Dr. Bernadette Clement Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Bernadette Clement?

September 12th, 2014

Committed, Conscientious, Thorough, Integrity, Genuinely Cares & is Competent

I totally trust this doctor with my daughter's care.

July 6th, 2013

Do not Recommend

This doctor seems knowledgable, yet did not work well for us. Was not interested in hearing our point of view and working with us. Her way or no way and in changing doctors, found out she put false information in my daughter's file.

April 22nd, 2013

Dr. Clement has provided excellent care for my son. She's smart and very attentive; we have never felt rushed out of the office. I also feel that she honestly connected with my son and truly cares about his well being. Thanks for being a terrific doctor!!

June 14th, 2012

Fake

The Doctor appeared to be friendly and nice but it seemed liek it was all an act. The use of her wording would make it seem like if she is not saying anything wrong but delivering a different message. I know from other parents that she discusses the life of patients to other people, and that is just unethical. She should keep everything that is spoken in the examine room!

May 19th, 2012

RUN AWAY....Seriously, worst pediatrician I have ever met

Dr. Clement not only failed to diagnose my son with one (very common yet serious) illness, she also made me feel bad for wanting to find treatment for him once I diagnosed the issue (myself!) and it was confirmed by other doctors. Because she does some charity work in the city, she thinks she's seen it all and that nothing compares... She would commonly make comments like "I see much worst cases" "people with much worse living situations", "you care way too much" (seriously!!!?! who would not care about their child's well being?). So, she dismissed my concerns and failed to provide a plan of action. She gave me the impression that she was making a ranking of illnesses, like some are worth treating and other are not. If you want a doctor that puts EVERY child best interest, go somewhere else!!! I should add that she is very judgmental and will commonly make naughty comments about your parenting skills. Even for the smallest things... It almost feels like her goal when you enter her office is NOT to treat the child, but to guilt the parents into thinking they should do a better job...and that once again, she knows better.Since then, we have found a wonderful pediatrician that has gone above and beyond to help our son and we've never looked back. Seriously do yourself a favor and run away!!!

May 11th, 2011

Now that I read these reviews, I see the pattern. Should have done more homework, guilty of that!If you are looking for a pediatrician that doesn't put her patient's health first, has not enough knowledge and engages in ego trips, look no further, this is it! My son had a very bad cough so we made an appointment with this person, who used to be his pediatrician. The appointment was made for the next day at noon. Two hours and a half later, while still on the waiting room, I find myself with a tired and hungry toddler and being told about each half and hour that we had to keep on waiting. His very bad cough keeps on taking a toll on him to the indifference of the doctor. We were explained that it's because of "newborns" that take a long time. Well, then don't give me this appointment to begin with! Even an emergency room is more efficient. To make it even more surreal, the doctor had time meanwhile to engage in long "small talk" with people that drop by to say hello, and hand in a cheap bouquet of flowers that she couldn't resist wasting time examining. Meanwhile, she wouldn't spare 2 words to say till when we would have to keep on waiting. The bad cough continues on and on.Few observations here: shouldn't it be beneficial to newborns that visit this place if the entrance and waiting room (same space really) wasn't used to keep toddlers with pneumonia waiting on for hours while spreading germs? Is there a need to be so disorganized when it comes to setting up appointments? Why not being more realistic and upfront when scheduling them saying "this might take a couple of hours".Well, thanks god we found an excellent pediatrician the next day that diagnosed pneumonia thanks to X-Rays that he's able to get done directly in his office. Being able to use this X-Rays real time was a godsend to properly diagnose my toddler. Dr Clement does't have this. It took this expert as long as Dr Clement took to observe those cheap flowers to diagnose my toddler with the dangerous pneumonia. I got the prescribed medicine right away and my son recovered within few days thanks to this great doctor that was ready to handle a case of pneumonia. Dr Clement wouldn't have been able to diagnose him correctly I'm afraid cause the 1st observation didn't find any anomaly, it was from the sound and intensity of the cough that this doctor realized sth was up. Dr Clement heard this same cough while examining her cheap flowers in the waiting room but imho she is not knowledgeable enough to know pneumonia is a possibility, nor can get an X-Ray done on-site. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for a doctor that is seeing newborns to fill up her entrance/waiting room with pneumonia germs.In conclusion, it's ok to go to Dr Clement for regular check ups and vaccines, but if something urgent or that requires more knowledge about comes up (like diagnosing pneumonia at an early stage), then look for somebody more knowledgeable and with proper time management skills. BTW "to calling to check in on my sick children while on vacation with her family". We went for a vacation right after this fake appointment and Dr Clement not only didn't call to ask how was he doing, also didn't apologize for missing the signs of pneumonia (the other Dr picked it up just from hearing him coughing) nor for the wait of 2+ hours at ANY time. She had multiple opportunities to do so, a sign that for her this is business as usual, not a bad day.

February 18th, 2011

Fantastic doctor who really listens

It's so refreshing to have a doctor who really knows my daughter and spends time with us in appointments - not like the other Manhattan practices we have been to where it felt like an anonymous assembly line.

October 2nd, 2010

We would highly recommend Dr. Clement to any friends, as we had excellent experiences when she was our daughter's pediatrician. We transferred pediatricians due to a move and we wish that we could still work with her. She was patient and always willing to answer any questions or listen to concerns that we had. She was available by phone at all hours. She was supportive of breastfeeding. When health concerns arose, she set us up with specialists and advocated when we had a difficult time getting timely appointments as needed. She was always willing to fit our daughter in for additional appointments when needed. She was willing to have open conversations regarding vaccinations and educated us thoroughly as we made those decisions, and even supported an alternate vaccination schedule according to our requests. We appreciated her support, patients, dedication, knowledge, and follow-through.

May 25th, 2010

A pediatrician who does not care if your child is sick

My son was 5 month old when he developed an ear infection with high fever and nonstop crying and Dr. Clement REFUSED to see him, even though he was a patient of hers, because she had well baby appointments all day. She happened to step out of her office and literally rolled her eyes rather than even taking a look at my son who was feverish! She is insenitive, and obviously could not care less if a child actually gets sick. I had heard bad things about her before but refused to belive them until this happenned. I found another doctor who saw my son right away, diagnosed the ear infection and prescribed antibiotics.

April 14th, 2010

Spent my appointment times having casual conversation with other patients while I sat with an undressed squirming baby for on avg of 1 hour. Gets overwhelmed easily with back2back appointments. Not a good quality for a busy NY office! Pleasant demeanor overall once u finally get to see her. Clean office. Staff are competent yet uninviting. Care was good.

June 12th, 2009

Excellence in care

When I went to see Dr. Clement at her practice (Harlem Pediatric Associates), I was very impressed with her expertise and extensive knowledge in pediatrics. Not only was she very knowledgable about the issue with my child, but she took the extra time to explain the heart of the matter and the options available too me. At no time did I feel rushed, or as if I was just another patient to be seen and sent on my way (which is how I have felt with other pediatricians in Manhattan).I highly recommend Dr. Clement to anyone looking for the highest quality medical care for their children.

April 5th, 2017