Dr. Bennie Chiles III MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Hartsdale, NY

4.9

December 16th, 2014
top notch
Dr. Chiles and his staff are amazing. Dr. Chiles fully explained the procedure I need to have done(spinal fusion) and aswered all my questions without making me feel rushed. His office staff was friendly and informative. I never had to wait for more then 5 minutes for my appointments and they worked with my insurance company to ensure everything was approved for the surgery. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Chiles and his staff.

December 14th, 2014
patient
After suffering with extreme pain in my lower back for years, which finally resulted in numbness in my left and right lower extremities, I was referred to Dr. Bennie W. Chiles III by my family physician of 25 years Dr. Andres Antonio, MD. When I arrived at home I didn't hesitate to make an appointment to see Dr. Chiles. Much to my amazement I was seen the very next day. This was going to be my first major surgery so of course I was nervous about the procedure and outcome but Dr. Chiles explained everything to me step by step including understandjng my MRI. Mere words could never describe the professionalism, care, dedication and kindness that Dr. Chiles and staff have given me. Dr. Chiles talkes with you not at you, and if there is something you don't understand Dr. Chiles will explain it to you very thoroughly until you do. On the day of my surgery, Dr.Chiles did everything he said he would. I remember our final conversation before I was to go into the operating room. I was so at ease and relaxed. Dr.Bennie W. Chiles truly cares about his patients and I am blessed to have had him as my surgeon. I would recommend Dr. Bennie W. Chiles to anyone without hesitation.

August 13th, 2014
Cervical Spine Surgery
As a nurse, I was diagnosed with Cervical Stenosis, It was important that I find a doctor with experience and expertise to operate on my back. That I did, when I met Dr. Bennie Chiles 111. This after visits with three Orthopedists and hearing their opinions, ,Dr. Chiles, though not " warm and fuzzy" is professional. He listened and explained clearly the diagnosis and the challenges of the condition and possible outcome without surgery. I felt comfortable, at ease and reassured to have him as my surgeon. Ultimately, I had surgery and is making good recovery. Dr. Chiles has a very supportive staff: courteous, caring and efficient. In my opinion, Dr. Chiles is "top-notch," he has the knowledge, skills and expertise that is comparable to any NYC specialist in his field. I would highly recommend him to persons seeking Spinal surgery

May 4th, 2014
Great Experience
I spent 2 years searching for a surgeon who i felt comfortable with and who i also felt cared about me and my well being and not just getting paid to do a surgery. My experience with Dr Chiles and his staff could not have gone any better. The women who work in his office have been beyond helpful and caring from the moment i walked into their office. As for Dr Chiles, he is one of the nicest most caring Doctors I have met in the last 2 years. He is very professional and takes his time in evaluating your situation and making a decision that is in YOUR best interest. I consider myself very lucky to have found Dr. Chiles and to have used him as my surgeon. The day of surgery could not have gone any smoother and he made me feel completely 100% comfortable with a very scary situation from the moment i met him. I hope that i am on the road to recovery and if i am I undoubtedly owe it all to Dr Chiles and his staff.

April 29th, 2014
Superior Service
My experience with Dr. Chiles and his staff was the most relaxing I've ever had. Aniticipating 2 spinal surgeries for the first time in my life I was nervous. Every detail was explained to put me at ease. My surgeries were scheduled right away as they were of high priority. Overall was still the best medical experience I have ever had. The staff is super friendly and professional. Dr. Chiles is well known and very efficient and professional. At the same time speaks to you with ease leaving you very comfortable. His reputation when mentioned to others is impecabble. The best choice!!

April 28th, 2014
I highly recommend Dr. Chiles to anyone experiencing chronic back pain. He is an extremely talented and skillful surgeon. One of the best in the field. My procedure went wonderfully well, no more pain thanks to Dr. Chiles and his professional staff. Thank you Westchester Spine and Brain.

April 25th, 2014
Very pleased in every wat
Dr Chilles is a consummate professional . His office and staff function like a well oiled machine,, appointments were always on time with no waiting, his surgical skills are great as well as his bedside manner.i have been to many doctors and I am very pleased and have already recommended him multiple times since my surgery. My calls were always returned or I spoke with him immediately , and I had a lot of questions , he has a great reputation with other doctors too ,as I have talked to them about him,,,

April 24th, 2014
Highly Recommend
After several consolations I was given Dr Chiles name. His staff was professional and courteous. He explained in great detail what needed to be done to my neck. Of course I was very nervous but after speaking with Dr. Chiles he put me at ease. I am very happy I had the surgery. After several months of discomfort I feel much better and my entire experience with Dr. Chiles and his staff was a very pleasant one. I would highly recommend Dr. Chiles to friends and family. Very grateful to him and his staff.

April 23rd, 2014
President, Beck & Wheatley, Inc.
On 4/10/14 I had my 4th back surgery. Ten years ago a tumor in my spine cause severe stenosis. Dr. Chiles operated all 4 times. The most important aspect of back surgery is trust between doctor and patient. I trusted Dr. Chiles from the moment we met. The professionalism of not only Dr. Chiles but his office staff as well is beyond comparison. Friends often asked if I got a second opinion....my answer was always the same, "why would I get a second opinion, I already have the best."

April 23rd, 2014
Got my arm back!
A herniated disc in my neck (C6-C7) was causing extreme pain, numbness and tingling 24-7 from my right shoulder to my tips of my right hand fingers. My physiatrist and PT felt I had lost 40% of the strength in that arm over the 6 months, and even using a mouse @ work was impossible. Now, 6 months after Dr. Chiles performed the fusion I have full use of my arm, the nerves are pretty much back to normal and I am nearing full workouts again. The scar is completely flat and unnoticeable. Dr. Chiles skill and dedication to his craft gave me my arm back. Thank you Dr. Chiles.

January 14th, 2014
My experience
Dr Chiles came to see me in the hospital after I was admitted for a Herniated disc. He explained all my options to me and was not pushy about surgery. I chose to have surgery and he performed a discectomy 2 days later. I instantly felt relief upon waking after surgery as Dr. Chiles told me I would. I am three weeks post-op and getting better everyday. Dr Chiles helped me get my life back. I am grateful and highly recommend him.

January 8th, 2014
Lower Back Fusion
When I was in a car accident 2 years ago and my back was injured, I feared the worst. After extensive treatment to try and avoid surgery, I had no choice but to proceed. I went to numerous surgeons in and out of NYC and when I finally met with Dr. Bennie Chiles, I knew he was the one. He explained every detail about what would take place, what my options were, and answered every question I asked. Back surgery is not a minor surgery and I was nervous, but Dr. Chiles made me feel at ease. After the surgery, he was constantly checking on me in and out of the hospital and monitoring my progress. He left no scarring at all on a very large incision (I had a two level L4-L5, L5-S1 spinal fusion). He even managed to keep my back tattoo in perfect tact, which was very impressive. I would highly recommend Dr. Chiles to anyone considering any type of back surgery. I couldn't be more pleased with my recovery progress and his constant care. He is by far the best man for the job.