Dr. Bernadette Onuoha Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bernadette Onuoha?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Bernadette Onuoha?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2016

She has no sympathy for patients. She takes vacations more than any doctor I have ever seen. Her hours are crap, basically she See's her patients when it's convient to her. She has a billing Employee whom never returns calls and Everytime I call the office the 2 Receptionists state their going to Relay the message and no one ever gets back. She sits on her "IPAD" the whole visit and will tune you out, but on the other hand she will have her "Billing Coordinator" Invoice you if you owe her any money yet when you call for an explanation of billing Im told My message will be forwarded to that person whom obviously is never in the office. Her visits should be free. I wouldn't recommend her. Very Rude Doctor

April 20th, 2016

OK for med management

Always late for first appointments of the day, no empathy, use her for med management only. Her attempt at psychotherapy has left me more distressed in general.

September 11th, 2015

I would say Dr. Onuoha tries to treat her patients adequately, however, sometimes it seems as if she's not very understanding of what people go through. Most of the time you're talking to her and she's taking notes on her ipad. However, she does attempt to make you express yourself and it does make you feel better emotionally in the end. I think her effectiveness is about 90% . Her receptionist/medical assistant isn't very bright or courteous though.

July 20th, 2015

Awful experience

I took my autistic daughter to Dr. O to be seen for an anxiety disorder. She spent about an hour and 1/2 not allowing my daughter to speak and sent her into a full blown panic attack. I have never seen my daughter like that. It did not appear that the doctor had read any of the paperwork that was filled out in advance. After a very lengthy, demanding and demeaning answer session, we left with no medicine. My daughter's psychologist was so upset that we didn't any meds and said not to take my daughter back there. Do not take your child to this lady or her very unprofessional receptionist. This is one day I wish I could do over.

July 14th, 2015

Bad Support for a Health Professional

First meeting I had to wait well over an hour after my appt time only to be rushed out in less than 45 mins when I am being billed for an hour. I didn't mind her taking 4 months to get me on medicine. Afterwards when we agreed to follow up every three months, she only wrote me a prescription for two months and when I called to get my refill the secretary kept saying no without even speaking to the physician. She is very rude and does not care to try and resolve the issue which would be theirs in this situation. I have paid my bills on time and she's telling me the physician is not available to give me a call back at her convenience. I am switching physicians today and would never recommend going here to deal with this.

May 12th, 2015

Will Not Take 5 Minutes to Call Patient's Parent

I have visited the doctor with my son and overall the visits went well. She is a decent doctor but her front desk receptionist needs work. My husband came in at one visit and the front desk receptionist was picking at her toes! And besides bad manners, the receptionist is rude and unprofessional. My biggest problem over all with the office is I requested the doctor to call me directly. I had the receptionist call me back two times, and I explained to her I wanted to speak directly to the doctor. I have yet to receive a call back as of today.

February 1st, 2013

Very good Doctor

She creates a very calm environment and allows her patients to feel comfortable before opening up to her. I would recommend her to other parents that are looking for a doctor for their child. My son is 6 years old. She is very kind, polite, but firm with my son.

July 15th, 2011

The Best Doctors Give You What You Need, Sometimes Not What You Want to Hear

Based on seeing the previous 2 ratings, I was curious about what could possibly be negative about a patient's experience of Dr. Onuoha. One possibility is that we often are in a negative frame of mind when we are in pain and seeking help. Sometimes, I must say, a wonderful doctor can be not such a great match for an individual patient. As a healthcare professional myself, I feel I can be helpful to anyone seeking a first-rate specialist.Dr. Onuoha is a top-notch physician psychiatrist, and I know several because of my work. She is extremely compassionate, takes her time, and has an excellent understanding of the state-of-the-art medications and what works for which patient. These are all of the qualities I could ever hope for in a doctor. I very much appreciate that she warmly but firmly gave medical advice, which was not necessarily "good news." I am following her directions, because I have faith in her outstanding ability.As you read reviews of doctors, remember that people often are sad, depressed, anxious, or seeking a quick remedy (or perscription) when they seek help.I should also add that I found her secretary to be very helpful, efficient, and pleasant, since that matters, too, in a psychiatrist's office.

September 5th, 2010

Very difficult doctor

She was very rude and short. She didn't want to listen. Very rushed and don't want to be asked any questions

August 10th, 2017