Dr. Bennett Yu MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Tampa, FL

3.6

August 8th, 2016
First, he arrived at the clinic 45 minutes after the time of the appointment and had not yet read any of the medical reports about my case. In a few minutes upon arrival, popped in to the medical exam room to ask one or two questions, then let us know he was going to study/read my medical history and previous tests and prognoses for my case. Another 45 minutes passed, he came in, was in a hurry, asked some more questions, and left to read more. He was focused on radiation for a different part of my body, which is not what I came for; I needed chemo only. He raised his voice more than once when I could not hear. He really was not focused on any information I supplied, and kept going on a different tangent.

April 3rd, 2015
Terrible bedside manner.

October 19th, 2012
Dr. Yu saved my life
I was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. Two other oncologists send me to other doctors/hospitals for second opinions because they "did not know how to treat" my cancer. Dr. Yu took my case and through some tough chemo, arrested the cancer. I am now in remission and would not be here without him. Knowledgeable, caring, honest and no window dressing - he tells it like it is, and includes you in every treatment decision. If I could give him 10 starts I would.

September 26th, 2012
The Worst Doctor Ever
I would not employ this doctor. Not if you want to live. At best, I was treated like a number, at worst an inconvenience. Has no compassion. May be knowledgeable but if you want a doctor who cares, he is not the guy.

September 6th, 2011
I owe Dr. Yu my life.
Dr. Bennett Yu saved my life! He is a very caring and compassionate doctor. He took as much time with me as I needed or wanted. I have the utmost respect for him!

July 28th, 2009
Amazing Doctor with an great personality
I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Lymphoma on Halloween night 2008. As soon as I was diagnosed, it was pure luck that Dr Yu would be my primary oncologist as he just happened to be on call on the floor that night. Immediately after talking to him I knew he was the perfect doctor for me: his personality, sense of humor; and he seemed to know really well what he was doing.There were a few annoyances with the answering service at the PRMC oncology office, but that's probably beyond his control. The waiting times for appointments could be pretty long, but the appointments themselves were always very informative as well as entertaining thanks to his outgoing personality and humor. He was continually consulting with leukemia/lymphoma specialists at Hopkins and kept me fairly comfortable during the whole chemotherapy ordeal. Which led to stopping my chemo treatment early to prevent my bone marrow from being completely wiped out. I'm still having follow-up appointments with him, and I generally look forward to hearing updates on my progress.

May 22nd, 2008
Light at the end of my tunnel
Dr. Yu is an outstanding physician with great bedside manner and deep concern for his patients. Highly respected and recommended