Dr. Bermans Iskandar MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Madison, WI

• Good
  • Bad

August 26th, 2015
Dr. Iskandar is an amazing doctor!

February 11th, 2015
Misdiagnosed
I had my Chiari decompression surgery done in 2004, everything went well, until 10 years later. I saw him and ordered new MRIs and had me wear a neck brace to see if it helped. It was successful but miserable to wear! He told me that was the fix! i had to wear a neck brace for the rest of my life to relieve this pain. This was unacceptable to me. I got a second opinion and with the same MRIs this doctor found i had a Tethered Cord and my spinal cord was rubbing against my cervical bones causing the pain. I honestly felt as though he did my decompression surgery and didn't want to deal with me anymore, brushed me off with a neck brace. No way was i going to deal with that pain for the rest of my life! I also found out by my new Neurosurgeon that he didn't do enough surgery on my decompression, it was insufficient. This is your brain, your nerves, your pain, your life. Make the best choice for YOU!

September 2nd, 2013
Miracle worker
Dr Iskandar (or Benny, he's called by friends and colleagues) is a miracle worker. He is deeply engaged with your level of care, builds an extremely high level of respect and trust and makes sure you know what condition you have, what the treatment plan is, and what research he has been involved in that allows him to make the best decision possible. He is the head on the board for the CSF organization for research and it shows in his level of knowledge. He makes you feel genuinely cared for and more than just a number. He did my decompression surgery for Chiari and Syringomyelia, and made sure he was off of vacation, had his schedule cleared so he had time to monitor my recovery and be there if anything went wrong. He is extremely friendly, and there is honestly no way anyone could not like this guy. I cried when he told me he wanted to do my surgery- because for years I was getting pushed from doc to doc and harassed for "making it up" or "it was all in my head"- well Benny proved them all right! It WAS in my head- my Chiari and syringo needed to be treated and he made sure it was done right and never once told me I was wrong for having what I had, feeling the way I did, or judging me for going from one doc to the next because I was just trying to find someone like him- knowledgable, trustworthy, smart, and respected. You won't find a better surgeon to do your decompression. Trust Iskandar! He's a miracle worker!

August 16th, 2012
WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!!
First we didn't have to wait at all. In fact we were being seen before our appointment time. He spent a good amount of time with us and made sure all our questions were answered. He was great with our 4 year old son. Great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone. He understood or worries and talked us through them and put our minds at ease. His staff was amazing too.

May 13th, 2017