Dr. Bernard Burton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bernard Burton?

August 15th, 2014

Pros and Cons

I've visited Dr. Burton for a few things over the years. Things I like: The man will try and help you in the absolute cheapest way possible. The staff is good at scheduling, reminding about appointments and will haggle with insurance agencies for you that try to get out of paying both for procedures and prescriptions. The man charges a very fair price compared to other dermatologists. Things I'm not sure about: The man is very conservative in approach. He will try minimum treatments for ailments that possibly don't work and you will find yourself back at the office. I'm not sure this is the place to go to get something solved or fixed overnight, but once you are established as a patient, the office will get you seen again in what I consider a fair amount of time. I said I'm not sure whether I like this because you might wind up back a few visits, but Dr Burton really tries not to waste your money on expensive medicines or procedures unless he has to. Cons: If you want something removed from your skin that will require cutting and care about cosmetics (smaller scar) afterwards, probably a plastic surgeon would be a better route. If something is pathological in nature, insurance will cover a plastic surgeon the same as a dermatologist, doesn't matter who removes it. If something is purely cosmetic, then you will pay out of pocket at either place so might as well go with the one trained in cosmetics, right?

July 5th, 2012

rude and UNHELPFUL STAFF. This is wichita falls, okay? with their attitude, i would think i called some celeb derma in LA or NY.

June 14th, 2011

An unsightly scar

Everything about my initial visit was pleasant. The removal of a lump on my chest went well, I thought, until the sutures split open. I called the office and received a next day appointment. I was treated by the nurse who closed the wound. It broke open again, within a day. I was treated the next day, however this time they used glue. The results? I have a very unsightly scar in a very visible place. On my follow-up visit I communicated my displeasure and reminded the nurse that Dr. Burton told me I would not have a scar. She simply said it happens.

January 9th, 2017