Seems greedy and anxious to run tests that are unnecessary. Find someone else.

May 31st, 2013
Patient
I have found Dr. Radford through the years has been an insightful allergist who has helped me with my allergies and shots. I recommend him.

August 1st, 2012
Great Allergist!
Dr. Radford was very caring and made sure to go over every thing. I really liked that he tested all he could do get as much data to make an accurate diagnose. His nurses/assistants were very patient, caring and informative as well. I walked out of there very pleased and with my records of my tests. I would recommend Dr. Radford to everyone.

May 1st, 2012
Here is what's wrong...good luck!!
Dr. was able to diagnose the problem as an immune system "malfunction" for lack of a better word. However, once that diagnosis was reached it was like "my work is done here". No answers, no reason for the problem, not able to explain why or what is causing it. Only treatment is keep pumping in antihistamine's even though the amount being taken is the "maximum" allowed (nine 24 hr. pills per day!!!) and NOT working. Oh, there is a few other options according to the Dr.. Use more powerful drugs!!! 1 of the suggested drugs is used in chemotherapy!!!! Seriously? Here's a better idea...I am going to someone who actually wants to do more than charge my insurance company for office visits and tests. Someone who will actually do some research and TRY to find out what is wrong and how to stop it...not just push drugs to treat the symptoms. Believe it or not even this Dr. can still learn a thing or two but you wouldn't know it by speaking with him, apparently nothing has changed in medicine since the 1960's (at least that is the attitude shown). So why go the extra mile and try and find out if there might be some new ideas out there, possible reason's for the condition...oh, wait...that's right can't bill for that time, that would be own your own. Terrible bedside manner, terminology used is way over the lay person's head, condescending attitude, arrogant, unwilling to do any type of research or offer ideas other than drugs and apparently hard of hearing (or unwilling to listen) are the best ways to descibe.

February 11th, 2012
Excellent care
Dr. Radford and his staff are very caring, professional, and knowledgeable. I've fought allergies, sinusitus, various headaches, and migraines all my life, but since I was referred to Dr. Radford I've managed to get my condition mostly under control. I think it would be totally under control if my insurance hadn't ended and I could have finished the 3 years of allergy shots. I spent a year receiving allergy shots during which I never had a single reaction problem or any other complication. I'd been taking at least 2 allergy pills daily plus another type at night just trying to control it but in the last 6+ months I have taken maybe 3 allergy pills total. Every time I went in to see him whether for allergy shots or other respiratory/sinus problems I was seen quickly and the problem resolved quickly. I agree with another person here that he is the best allergist in Kansas and has the best, most caring beside manner of any doctor I've been to yet. He and his staff are exceptional!

September 27th, 2011
AWESOME
I have been going to Dr. Radford since he was in Hutch. Now he moved to Salina and I was elated. He is an awesome dr. Very cary, He does care about his patients and will give them the time they need. I have never felt better in my life. Thank you Dr.

May 18th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Radford diagnosed problems I had for years in just a few minutes. His nurse was very friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this doctor!

January 12th, 2010
Greatest Dr ever
My appt with Dr Radford was wonderful. He was very caring and I really felt like he was there for me and cared about my problems. He found things that were wrong with me when no one else could figure it out. I would reccomend him to all my family and friends.

October 5th, 2009
Great Doc.
I've had nothing but great experiences with this Dr. Radford.

July 23rd, 2008
Discriminating patient
I saw this doctor for a rather complicated allergy testing sequence in order to be put back on desensitization shots (my fourth time). I left this appointment feeling very uneasy about the rapport from this doctor. I've got a lot of health issues and have literally seen dozens of doctors over the years -- and never have I felt as "uncomfortable" as I did with Dr. Radford. Specifically, he's a "touchy" type of doctor -- which is fine in general with today's patient-centered medical care approach. However, he repeatedly grasped my upper arm and persisted in holding it in an extended series of greetings and gestures of "friendliness." As I was walking down the office hallway to leave at the end of the appointment, I had a strange sense and looked behind me -- to spot him staring at me. It was downright creepy! I did go ahead and order shot serum through his office for the next two years, getting the actual shots in my own doctor's office each week. I never went back as a follow-up with this doctor, based on that initial contact. Interestingly, despite the known risks involved in administering desensitizing shots (which include death), this doctor never required a recheck appointment over the two years that I continued ordering serum there. This also strikes me as a questionable practice, given my previous experiences with other allergists. Recently, I visited with my regular doctor about following up with a different allergist, and he confided in me that Dr. Radford abruptly left his Hutchinson practice due to patient complaints. If you're a woman (I'm middle aged, somewhat overweight and certainly nothing special to look at!), you might want to take someone with you if you opt to receive care under this doctor.