Dr. Benson Chen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Benson Chen?

No Longer A Good Doctor or a Good Person

Posted on September 23rd, 2016

In the past, I've given Dr. Chen excellent reviews, but after today, such is no longer the case. I'd been his patient for years, and saw him last two years ago, but last year, his office refused to give me an appointment, whining about Medicare/Medicaid's reimbursement rates and speed of reimbursement, so I went to see someone else. This year, I made an appt to see him again, and no one said anything to me about any changes whatsoever. I drive three hours to see him because I liked him so much, as I live on the Olympic Peninsula. The exam was strangely over sooner than usual, and he said he would give me a new Rx for eyeglasses, as both my distance and reading vision changed. Then when I went to leave, they demanded $48, and I refused, as I said as a dual-eligible, I'm not required to pay, and they claimed Medicare no longer pays for refractions, not acknowledging or discussing Medicaid at all, and I said I live on a fixed income and cannot afford to pay, and the time to tell me I'd be charged $48 is when I called to make the appt. Charging someone, esp someone who drives three hrs who's been a long-time patient, is inappropriate, greedy, and an unfair business practice. They refused to give me my prescription, so they're holding my prescription hostage, which is endangers my eyesight. He refused to write it off and refused to give me the prescription, so I intend to file multiple complaints against him, multiple negative reviews, and post it on social media. This is what the healthcare industry in this country has deteriorated into in this country. Doctors no longer practice medicine, they practice insurance. It's pathetic and hurts the population of citizenry in this country that are the most vulnerable, seniors like myself with aging eyesight. Dr. Chen has turned into a greedy, Bellevue, East King County typical doctor who only cares about money. He should be ashamed of himself.

Professional and extremely competent

Posted on June 10th, 2015

Dr Chen is very courteous and knowledgeable. Goes out of his way for his patients.

Terrible bedside manner

Posted on October 8th, 2011

The Best Ophthalmologist Ever!

Posted on June 30th, 2010

I can't say enough good about Dr Chen. He really knows his stuff and goes out of his way to address all of my issues and concerns. He has a really calming manner. I had my eye wide open as he looked at them. Normally I am the type to blink and pull back due to nerves and fear. I just felt like I can trust him and he did not hurt me. He genuinely likes his job and cares about his patients. It's not just about the money. He also treats me like an equal and is very down to earth. His assistant Rachel McClain is also a superb person. Like Dr. Chen, she is confident and well trained and easy to like as well as genuinely a caring person. They work really well together and the mutual respect they have for each other shows and gives me yet more confidence in my choice of ophthalmologists. I am so greatful to have found these two.

Posted on November 6th, 2017