Dr. Benny Chu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benny Chu?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Benny Chu?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 13th, 2016

I visited the office in west orange. This was my first time with this doctor and I had a TERRIBLE experience. The front staff complained the entire time stating how they did not want to come in to work today. Their frustration, unprofessionalism, and regret was displayed in their attitude. Their customer service, friendliness, and professionalism went out the window with every patient interaction. When it came to me, the same disgustingly rude attitude was directed towards me. Finally after waiting for so long, someone finally came out and called me to go to the back room to see the doctor. As I walked pass the front staff, they made mean and nasty comments about me. I'm assuming they thought I was behind the door already but I heard every rude and insensitive comment that was made towards me. I was and still am insulted. And already knew from that point, I WOULD/WILL NEVER come back to this office again. When I finally saw Dr Benny Chu, he rushed the entire appointment by the speed of which he was talking and his body language. He gave me a few things to get done. He did not give me a chance to ask any questions or talk about any problems I was having because his hand was on the door knob half way out the door. When I came out, I was left with the same rude staff. They shoved me some papers and dismissed me from there. Terrible. I was not treated like a person. Never again.

July 27th, 2015

Very nice and sweet personality but WORST doctor. He will drug you up and not address medical condition.

March 27th, 2015

he's the best

I love this doctor. my entire family attends his practice.

January 14th, 2015

A Wonderful Doctor!

Dr. Chu is wonderful doctor. He clearly cares about his patients and it shows. He is professional, yet very kind. He does not make you feel rushed or pushed out of the office. He is soft spoken and allows you to ask questions and speak. He is an advocate for prevention and spends time explaining in detail...he has a clean, friendly office ans a staff that really cares!

November 1st, 2013

HORRIBLE DOCTOR

Dr Chu is the most unresponsive doctor i have ever seen. He does not return calls, does not show any care or concern for patients, and would rather dose patients with anti anxiety drugs than deal with their pain. stay away if you need care.

April 8th, 2013

100% Truth - No exaggerations

I Would not choose this doctor again. The most memorable moments were as follows: Having Dr. Benny Chu prescribe TEN days of antibiotics to me and using his little "ipad" to send the prescription to my local walgreens. I was to have a follow up appointment in two weeks (And a physical Exam at said 2nd appointment as well) to see results of antibiotic... So I went to the pharmacy and there is was all ready for me and I got the pills and went home and started taking them as the label directed. .. Two days later, I say to myself (not word for word) "My follow up appointment is in 2 weeks, but I only have a 5 day supply of antibiotics here. Something doesn't add up." First thing next morning (normal business day) I call Dr. Benny Chu's office and explain the situation and expressing concern that I only have 5 days worth of meds and I think that Dr. Benny Chu wanted me to take it for 10 days... Later that day, at around 5:30 pm est, Dr. Benny Chu called me and left a voicemail (in a somber tone, no lie) that (not word for word) I was correct in that I need Ten days of meds not Five and that he had just called in the remaining Five days of meds to my pharmacy... GREAT! Kind of a huge deal, lucky I caught it, if it were a more serious situation, and it weren't caught, potentialy taking 5 days of antibiotics instead of the prescribed 10 days can in cases be very dangerous and detrimental to one's health and even cause the problem being treated with antibiotics in the first place to become worse as a result of not fully being cured with a full course of antibiotics... Dodged a bullet there...Phew... Okay, so now for my follow up appointment, had a 10:30 appointment, and one of the office workers called and left me a message the day before my follow-up letting me know that I had a 9:30 appointment. Cool, luckily I caught that mistake because I had my original appointment card with the correct 10:30 appointment on it and so just to make sure, I woke up earlier than usual the next day to call and double check the appointment time, as I thought the voicemail reminder was incorrect, but atleast I caught that mistake also, and besides this one isn't a big deal in the least (atleast the voicemail said 9:30 and not 11:30 haha - might have had to reschedule if i didn't cath it and arrived "late" for my follow up & physical)... Okay got there at right time, waited 40 minutes before they brought me in (no big deal, it's perfectly normal to wait in a doctors office)... Physical went fine, I guess. Pretty bare bones if you will. Didn't bother to check height or weight. Did the normal ears, throat, ekg, lung capacity test, hearing test, urine and blood. Didn't check private parts (Was kind of relieved about that as it's not fun to have another man touch you down there, but thought it was SOP during a physical, but maybe times have changed?) Not the best or the worst physical I've ever... Doctor Benny Chu, before leaving me with a very nice nurse to draw my blood, said in passing that it would be about 3 days and they'd give me a call with the results. I said ok great thank you very much take care Doc...Not word for word... So, TWENTY (20) DAYS LATER, I decide that even though I have not heard from Doctor Benny Chu's office regarding my test results (I pretty much assumed that I would have heard something from Doctor Benny Chu or atleast his office staff if there was ANY CAUSE FOR CONCERN WITH MY TEST RESLTS), I'm going to give them a call and just request that they send me a copy of the results, assuming nothing was wrong but just wanting to have it sent to me as I was ticked off that they never bothered to contact me to let me know they got the results back... WELL, I called early in the morning and was told I'd get a call back. AND, I got a call back very quickly as a matter of fact! The woman who was calling me back (NOT Doctor Benny Chu) told me that they did get my results back and that there were a couple of issues and that Doctor Benny Chu wants me to have another blood test... WELL, I wasn't happy to say the least! And the woman who I was initially speaking too, who though it was highly offensive that my voice was raised given the circumstance, became very rude and eventually without warning tranfered me to another woman, someone who proved to have an solid understand of what it means to have a job that involves speaking on the phone. LONG story short, she apologized for each and every one of the situations I listed above (the messed up prescription, the mistake in appointment time left via voicemail, the rude woman who transfered my call to her, and of course the delay in telling me I might have a serious problem of course!!! So she was KIND enough to let me come in the next day to get my follow up blood work. Who knows what might have happened if I never called them??? If they feel like it's prudent for me to come in the next day to get my blood taken, then doesn't that speak volumes regarding the fact that they never called me with my test results (the kind woman admitted to me that they received my blood test results back from the lab FOUR (4) DAYS after my physical!) until after I inquired weeks later? I have never done this before in my life, that is, write any kind of review for anything or anyone on the internet for others to see. But in this case, I feel like I have to do this, and so, it is not a waste of time in my mind that I did this, because it is in fact 100% accurate and is in no way an exxageration of anything. If anything, I have downplayed everything to give benefit of the doubt. But at a certain point, negligence needs to be something that a DOCTOR is held accountable for, even if all that means is one internet review. In the end, I feel better knowing that someone may read this and think twice about what they may be getting themselves into by choosing Doctor Benny Chu and his office for their medical care. No grudges here on my end, just pure honesty here. Now I need to get back to work so I can pay Doctor Benny Chu and his office staff for his/their extremely valuable and timely services! (And apologies to the good ones in the office, unfortunately at a certain point you all get grouped together and we've reached that point) See ya.

August 28th, 2017