Dr. Bernadette Hughes Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Bernadette Hughes?

September 14th, 2017

Analyzed my mind. Not my problem

Totally gave me her arm chair impression of my anxiety and that with the proper perspective I would de well. Despite theee family members having Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Totally nongame plan Needed to go to unmc. They had me take multiple test / diet exercise / and brain games / remodeling tools. So in retrospect ----------- horrible and robbed. No follow up. But happy to take my $$$$$$$$&

September 22nd, 2016

Horrible Bed Side Manner

I saw her a number of times, the first few pleasant enough. The last few times were horrid. The last time I saw her was the last straw. I left her office in tears because of the harsh things that she said. She mentioned having taken a number of psychology courses and said that I had depression. Yes, I do. She then proceeded to ask me what I would do if my mother were to suddenly die, if I planned to live homeless on the streets. I will never, ever go see her again nor would I suggest her.

February 22nd, 2016

Nerve pain

I found her attentive to my test procedures, prompt in getting the results to my referring Doctor and was quick to make suggestions about my medications as they may be causing my nerve pain.

August 1st, 2015

Do not see Dr. Hughes

The worst doctor I have ever seen! She is more like a robot than a person. She has the worst bedside manner and it is a waste of time to see her. She did not help me at all..

April 9th, 2015

Horrible experience with Dr. Hughes

Whatever you do please DO NOT see Dr. Hughes. I had the worst experience with her. I have severe migraines and it was suggested to try Botox and agreed to try. The day of my appt. she did not explain anything about the treatment or after care, did not have me change into a gown, did not cleanse my skin before treatment, did not offer to numb the areas being treated, had to use a chart to see where to inject the Botox, spilled one of the bottles of injections, offered no after care and did not wear gloves!! The experience was horrific. Three different times she hit a spot that sprayed blood all over and all she told me was that "wow you are a bleeder". Her bedside manner was insensitive and rude. I was also told that insurance would cover the complete cost of my treatment and that I would not have to pay anything. Then I get a huge bill. I tried to call her 10 times to explain the issue and what the neurologist said about it being covered 100% and I never received a call back after leaving several messages. I was finally told to call the billing department and speak to Alta, who was even worse to deal with than my experience with Dr. Hughes. She basically said too bad you owe that amount and there is no financial aid available since hardly any patients are paying their bills and they will probably go out of business soon. So not only was I put in an unsafe and unsanitary environment I got stuck with a bill I was promised would be paid in full by insurance.

January 30th, 2015

Great experience. Highly recommend.

December 15th, 2014

Horrible insensitive and does not care about you but sure will take your money. She should have been in a profession that doesnt deal with human interaction

October 1st, 2014

Does Her Job

I was just on google trying to figure out who it was that I saw eons ago for a childhood problem and came across these horrible reviews. I experienced a rather thorny bedside manner from Dr. Hughes and probably gave her some attitude back, but I'll tell you, she got the job done, told me things I didn't want to hear. did it make me angry and upset? Probably. It has been probably 20 years since I saw this doctor and even though I didn't particularly care for her as a person, she's a great doctor and I am referring her to someone. As an adult-- thanks Dr. Hughes.

January 13th, 2014

Bad Doctor

Dr. Hughes would not be my first, second or third choice if I were to see a neuro again. My initial visit was because my eye doc spotted optic nerve damage on an OCT scan. With MS in the family and symptoms which could be MS, I admit I was leaning towards that diagnosis. At the first visit, I did all the stupid human tricks and answered questions. When asked about my symptoms, I began to state some of them, I was cut off after a few things and she told me they could be anything. I had more things to discuss but was basically blown off. She sent me for an MRI to ease my mind... she was leaning towards a stroke or the fact that I was out of shape. Additionally, she scheduled me to see an optic neuro since the original was an OCT scan. I was scheduled for the results three days later but was told I could get the results Friday if I called. I called Friday and was told over the phone that they "found some things" but they couldn't discuss over the phone and I had to be seen Monday. I showed up on Monday, paid my co-pay and was quickly taken back into the room. Upon the doctor entering the room, she forgot who she was sending me to for additional testing, didn't take notes from the previous appointment and told me there is nothing wrong. There is a spot in my brain but I should have four of them because of my age, I asked what it was and she replied, "a ditzel" - I asked what a ditzel was and she lifted her shirt, exposing her belly and showed me a dark mole looking thing on her belly. Smiling, she said, it's nothing, you're clear, it's out of my ballpark but the optic neuro will let me know if there is anything she needs me to do. She also stated that she hopes it's the fact that my eye doc is uneducated with her machines and doesn't know how to read the results. Finally, the office girls - very rude, unfriendly, and generally unpleasant. Not recommended.

October 1st, 2013

appointment

I waited along time then she pretended to not know who I was. Although I was just there 3week ago. Wow what a rude person and so uncaring.I couldn't believe her demeanor was so strount . Which she made very clear her prior patient accused her of being pregnant. (Really) Therefore this made her mad so she was really rude and short with me. Isn't this a mental health doctor? Then someone needs counceling also!

August 13th, 2013

Wait time a bit long, but Dr. Hughes spent a long time with me discussing options and answering questions. Personable and seemed very knowledgeable. Very pleased.

July 24th, 2013

She was VERY rude

She was very rude, had more to say about how I had organized my papers than my symptoms. I can not believe the hospital does not counsel this doctor about her bedside manner! I left that appointment and will NEVER go back there again!